Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Nov 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

First time visitor - Help!

Hi,

I am planning a surprise trip for my husband's 50th birthday as he's always wanted to go. I'm only telling him at the start of February 18 (on his birthday), and we leave on 30 March.

Is there any benefit in buying park tickets now (will they be cheaper), or can I wait until I've told him? This is his dream trip so I'm a bit scared of planning the trip without his involvement - bitten off more than I can chew I think!

Would be grateful for any help and guidance you can provide and also recommendations of where best to buy tickets from?

Thank you!

Edited at 02:25 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyhol
Excited about Disney

disneyhol's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jayno View Post
Hi,

I am planning a surprise trip for my husband's 50th birthday as he's always wanted to go. I'm only telling him at the start of February 18 (on his birthday), and we leave on 30 March.

Is there any benefit in buying park tickets now (will they be cheaper), or can I wait until I've told him? This is his dream trip so I'm a bit scared of planning the trip without his involvement - bitten off more than I can chew I think!

Would be grateful for any help and guidance you can provide and also recommendations of where best to buy tickets from?

Thank you!
That is an amazing surprise - good luck with it all! (You will be fine - especially with everyones help on here!)

I don't think that ticket prices change depending on what time of year. We have used attraction tickets before (for Universal but i know they do disney too)

Happy planning!
Old 7 Nov 17, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Welcome

What a nice idea

Booking a disney holiday isn't scary if you break it down

Flight, Accommodation, tickets, then its just planning each day, its really quite easy, ask lots of questions here and you'll be fine, but ask before booking stuff, I found the dibb a few trips ago, unfortunately I had booked a lot of things first and found myself kicking myself a lot once I read the good people here giving advice, you will have an amazing time whatever you do, its impossible not to, but the clever folks here make it even better

Happy planning
Old 7 Nov 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tdawber
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

The exchange rate is the best it's been for a while and with brexit on the horizon it will only get worse.
Tdawber is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you all for responding and being so lovely
I have the flights and car hire booked, so the parks are the next big thing (and the bit I'm feeling overwhelmed with).
We have 2 weeks - in your experience would we be better just getting Disney and Universal tickets? I don't want us to miss anything, but I also know we can't do all 6 parks in 14 days either! Just really not sure where to start with the park planning.
Old 14 Nov 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Matt46
Getting Excited

A day in each universal park should be enough for your first visit, spread the rest of your time in the 4 Disney parks not forgetting the 2 water parks. You may want to add in a couple of shopping days / rest days, most of all enjoy it.
Matt46 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are buying Disney Tickets and are staying offsite then make sure you have them at least 30 days before you travel so that you can book fast passes. It’s 60 days if you are staying onsite.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

regarding parks other than magic kingdom which i feel is a must it all depends on what you are looking for from each park as they are all different and with the hopper option and possibly buying american tickets you might find you can be more flexible and customise a holiday that better suites you needs.

what kind of things do you think he would like to do i:e thrill rides, movie orientated rides, harry potter fan or star wars fan ?

we all here to help and and love to do so and sorry if it gives you more to think about ?

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you so much for the replies - right now I am really up for all the guidance I can get!

That's great advice, gives us a wee idea of itinerary, I really just haven't known where to start. I see we should get tickets 30 days before to allow us to book the fast passes, so if I get on it the day after his birthday (7 Feb), do you think that will be enough time to get the tickets to us before 1 March (we fly to Miami on 30 March)? Head is in a spin, but I'm SO grateful to this forum for all the help and guidance!

My kids love water parks, and my eldest and husband enjoy the crazy roller coasters, where my youngest and I are keener to do tamer rides. To be honest I think once we're there we'll just want to do it all, but I don't want to come back exhausted and ill either!

Thank you for your help!
Old 29 Nov 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tdawber View Post
The exchange rate is the best it's been for a while and with brexit on the horizon it will only get worse.
So true - after hearing we will give away 50+BN pounds just to pay for things that we then won't have access to, I can't imagine that the money markets will look on the pound favourably