Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Redruth United fc buildings wrecked - seemingly after access to the site was forced

google/amp/s/c...ng-5695266.amp

Why do people do stuff like this for seemingly no reason whatsoever ?.
Please go the link and watch the video .

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:31 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

This is a regularly occurring problem in the area, a certain element seem to pitch up where they like, trash the area and cause chaos, before moving on to repeat the exercise at the next location. It happened on ground behind Pendennis Castle Falmouth, just a few weeks ago.

Of course, many feel unable to say much for fear of being labelled ‘discriminatory’ against what are loosely called ‘the travelling community’. (There are other, possibly more appropriate names used by some).

The only good news is that following an appeal, many (including Moi), have donated towards the costs of repair.

I simply wonder where they will destroy next in their ongoing rampage…. Maybe coming to an area near you!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:55 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Unfortunately this happens too often but you can't say too much for fear of discrimination. This is also why people don't want them in their town as they can cause thousands of pounds of damage or destruction that a council has to clean up.

They can't just be moved on either.
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

And they wonder why people don't welcome them! All the fields here are fenced off and large farm vehicles parked in front of gates, it has quite spoilt the look of the rural part of the area.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

cornwalllive/news/co...-built-5684488

I noticed this link from the first article . ( a purpose built £1.75m gypsy and traveller site barley being used ) I am sure paying to stay on the site is part of the issue of why it isn’t used . But I suspect most holidaymakers would be more than happy to pay just over a tenner a night
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post

I noticed this link from the first article . ( a purpose built £1.75m gypsy and traveller site barley being used ) I am sure paying to stay on the site is part of the issue of why it isn’t used . But I suspect most holidaymakers would be more than happy to pay just over a tenner a night
Part of the massive building plan for our area includes a traveller site. That's nice isn't it?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Part of the massive building plan for our area includes a traveller site. That's nice isn't it?
Well, that will render all houses in the area, pretty worthless. The locals must be delighted!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post

Perhaps paying for things is not a concept that these people are familiar with?

Old 26 Jul 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

The car dealership where I work has spare land at the side . So we get ‘ visitors’ at different times of the year . Complete with horses , chickens etc . Makes a lovely approach to the dealership and it’s great when the kids come in and open all the car doors etc .

A few years ago we serviced a car that unbeknown to us was from a member of said community. He came to pick it up last thing on a Friday with his two ‘ boys’ . Got given the keys ( mistake on our part ) then refused to pay ( once he had moved it off our premises on to the road ) and then claimed we owed him £1000 to cover the damage we had done to his car .
He came upstairs ( offices out of bounds for the public) and I was the only one still working.
Lovely bloke with a scar down his face full of accusations .
I managed to talk him downstairs to be able to see the ‘damage’ . As it happened a cop car was driving past so I flagged him down . He listened to scarface’s story of how I was threatening him ( I am a mild mannered accountant ) , said it was a civil matter and as the car wasn’t on our site , nothing we could do.

So the guy ended up with a free service / repair .( head office advice)

Someone needs to stand up to them but no-one will as they know what the potential repercussions could be
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

It’s vandalism and criminal behaviour and I find it ridiculous that discrimination is used as a weapon of not being prosecuted.
Tinks2014 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List