Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jul 21, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy on same day so I had sedation - I could probably manage a colonoscopy without but not the endoscopy.
My advice would be read the prep instructions - I hadn’t realised it’s best to start the prep a day or two before in terms of the kind of food you should eat (white foods!) Luckily I saw it just about in time. With the prep the night before one was ok … I found found the same again next morning quite early to be a challenge .. it’s a lot of liquid to take, but it’s fine.

I was starving when I got back home, so make sure you have something nice in for after!
Good luck.

As a side note, I think the prep cured me of my pain. I have diverticulitis and I think that the prep cleared anything and everything out so I was pain free after.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JillyEd View Post
I have had two of them. The first one I was absolutely dreading. Seriously petrified as it has been my worst fear for years and used to think I was so thankful I didn’t need one. Then suddenly I did!
I spent the journey to the hospital in a cold sweat I was so scared. It sounds mad and I have had lots of ops but for some reason this filled me with fear. When i went i to the room for it the doctor had to calm me down as he said my heart race was way too high. Eventually it came down and the procedure begun.

I honestly remember nothing of it. Please ask for sedation. You wont be asleep but should feel nothing and not even be aware it is happening. Afterwards they monitor you for a while, gave me a brew and biscuit then let me go hime.

The second one was a breeze because I knew how the first had been. I felt so stupid for being so scared. I would do it again an6time but only with sedation!
Thank you, this is how I will be.

I really do appreciate the reassurances of your experiences. ♥ 🤗

Will try and plan a few days of very light food. Tbh, not been eating huge amounts for the last month. Am I okay with white toast and maybe cereals? Just not healthy ones!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
My son was in hospital and poorly when he had his which is why he found it tough with no sedation. Everyone is different 💜 I liken it to childbirth as I have done that multiple times. I can do it with no pain relief but prefer not to so I take the meds and have a pain free delivery. If the OP is anxious about the procedure already then sedation may be the way to go. Like childbirth, you don’t get a medal for doing it without meds, so why not take them and have no pain?!
Exactly! My first wasn't great and it had to be stopped. But I was extremely poorly and couldn't have sedation. The rest I have sedation. I'm in and out in 15 minutes, sedation wears off straight away. Tbh I find the dentist worse now 🤣
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy on same day so I had sedation - I could probably manage a colonoscopy without but not the endoscopy.
My advice would be read the prep instructions - I hadn’t realised it’s best to start the prep a day or two before in terms of the kind of food you should eat (white foods!) Luckily I saw it just about in time. With the prep the night before one was ok … I found found the same again next morning quite early to be a challenge .. it’s a lot of liquid to take, but it’s fine.

I was starving when I got back home, so make sure you have something nice in for after!
Good luck.

As a side note, I think the prep cured me of my pain. I have diverticulitis and I think that the prep cleared anything and everything out so I was pain free after.

I had the same op you need to take this stuff for me it was a pint there 2 packages that you mix I was told not to drink it all at once but to drink it all every 15 minutes until it was gone which I did. I took the iPad in the loo and spent 45 minutes in there the frist time 10 minutes after I was back in there for another 10 but you need to do this as it clears your stomach. The procedure itself was fine as said before you can have gas I did not I did look at the screen and had a joke or two
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

just had a call for a date for this, 7th September! that is ages away...

Cannot go on like this, was on the loo 5 times already this morning, sorry tmi...

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
just had a call for a date for this, 7th September! that is ages away...

Cannot go on like this, was on the loo 5 times already this morning, sorry tmi...
Sorry to hear that. Is it possible to call the hospital and ask to be notified if they get a cancellation ? Some run lists for such events - just a thought

Hope you feel better soon x
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks MF x

I've gone through my medical insurance, i've told the secretary to let me know if anything comes up, but she says its unlikely.