Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Intrigued by October being quiet(er) - is this true even for the UK half term?
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by squish View Post
We found last October particularly busy but up until then we had always gone the last two weeks of August so that’s all I have to compare it to.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Should have added that the water parks in comparison are nice and quiet though
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

We were there for oct half term and the week after, we found MK horrible on the evenings we could go to as there were halloween parties on for 7 out of the 14 nights we were there. Also Epcot was manic in the evenings due to food and wine, really hoping its not so busy in August.
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

End of august
Old 17 May 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lexie32 View Post
We were there for oct half term and the week after, we found MK horrible on the evenings we could go to as there were halloween parties on for 7 out of the 14 nights we were there. Also Epcot was manic in the evenings due to food and wine, really hoping its not so busy in August.
So you were there the same dates as us and what with the above and then runDisney which followed it felt hard going.
Old 18 May 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by squish View Post
Based on last years wait times, the end of October is reasonably quiet. It's not the quietest time of year by any means but it's far from being the busiest time of year. Out of the 52 weeks last year, the very last week of Oct (28/10) comes around 9th and the week before (21/10) around 14th in terms of being "least busy". The first week in November (4/11) is busier and around the middle of the list (around 26th); possibly due to Jersey Week.

We went during October half term back in 2010. The parks were quiet in the first week but got a bit busier towards the end of the second week. This was 8 years ago though.

BTW, it will generally seem busier going at any time of year now than it did several years ago. Saying that it is a reasonably quiet time of year does not mean that the parks are quiet; they aren't. It just means that other times of year are even busier.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:20 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

1st 2 weeks in May for me every time! Weather, cost and how busy the restaurants etc are are perfect for us
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsMoney View Post
Please don’t give me long term averages when I provided factual temperatures of a date whereby we attended MNSSHP and were pretty damn cold.

I clearly stated Sunday 29th October 2017 of which the high was 20 degrees that day and the low (going into the Monday was a mere 8 degrees). The Halloween party is in the evening and it was 12 degrees when we were at it.

The OP’s question was “when to go in 2019” and I gave the OP my experience of the months I have been to WDW. I also clearly stated that my only experience of October was in 2017 and am well aware that many people have had great weather at that time of year but we were unfortunate.

I do agree with you in regard to the fact that you cannot guarantee the weather anywhere (as last year proved) however you have chosen to note only one part of my various responses.

The weather plays a minor factor in when I choose to visit WDW and this thread is not about October weather.
I wasn’t giving YOU anything! Long term averages, combined with extremes, are the best predictor of what the weather will be like. But if it’s so unimportant to you I wonder why you have so much info about it.
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
I wasn’t giving YOU anything! Long term averages, combined with extremes, are the best predictor of what the weather will be like. But if it’s so unimportant to you I wonder why you have so much info about it.
Maybe I misunderstood - you quoted me when responding. Whilst I appreciate the whole long term averages etc, we were there and what we experienced (as well as every other dibber that was also there the last week of October last year) didn’t coincide with those “long term averages”. I said the weather played a minor factor in our decision as to when we visit, I didn’t say it was unimportant. Of course it’s important to some degree, I would hate to be experiencing what those that have visited these last few weeks have experienced (although that too wouldn’t fit in with long term averages). I also said what we experienced last October wasn’t the norm but unfortunately that’s my only experience of that time of year so (along with crowds and a number of other factors mentioned above) it has put me off. I’m glad that you and many other dibbers have had great October weather in the past but we didn’t so I won’t be compelled to agree otherwise.

Edited at 11:22 PM.