Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Really, really p….. off, after I answered Loulou today I went shopping and bumped into an old friend, asked her how she was doing and she said she had her gallbladder out three weeks ago, she said she only waited 7 weeks from being in hospital to having it out. She works in a doctor’s surgery. Left me wondering if it’s one waiting list for people who work in the NHS and one for the rest of us.

To add insult to injury said they cancelled her surgery the first time and she phoned them and had a go because it had been cancelled.

I am now 6 moths out from my week in hospital and apart from an appointment with the consultant in April and I haven’t heard a dickie bird, so angry 😡 what with that and the fact my dd has had to pay nearly £1000 for a private consultation and ct scan for her on going medical problems (serious debilitating headaches for 18 months after CVST) I’ve really had enough with the NHS (sorry to all those that work very hard in the NHS but this is my experience).
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Really, really p….. off, after I answered Loulou today I went shopping and bumped into an old friend, asked her how she was doing and she said she had her gallbladder out three weeks ago, she said she only waited 7 weeks from being in hospital to having it out. She works in a doctor’s surgery. Left me wondering if it’s one waiting list for people who work in the NHS and one for the rest of us.

To add insult to injury said they cancelled her surgery the first time and she phoned them and had a go because it had been cancelled.

I am now 6 moths out from my week in hospital and apart from an appointment with the consultant in April and I haven’t heard a dickie bird, so angry 😡 what with that and the fact my dd has had to pay nearly £1000 for a private consultation and ct scan for her on going medical problems (serious debilitating headaches for 18 months after CVST) I’ve really had enough with the NHS (sorry to all those that work very hard in the NHS but this is my experience).
Sounds like it’s a not what you know but who you know situation 🥲🥲 I do wonder why people feel the need to tell people these things, they must know they are going to angry and upset
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The only thing I can add to this is to see if you can get a CT or MRI for heart as well as scan for gallstones.
I had a scare a few yers ago with horrendous chest pain during the night. Being a coward I would not go to A&E (needle fobia), but late next morning went to Doctors aspain still there. They sent me to A&E after ECG, but was told it was not a heart attack and come back in 2 weeks by heart ward. In meantime diagnosed as galdbladder by ultrasound and removed private before 2 weeks. Heart ward said fine I'll disccharge you or you can have a CT scan of heart if you want. Accepted this (not knowing it required an injection of dye) and the result was an extensive network of heart blockages that needed attention. So I'd advice getting heart checked with a scan also.

PS. Never had the same chest pains after the gallbladder removal, but probably only alive today because of the heart , without that scan also.

Not trying to scare here, but the heart consultant telling me we only look at heart here and not other possibilites, but removal of the gallbladder would probably solve it. Luckily I accepted his scan offer, over discharging me.

Edited at 12:35 AM.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post

Sadly, it isnt the case. I work for the NHS and work very closely with all specialites, and the booking teams etc. But i have been waiting for nearly two years for a date - thankfully one has now come through for next week - but this was after a LONG LONG wait just like every one else. Please be reassured NHS staff do not get 'special privileges'.
Old 12 Aug 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Pepsibubbles
Imagineer

So we have decided to go private, my daughter is 26 and has gone from a size 12 to a size 4 in 6 months, she is looking very ill as she can only eat certain foods and not go over 8 grams of fat a day. The hospital diagnosed gallstones back in March, they then sent her for an MRI in May as they thought she might have a blockage. She received a letter at the end of May for a telephone appointment. The appointment was for October, this was just to give her the results of the MRI. They still hadn't put her on the list and wouldn't until she was given the results in October. We spoke to our doctor who told my daughter to complain about the amount of time she was having to wait for results. She complained and received a call a week later MRI showed no blockage but now she had to wait until July until someone called her to put her on the list...A lady phoned said she would put her on the list but would probably be over a years wait So as we have no holidays this year we are paying for her to go private. She has her first face to face appointment on Monday and they explained they could get her in the end of August She is looking forward to Christmas dinner lol as she couldn't have any last year.
February... 2011/2012/2015... May ... 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019... June ... 2014...August ... 2009/2010/2011/2014/2017... September.. 2002/2003/2005/2013/2014/2015/2016/2018/2019... November ... 2017/2018
Pepsibubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

So sorry to read this. I hope your daughter gets some relief soon.

I went private for an operation that had a ridiculous waiting list on the NHS. Never looked back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List