Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We just made it a "happy " event , showing them the plane before we got on, telling them where the pilot sits when getting on the plane, etc etc
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Would he respond to a little bit of "bribery" /distraction if you have a bag of surprises, one for sitting in the seat, one for putting the belt on and keeping on etc. Just little things to take his mind off anything bothering him like small cuddly, sticker books, blind packs of lego mini-figures or similar.

My kids always loved taking one of their soft toys on the plane and in fact my DD at that age used to talk the toy through what we had told her about sitting down with seat belt, staying seated when special lights on, having their own special meal. They also always had their own small backpack and latterly a pull a long bag with space for their cuddly.

Hope all goes to plan and to be honest can never recollect seeing any little one being taken kicking and screaming onto a plane or being removed as wouldn't go on or sit down.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nsal0101
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Would he respond to a little bit of "bribery" /distraction if you have a bag of surprises, one for sitting in the seat, one for putting the belt on and keeping on etc. Just little things to take his mind off anything bothering him like small cuddly, sticker books, blind packs of lego mini-figures or similar.

My kids always loved taking one of their soft toys on the plane and in fact my DD at that age used to talk the toy through what we had told her about sitting down with seat belt, staying seated when special lights on, having their own special meal. They also always had their own small backpack and latterly a pull a long bag with space for their cuddly.

Hope all goes to plan and to be honest can never recollect seeing any little one being taken kicking and screaming onto a plane or being removed as wouldn't go on or sit down.
Thanks Mel. I think the best route I can take is the Kinder egg bribery so hopefully that will work. He also broke his VA model plane so I told him I would buy another on the flight so I hope he's starting to understand..
* Rosen Inn@pointe May 2018...
Just hope they are not the last
nsal0101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would preorder the model plane for the flight...as they never had any at the duty free...only BA planes...though they have changed terminals.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Just remember don't leave any stray Kinder Eggs in your bags when you get to the other end!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

My son had some similar issues at that age.

Do you have an aircraft museum nearby?

We "practiced" flying at the RAF Museum (free!), IWM Duxford and Le Bourget.

By the time the big day rolled around, DS was so excited to be getting on a plane that actually WENT somewhere...he practically RAN on board.

Good luck!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nsal0101
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Eeyore rocks View Post
I would preorder the model plane for the flight...as they never had any at the duty free...only BA planes...though they have changed terminals.
Will Do, there are a few things im going to pre-order so ill make sure I do it

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Just remember don't leave any stray Kinder Eggs in your bags when you get to the other end!
lol. I won't

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post

By the time the big day rolled around, DS was so excited to be getting on a plane that actually WENT somewhere...he practically RAN on board.

Good luck!
I so wish I did something like this a few months back. Im not going to get the time now unfortunately.
Thanks to everyone so far. Your comments are helping!
* Rosen Inn@pointe May 2018...
Just hope they are not the last
nsal0101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours have been flying since they were 3 months old so it’s second nature to them. But when they were about 2ish we made them ‘responsible’ they had to show their passports, their tickets, help get mummy put their bags in the scanners, go through the scanner etc. We’ve found it really helps with the journey because they think they are a big boy/girl. They don’t look after their passport but as far as they are concerned they do what mummy is doing. We find that demystifying the journey and not getting stressed out about it is the best way for ours to cope with the planes and airports. We have a rule in our family once the key comes out the front door, we are on holiday so holiday mindset kicks in and everyone is much more chilled
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lady hiss
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

When our daughter was young we made a pretend passport for a soft toy which she was responsible for. She sweetly told him he had no need to worry as it was a big adventure when we boarded so she forget any nerves she had and it worked a treat. It was also funny when she showed the immigration man the tests passport with his picture in it he played along wonderfully.
lady hiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post

Good luck!
I was going to suggest something like this too 👍🏻
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List