Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

On our 12-day trip to Florida in 2017 our party of 3 (me, teenage autistic son and ex) spent $1,432 out of pocket and redeemed our DDP credits for a further $986. That included Ubering from our 3 nights at Universal to our 6 nights at Disney and our final 3 nights on I-Drive. We didn’t skimp in any way and had what we wanted. We ate out at table service nearly every night but breakfasted in our room on cereals. Me and the ex do drink a little alcohol but not much.

I’d say that average of $70 per person per day pretty well reflects averages in previous years too!
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
So, does $50 dollars per person a day equal a "comfortable"amount? That's the jist I'm getting.

That's food only.
So long as you aren't planning on getting hammered every night or buying a load of new bling it should be just fine. Make sure you have a slush fund (or card) in case you feel like seeing what it's like to be Mr 1000$aday on one of your days but really just like at home you'll spend what you can afford, you can do Orlando on less than $50 a day for a family of four if you make all your own food - but only you can decide what economies you are happy with
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

I would like to backup what others have said and say that I think your cost range is reasonable.

It might be a good idea to plan your evening meals ahead of time to give yourself reasonably priced options. Menus can often be downloaded or viewed online, so easy to check out prices etc. Always keep in mind the tipping culture and the sales tax.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mestew87 View Post
Everyone has difference circumstances

That is my budget for the holiday, If we spend the money that is a different story.

I have worked hard and made a lot of sacrifices, which many of you (older and younger) haven't had to do in your working life to be where i am, so you cant cast judgement on my circumstance.

End of the day be content with what you have, If i could turn back the clock on my career I would of chosen to start and focus on family rather than my career, but we live and learn with the decisions we make in life

Florida no matter what budget you go with is a fantastic environment and one which cant be replicated anywhere else in the world, one place which will always bring back happy memories no matter what
Arrogant and unnecessary!
You say ‘people can’t cast judgement on my circumstance’ - whatever that means, and then promptly judge others by assuming that many people have not had to make sacrifices in their working life. If that is not passing judgement on people who you know nothing about, I don’t know what is!
You may have $1000.00 per day to swan around with, but you are not doing yourself any favours here!

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I remember well when we first started doing Florida with our then 2 young children back in 1994.

I always took travellers cheques and tried to get away with $100 a day and that was eating out for breakfast, Park lunches, Park snacks for the children (we couldn't afford them so did without so they didn't miss out) and eating out for dinner. Could just about manage it.

Everybody has to cut their cloth accordingly and to do Florida on a tight budget is easily done and still a great time can be had.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

I have always aimed to have $100-$150 a day budget that’s for 2a2c off site. We usually have breakfast in Villa(ihop somedays) then snacks in park and dinner out(millers/Olive Garden). I take mixture of cash and cc. Some shopping days too!
As mentioned already Florida caters for all budgets and everyone’s spending habits are different. I’m sure you will have a great time with that budget!

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

we try on average to have $100-$150 per day depending on how much we have saved by then. we dont eat in the parks mind you and tend to have breakfast in apartment etc. This money also includes day to day spends and we have roughly $500 over and above for buying things. We have always come back with pennies so you are right on the money I say.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you so much everyone for your help!
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We took $1750 with us this year.

We spent $400 on clothes/souvenirs (mainly clothes, Lacoste had a lucrative cinco de mayo sale on...!) and still came back with $200. So we spent $1150 over 14 nights = approx. $82 a day in total.

Each day was different, some days we'd spend $130 and others only $50. Remember if you're going to DC this is all inclusive, so basically a free day! At least 6/7 meals were at the restaurants on CityWalk.

It's probably worth mentioning that we ate everything we wanted to, and we eat A LOT, but always skipped breakfast, either just sharing a donut (or nothing) and then having lunch and dinner. We just don't go for the novelty really expensive items as we don't feel the need to, but we did have alcohol 4/5 nights.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gadge
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We’ve been a few times now (2x has a couple, and we are here now with twins).

This time around we are in a villa and have spent around £850 for 17 nights but we not big spenders and don’t really buy tat...I mean merchandise

The cost is mostly food with the odd gift (and includes disney parking).

I’m so glad I have twin sons, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the price of the disney princess boutique stuff.
Gadge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List