Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 26 Jul 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You can pick up her kay Scarpeta cook books on eBay sometimes
Our all time favourites are her key lime pie so light topped with fluffy meringue and she serves it with very dark chocolate I make a dark chocolate sauce so folk can drizzle it over if they wish
The other one is my go to quick quick pasta favorite
Lemon broccoli and pea sauce with bow tie pasta 20 mins and on the table also amazing cold it’s my pot luck summer bbq party bring along dish
All the recipes are quick and easy
Can share some if you want
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
You can pick up her kay Scarpeta cook books on eBay sometimes
Our all time favourites are her key lime pie so light topped with fluffy meringue and she serves it with very dark chocolate I make a dark chocolate sauce so folk can drizzle it over if they wish
The other one is my go to quick quick pasta favorite
Lemon broccoli and pea sauce with bow tie pasta 20 mins and on the table also amazing cold it’s my pot luck summer bbq party bring along dish
All the recipes are quick and easy
Can share some if you want
That all sounds amazing DH loves Key Lime pie! I love the sound of the lemon, broccoli and pea pasta, if you don’t mind sharing that would be fantastic. I will also go check eBay for her recipe books. Thank you for the tip. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A touch of fresh chopped mint if serving it cold mixed in is amazing I just never add the
Amount of salt to any American recipies
Her soups are amazing as well
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
A touch of fresh chopped mint if serving it cold mixed in is amazing I just never add the
Amount of salt to any American recipies
Her soups are amazing as well
I just found on eBay ‘food to die for’ by Patricia Cornwell, I will keep you posted once it arrives.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You can swap the pasta for tiny new potatoes
Honestly it will become of your go too nobody else has the recipe books
It’s a staple like Delia Smith in here but almost all are quick or lazy autumn/ winter leave it alone to simmer
If it’s got the peanut butter cookies. In it be prepared to repel boarders my lot are that greedy for them the won’t let them cool on a tray
The key lime pie really is “To Die For “ best lightest pie ever and easy
Pizza on the grill way before it was a thing we’ve been doing it for years
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh the lemon and broccoli pasta she doesn’t add peas in some of the later additions
So it’s fresh peas. Shell and put in with the broccoli when the broccoli is tender to your taste drain and immediately plunge in to ice water ( I use a collander and a bowl of ice water ) and straight back out this set the fresh colour
If eating cold let everything cool then toss together everything can be prepared and made the night before and assembled just before serving
Honestly the key lime pie with the darkest chocolate and served with good coffee is absolutely the best ever
If we are all eating out as a family it’s oh Mum ( etc ) are we going home for pie
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Saparksy 72 I’ve just switched the oven off for my mums clotted cream recipe as DIL
Has a afternoon tea for 15 tomorrow
It’s easy and never fails nor does her/quick strawberrie jam recipe that was made this morning at 5 am
Mums easy easy sponge recipe will be made in the morning as DIL will be making her scones and me the the shortbread and brides slice ( May be a Scottish thing but easy ;
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Oh the lemon and broccoli pasta she doesn’t add peas in some of the later additions
So it’s fresh peas. Shell and put in with the broccoli when the broccoli is tender to your taste drain and immediately plunge in to ice water ( I use a collander and a bowl of ice water ) and straight back out this set the fresh colour
If eating cold let everything cool then toss together everything can be prepared and made the night before and assembled just before serving
Honestly the key lime pie with the darkest chocolate and served with good coffee is absolutely the best ever
If we are all eating out as a family it’s oh Mum ( etc ) are we going home for pie
I love that, I used to shell the peas for my Grandma when she made dinner. I might have to surprise DH with the key lime pie.
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Saparksy 72 I’ve just switched the oven off for my mums clotted cream recipe as DIL
Has a afternoon tea for 15 tomorrow
It’s easy and never fails nor does her/quick strawberrie jam recipe that was made this morning at 5 am
Mums easy easy sponge recipe will be made in the morning as DIL will be making her scones and me the the shortbread and brides slice ( May be a Scottish thing but easy ;
Sounds amazing Helen, you just can’t beat great homemade food. Xx
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I had some leftover pasta from last night and also some cold cooked chicken, so I made a quick ‘leftovers’ cold pasta dish. I used Mayo and a couple of large spoons of basil pesto, mixed it then added it to the pasta and chopped chicken. I also added some sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and cooked (and cooled) broccoli and spicy cheese. DH devoured it! Not bad for using up leftovers and I didn’t have to turn the oven on you could literally use anything you had in the fridge!