Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 May 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks4ever
Imagineer

28th November for us
staying off site 08 1st trip

POR, 08, 09, 10,12
OKW 2013,2017
CBR 2016
tinks4ever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chip&Dale View Post
With the greatest respect, if you have attended special parties 4 times, then surely you understand that the '4pm entry time' refers to the official time that entry wrist bands can be collected from cast members for the party. MK is open for non-party guests during the day (up until 7pm), so as a MNSSHP/MVMCP ticket holder, you are not required to leave the park and re-enter at or after 4pm to attend MNSSHP/MVMCP.

Your original question was 'Can anyone confirm if you can still enter mk at 4pm on a party ticket please'.

My answer remains the same... Yes you can. You can also enter MK at 10am and remain there all day, collecting your MVMCP wrist bands from 4pm onwards.
I think the confusion this year comes from that Disney have just changed the November park hours on the Christmas Party nights. They changed the park closing from 7pm to 6pm. People are wondering if the Party starts at 7pm what is happening in the hour from 6pm to 7pm

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
I think the confusion this year comes from that Disney have just changed the November park hours on the Christmas Party nights. They changed the park closing from 7pm to 6pm. People are wondering if the Party starts at 7pm what is happening in the hour from 6pm to 7pm
I'm certainly no expert and I could be completely wrong here but I would imagine that either the park hours will be changed back to 7pm as the Disney website states that MVMCP starts at '7pm', or Disney will update their website with 'starts at 6pm'.

Park hours usually change a number of times.

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chip&Dale View Post
I'm certainly no expert and I could be completely wrong here but I would imagine that either the park hours will be changed back to 7pm as the Disney website states that MVMCP starts at '7pm', or Disney will update their website with 'starts at 6pm'.

Park hours usually change a number of times.
With respect there was no confirmation about the party ticket holders being allowed in a 4pm again this year. It was rumoured the party would start at 7pm and the park would close at 6pm to clear the park , hence they would t let you in at 4pm if they were going to close the park at 6pm.
It was a simple question , which has kindly been answered now by Disney themselves. And yes the park hrs still remain at a 6pm closure with the party starting at 7pm. It's better to be sure before forking out over a $1000 don't you think. Things change so you cannot always just presume.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
With respect there was no confirmation about the party ticket holders being allowed in a 4pm again this year. It was rumoured the party would start at 7pm and the park would close at 6pm to clear the park , hence they would t let you in at 4pm if they were going to close the park at 6pm.
It was a simple question , which has kindly been answered now by Disney themselves. And yes the park hrs still remain at a 6pm closure with the party starting at 7pm. It's better to be sure before forking out over a $1000 don't you think. Things change so you cannot always just presume.
I think this is where the confusion lies.

I was not aware of this rumour and this is the first time I have read anything about it.

As Magic Kingdom has never closed on a party night, there was no need to have to re-enter the park.

If the new process will be Disney closing MK and requiring everyone to leave and then re-opening MK for the party event, I can imagine that there will be some annoyed people - myself included.

Did you contact Disney direct? or has this new information come from another source?

I still am unsure about your remarks regarding 'forking out over a $1000'? Are you going to purchase the party tickets now that you believe that the park will be closing at 6pm and re-opening at 7pm?

Would you have still made the purchase if you were told that the park would not be closing and the process is as it has always been?

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes I've spoken to Disney who have answered all my questions about entrance etc and yes we've bought them on that information but I have emailed them as well for written clarification , still waiting for a reply. So you can access for 4pm and will be able to stay in the park without leaving . They may still ask non party ticket holders to leave at 6pm though at mvmcp ( perhaps trialing it as less party dates ? )and you cannot get an adr in mk past 6pm either at the moment. I'm still waiting for an answer on that one as that also affects the days we are there and a party is on ( most of our holiday) . Leaving and reentering would have swayed my decision though. I know they have lots of complaints, especially last year about non ticket holders remaining in the park and cms not doing enough to clear them so I get why they may do this as well.
Things change because of how things are handled previous years hence my hesitation to buy them. It's a lot of money to spend so I wanted to be sure about the t&cs.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle x
Very Serious Dibber

Belle x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Has anybody tried booking tickets this morning? I'm having trouble booking them.. tried 2 payment cards & it just brings up an error.

Next Trip - Pop & Endless Summer - August 2024
Belle x is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by VICKYTORIAPLUM View Post
We have booked our holiday package direct with Disney, so does anyone know if we can just ring Disney direct and add this to our itinerary without having to pay for the tickets until all the holiday balance is due?
My understanding is you have to buy any special ticketed event separately paying for the ticket at the time of purchase. We always have had to.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Booked for 10th Nov. MNSSHP booked for Hallowe'en. Can't wait...

Club level at AKL this trip too. Our first and probably only club level stay. Back to POFQ next year.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

On past events non ticketed people are expected to leave at 7pm when the party starts. Seeing things happening tends to get people hanging around to check it out. I assume the new 6pm is to get people leaving with no distractions and hopefully majority of non ticketed people would be out before things kick off t 7pm. Sure they will still be the odd ones hanging around but not as many.
Great if it works especially for those attending the event.
I will be there on the 17th Dec, lets bring it on!