Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Aug 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairey1985
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Getting to beaches and cream?

I was really pleased that I managed to pick up a adr for beaches and cream as we are staying off site so no dining plan etc but now ive just realised it's not in magic kingdom and I booked for our first full day at 2.30 but I had planned to rope drop magic kingdom on our first day and want to spend the full day until around 4/5pm. Is it difficult to get to beaches and cream from magic kingdom and would it take a long time? I can book my fast passes tomorrow for our first day and I'm wondering if to arrange them around the adr or if to cancel altogether to save the hassle, anyone have any idea?
Clairey1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

You can get a bus from Magic Kingdom to the Beach Club, which is where Beaches & Cream is. It's going to waste a lot of time though, if you plan to return to MK later.

I'd cancel it personally.
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As above, it would take a chunk of your time to get there and back. I'd either cancel or change to Hollywood Studios or Epcot, if you're ok not doing MK on your first day
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

use this for transport times ourlaughingplace/aspx/twiz.aspx
+ wait+security+walk

I would either go to epcot/HS for the day or reschedule the ADR if you can.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 04:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Clairey1985 View Post
I was really pleased that I managed to pick up a adr for beaches and cream as we are staying off site so no dining plan etc but now ive just realised it's not in magic kingdom and I booked for our first full day at 2.30 but I had planned to rope drop magic kingdom on our first day and want to spend the full day until around 4/5pm. Is it difficult to get to beaches and cream from magic kingdom and would it take a long time? I can book my fast passes tomorrow for our first day and I'm wondering if to arrange them around the adr or if to cancel altogether to save the hassle, anyone have any idea?
You can get a bus directly and if I were staying at Beach Club I would think it reasonably convenient.

But no way would I travel over there on a MK day just for lunch. I would cancel ADR or change your plans for that day and do Epcot instead.

As Beaches & Cream ADRs are hard to get, changing your plans might be simpler if it is somewhere you really feel is a must (it didn't look that special to me, but then I am not bothered about eating mountains of ice cream).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No way! It ain't that good 😊
Old 16 Aug 17, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would not cancel your first day in MK for beaches and cream. If you really want to go look for another ADR or you can get a take out ice cream when you are in Epcot. It is ok. We were oop and had a pleasant enough meal but would agree with previous poster that it is nothing special, i personally wouldn't even call it a restaurant it is more a cafe. There's a lot of hype about the Disney restaurants. I wouldn't take time out of MK for it.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Clairey1985
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you everyone for all your help. I'm going to cancel as we were only going for the kitchen sink as the kids had seen some YouTube videos but I think first full day of our first ever Disney world holiday we'll want to soak up all the magic at MK and not be rushing around for an ADR
Clairey1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clairey1985 View Post
Thank you everyone for all your help. I'm going to cancel as we were only going for the kitchen sink as the kids had seen some YouTube videos but I think first full day of our first ever Disney world holiday we'll want to soak up all the magic at MK and not be rushing around for an ADR
I cancelled our reservation last night as we didn't fancy leaving Epcot to go there. We have the Bon Voyage Breakfast and Rose and Crown booked that day. We were only going for the Kitchen Sink which I don't think the 4 of us could manage. Prefer to spend more time in the park.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Nicest way is get the Friendship boat from DHS (left of park exit). It will eventually drop you at the Yacht Club. Then walk by Stormalong Bay pool to B&C.

But I wouldn't do B&C on an MK day. It's too far a journey.
Get a couple of the Mickey Pants sundaes and share those. You can find them at both the Plaza/Main Street Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom

They are $ 14.99 each but you get to keep the sink. (I don't think they are on the dining plan.)You'll need to wash it out in a bathroom afterwards.

Edited at 10:29 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List