Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Aug 17, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

Dining plan - can only one in a couple use?

Hi. My husband and I were doing some draft plans of where we will use our table service credits. We got close to the end and all was going well, but we were struggling with the last couple. At this point we also had a couple of restaurants where we would be paying ourselves as for what we order there is little value on the dining plan (For example where I only really want a starter).

Then he had what's possibly a great idea for us and I wondered if it was possible and if anyone had done it. If we go for a meal together is it possible for us to pay on the dining plan for his meal and out of pocket for mine?

Would really appreciate any thoughts/experience on this.
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You can use the dining plan any way that you choose, you can use every credit in one day should you want. Obviously the only thing to be wary of is being left with excess credits.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Yes you can just make sure you tell your server what you will use ddp for and what you want to pay for.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I'm considering doing this as dd counts as an adult but she'll want a children's meal at bog. If not I wondered if they'd do her a bigger portion of pasta at bog and an adult size water as pasta isn't on the adults menu.
Old 14 Aug 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes you can do this but if you're getting a package everyone in the room will need to purchase the dining plan. We also do this sometimes though is (older teen) DD wants a kids meal or I want a starter not a main. We then use leftover credits at a couple of signature restaurants.
Old 14 Aug 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Is it just two of you ?
The DDP is usually considered too much food and families with kids who share meals on QS seem to end up with lots of credits over.
Are you basing this on your husband eating three full meals a day so using a lot more credits ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes, you can do this - just let your server know you want to split the bill. I considered it as a way of squeezing more signatures in as some are poor value for me (e.g. Yachtsman as a non-steak eater) where DH will get the most expensive thing on the menu.

Also if you do only order starters, these don't qualify for DDP so they couldn't use your credit anyway. They would just show as remaining to pay after his credit is deducted.

Edited at 05:40 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Just to be clear if two in the room BOTH have to take the dining plan ... it isn't clear if your husband is a big eater, you are planning on lots of signature meals or you are under the impression just one can.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Just to be clear if two in the room BOTH have to take the dining plan ... it isn't clear if your husband is a big eater, you are planning on lots of signature meals or you are under the impression just one can.
I read their question as they already had the dining plan booked for both, but were running out of TS credits when deciding what reservations to make.

Same situation here. My current plan has about 20 credits allocated (if we were to both have a full meal) when we're only there 7 nights - and one night I haven't even decided on yet. But I'm not concerned as some will be fully OOP at poor value restaurants, some will be starters only as the OP mentioned.

Not quite enough OOP to upgrade to deluxe and save money, although one more Signature would probably push me over the edge.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks all for the comments. Sorry I didn't explain very well, we've both got the dining plan and have used it the last 3 or 4 times now so quite aware of the amount of food.

It's most like what Ioldis says, we like going to signatures and my husband loves the big expensive steaks but me not so much. We were only planning on doing this once, to free up two credits for an extra meal elsewhere.

Thanks all again
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List