Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Apr 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Talking 5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 03: Windsor Hills & Vineland Outlets

Day 03: Windsor Hills & Vineland Outlets
February 12, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

Myla woke up at 4:30AM, but fell back asleep when Michael lay down on the other bed beside her for a bit. However, that was me awake in our bedroom, I couldn’t get back to sleep 😭 I used the time to catch up on Facebook and some work.

Myla woke up for real at 6:15AM, and we all had breakfast in the kitchen, Myla had her favorite Weetabix and Michael and I had porridge with fresh fruit.

After breakfast, Myla played in the games room with Michael while I showered and got ready. She had a blast with the pool table and the air hockey table!

We decided to take Myla to the big playground at Windsor Hills this morning, before it got too hot, and we left around 9AM with Myla in the stroller.

She very proudly wore her prized Primark sunglasses for the first time - she LOVES these and wore them tons the entire holiday. It's up there with the best 5 euros I ever spent haha.

The walk down to the playground was lovely, we were admiring all the big houses and just how American everything looked! Last year we stayed at a condo pretty much at the front, so we never ventured this far back into the estate!

The temperature was lovely, starting to heat up but just perfect and warm this early. We reached the playground in about 8 minutes, and Myla was very impressed. It's great, with a big castle playhouse with various slides and levels, sets of swings and seesaws, and we saw several squirrels running around to Myla’s excitement!

There was 1 other family there, but they didn't acknowledge us or say hello at all. The little boy ignored Myla completely even though she tried waving at him a few times - I suspected maybe he had some special needs. He was very systematically doing the exact same thing over and over with 2 little toy cars down a slide, and although he looked up to see Myla wave at him, he ignored her. So we left them alone and I made sure Myla didn't keep pushing for him to play with her or crowd him (she can be a bit too persistent sometimes) - the other family left 10 minutes later and Myla was happy enough playing with us.

After nearly an hour, she had enough and we started walking back. It was getting very hot quickly now - we were all sweating by the time we were back at the villa. The walk back was ALL uphill in the roasting sun lol!

We ate some peanut butter sandwiches as a snack, and then left in the car around 10:30AM to go to the Vineland Premium outlets for a bit of shopping - Michael and I both wanted new Skechers and Michael and Myla both also needed new flip flops. Myla didn't fit hers from last summer anymore, and I hadn't been able to find any decent ones at home before we left.

We parked up before 11 and got our bearings - I’d never been here before, so we were walking around confused for a few minutes as this place is pretty big and I had no idea where the Skechers store was! I found a map eventually, and found the store. I located a pair of white ones in my size which were perfect! I tried about 6 different pairs on but none were as nice as these. Michael didn’t see anything he liked, and was sitting down entertaining Myla most of the time I was trying on shoes. I decided to get mine after all, although because he didn't buy any, they were basically just the full price anyway (the main offer was buy one, get one 50% off). The girl at the till did tell me if I kept the receipt, we could apply the 50% off in the future too, in case we saw anything in another Skechers store.

After some more browsing, we stopped for lunch around 12:30 in the food court. Michael and I had very tasty rice bowls from Currito in the food court, plus plain spaghetti for Myla, it was all yummy!

After going into a dozen shops, Michael finally found a pair of flip flops he liked, and as they had a “buy one, get one 50% off” offer, it would have been rude for me not to pick anything haha! So I picked a pair of Nike flip flops too that I knew I could wear in the parks too.

While we were in the shoe store and I was keeping Myla occupied, she said she needed to poop like RIGHT NOW. So I left Michael in the store and quickly lifted her and carried her through the 31 degree heat all the way back to the restrooms. However, as soon as we walked in, she balked at the noise from the noisy flushing toilets and hand dryers and refused to go onto the toilet. We went into the stall and I tried for a minute to get her to go, as I knew she did need to poop, but she was going into real tantrum mode so there was no point. She wasn't listening to me at all and just wanted to get out. I was a bit frustrated, having carried her all this way (she's not that light to carry anymore!), and I think she could tell I was annoyed, because as soon as we were outside, she told me sorry with a teary face. How can you stay annoyed for very long at that! 💞 So I hugged her and we talked about how she can't let the noise stop her from using the toilet. She promised to try harder next time, but she didn't need to poop anymore, so we headed back to the store eventually.

After we paid for the flip flops, Myla was quite tired and becoming a bit whiny - she didn't want to nap in the stroller and didn't want us to go into any more stores. So we called it a day - you can't shop with a stroppy toddler. We headed back to the villa around 3. Of course, 2 minutes after we started driving, she was sound asleep lol.

We stopped at Walmart on the way back so Michael could run in and get the dishwasher tablets we forgot to get earlier, while Myla kept napping.

She woke up when we lifted her out of the car back home, and we relaxed on the couch for a bit. I took photos of our new purchases, and Myla wanted to be in the photo too lol!

Myla asked to go to the pool now, so we got changed and drove down to the community pool for just after 4, bringing the new pool noodle we got at Publix a few days ago.

It was lovely again, cooling down and just relaxing in the water. We swam and splashed for an hour and headed back at 5:15 because we were starting to get hungry.

I gave Myla a bath while Michael sorted dinner, and Myla and I relaxed on the couch for a while. We had more burritos and spaghetti for Myla for dinner, all yummy!

Then we just chilled and watched tv for an hour, Myla did some coloring. We tucked her in around 7:30 and she went to sleep no problem - we were in bed ourselves for 8, quite tired after another fun-filled day!

Edited at 02:32 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely day!
Curious to know if you made it the whole 5 weeks...
Or did you had to go home earlier?
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Lovely day!
Curious to know if you made it the whole 5 weeks...
Or did you had to go home earlier?
No we made it the whole 5 weeks! Our flight home had been booked for March 16, and we were very lucky that it wasn't cancelled - so we flew home exactly when planned. We only missed out on 2 park days at the end, and that was by our own choice as we were starting to get a bit nervous about crowds. We were very lucky that our holiday wasn't more impacted by all this! At this point, in early Feb, there were no known cases in Europe or the US, and we couldn't have predicted how different things would be when we came home 5 weeks later...
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
No we made it the whole 5 weeks! Our flight home had been booked for March 16, and we were very lucky that it wasn't cancelled - so we flew home exactly when planned. We only missed out on 2 park days at the end, and that was by our own choice as we were starting to get a bit nervous about crowds. We were very lucky that our holiday wasn't more impacted by all this! At this point, in early Feb, there were no known cases in Europe or the US, and we couldn't have predicted how different things would be when we came home 5 weeks later...

Good to hear! Hope you had a lovely time.
can't wait to read all about it!
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Myla is very cute. Another good day.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 6 Apr 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

enjoying your trip report. How different life was just a few weeks ago. Your DD is a cutie! I have always find the toilets at the Outlets to be a bit grim, so don’t blame her reaction, noise or not.

Looking forward to reading along. X
Old 7 Apr 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Big smiles at the park.
Loving seeing WH again 👍 many happy memories there
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

A nice relaxed day, looking forward to more😊
Thank you
Old 12 Apr 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Fantastic day, lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List