Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mum24children
Excited about Disney

:) Going back, split parks

Yeah, we're going back after 8 years. My lovely dad has given us some money and this is what we're spending it on. I've had a quick look at prices and this is my second stop. I got so much help here last time. It's good to be back. We just did Disney last time but want to split this time. We're thinking 9 days Disney and 5 at Universal. Has anyone done this? What is the best way to organise it? We're planning to go in July 2019. We're planning to stay at park hotels each time. Also thinking about trying to fit in Kennedy Space Station. Are there buses out to there?
mum24children is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

This was how we arranged our honeymoon in 2005. We did: 9 nights at AKL then 5 nights at HRH. It was great and, in recent years, we have gone back to this structure. This time: 5 nights RPR, 4 night Dolphin then 8 nights BLT (only doing the nights at the dolphin as we didn't have enough DVC points). When we went to Kennedy we hired a car, so I can't comment on transport there. It was quite a drive to get to.
Happy planning
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I thought about similar split stay last year but having to buy 14 day tickets for both was really expensive so ruled it out in the end. I think I might do two days at Universal if doing both as you can get that length ticket as a more sensible price.

On a previous trip to Universal we stayed onsite and booked a trip to KSC with the hotel when we were there as we didn’t have a car. We also did the afternoon airboat ride on same trip which was really good. It was about 90min drive IIRC.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mum24children
Excited about Disney

Thanks both, the 2 day ticket idea sounds good. Hiring a car is a good idea too. I expect the drive will be fairly easy.
mum24children is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List