Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
LPK
I have Ears

Three Feel At Home

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding Three's feel at home sims. I have bought one for my upcoming trip so that I have access to calls, texts and data, but I am just wondering if calling or texting incurs any international charges for the recipient, specifically if they answer an international call or reply to a text which is then received in the US?

I was planning to phone home once or twice whilst in Orlando, but I don't want to risk causing them mobile charges just for answering the call and talking to me. If that's the case, I'd rather just stick to using my data to send emails and IM's home.

Thanks!
LPK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You are calling them in the UK from a UK number the person whom would incur roaming charges would be you on that, but as you have feel at home you won't.

So to them it would be as if you called them from the next street in terms of charges
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LPK
I have Ears

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You are calling them in the UK from a UK number the person whom would incur roaming charges would be you on that, but as you have feel at home you won't.

So to them it would be as if you called them from the next street in terms of charges
That's good to know. Thank you!
LPK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
If you’re planning on using data then I don’t recommend Three. It’s 3G only which is throttled so expect nothing faster than a few MB.

3G has actually got a little slower in recent years as networks have used the capacity for voice calling as well as data

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We've just come back from Orlando and found the Three add-on near to useless for calls and data and I wish I'd just used it as PAYG rather than the £10 package. When we used it 3 years ago we had very few problems with it but luckily DH was on a different network this time. I could use WIFI at parks, shopping centres etc so used what's app for messaging there and to UK.

I'm going to send an email to complain as waste of money for me as the only place it picked up a signal was near the Villa where we could use the WIFI anyway.

My DH however had the EE Max Plan and got a signal for using as phone or mobile data in most places.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazzie
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
We've just come back from Orlando and found the Three add-on near to useless for calls and data and I wish I'd just used it as PAYG rather than the £10 package. When we used it 3 years ago we had very few problems with it but luckily DH was on a different network this time. I could use WIFI at parks, shopping centres etc so used what's app for messaging there and to UK.

I'm going to send an email to complain as waste of money for me as the only place it picked up a signal was near the Villa where we could use the WIFI anyway.

My DH however had the EE Max Plan and got a signal for using as phone or mobile data in most places.
I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, I found switching the carrier manually helped, doing it that way I had constant good reception.
Dazzie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Dazzie View Post
I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, I found switching the carrier manually helped, doing it that way I had constant good reception.
DH tried that with it too - tried sim in his phone too but no luck. Did search on DIBB and tried few suggestions I found too. Luckily we had EE one for emergency contact for family at home in UK and DH and me just used the old fashioned way of agreeing time and place for odd times split up incase WIFI not working. As soon as drove into Encandata Resort linked up with T-Mobile but not needed by then ! My next holiday is to Canada where Three at Home not available so will use DH's Max Plan out there .
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Mobile

Always switch to AT&T. The default Tmobile is usless but I have no issues with AT&T
Old 23 May 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsaymc
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Have used Three feel at home in both Orlando and Florida on 3 occasions now and never had an issue. 3G generally works really well. Use the free Wi-fi where available (3 also does free Wi-fi calling). As already said switching to AT&T works best.
Lindsaymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Always switch to AT&T. The default Tmobile is usless but I have no issues with AT&T
Tmobile does have a poor reputation around here for coverage. I have an AT&T contract and rarely have a problem.