Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 May 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PigletsMum
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Hard rock club level... is it worth it?

We have one night booked at hard rock to give us a little 'holiday within a holiday' and of course the all important express passes... but as the title suggests i'm thinking about upgrading to club level - is it worthwhile? And what do you get?

Looking at the website it looks like it's an extra $100 (although whether that is what virgin would charge us remains to be seen but that's what i'm working on at the mo!) And there are four of us (2a 2c).

Any advice very greatfully received 😀 thanks!
PigletsMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We liked it. The rooms are on the top floor. The lounge isn’t big but has a concierge desk to help with queries /bookings etc. The breakfast is good -cereal, pastries. There’s snacks at lunch and crisps in the afternoon. Soft drinks are available all day. Then in the evening for an hour (might be 2) there’s beer and wine available also with small portions of food/starters. If you feel you would benefit from that, it’s worth it. The beer bottles are about $6 each at universal city walks.

Edited at 10:29 PM.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just had a week at HRH Club Level and loved it.

However for one night with two children it’s really down to if you’ll use it to it’s full benefit or not. At $100 it’s not too expensive, couple of beers, wines & breakfast won’t be far off that cost. If you have something to eat early evening in place of your meal then you’re up on the deal.

Got to add that we love the HRH & if we don’t get our AKL booking sorted soon we’ll be changing it to HRH again.

Have a great trip
Old 24 May 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

my answer on another thread...

only been to HRH on club level for about @$100 more you get access to the club lounge, buffet breakfast, evening snack & drinks (incl alcohol) between 17:00-19:00 & cakes deserts later into the evening, there is also water/pop you can snaffle to take into the parks/room etc

assuming there are 4 of you then i'll wager breakfast alone in the hotel is more than $100 or even on citywalk/in the parks?

makes it a no brainer for us, you can head back for a dip mid afternoon, a few snacks and beers then head back out later...

EDIT and we originally booked a normal room & then emailed asking to upgrade, we paid the extra $100/night locally on departure so may not need to book it through virgin

Edited at 03:40 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Mobile

Just looked at this for our booking and concluded no. In our case only 1/3 likely to spend enough time in the hotel to make it worthwhile and would be cheaper just to buy that food and drink. Also for the type of room we were going for it was significantly larger when not on the 7th floor and I figured that benefits 3/3 of us
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We are doing Club at Portofino this year as there are four of us. We intend on having the breakfast each day and the evening food with some cheeky Peronis (not the kids)

It all depends how much you will use it - if only there for one day you might be in the parks all day and only get the breakfast which I don't think would be worth the cost.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I have it booked this August 2 adults 5 teens ( that constantly graze) it has to be worth it in soft drinks and snacks alone, it was about £20 for us to all have a coke last time in universal
Old 24 May 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
I have it booked this August 2 adults 5 teens ( that constantly graze) it has to be worth it in soft drinks and snacks alone, it was about £20 for us to all have a coke last time in universal
It will definitely be worth it. Breakfasts on site are expensive. We made full use of club at RPR both ends of the day, as a family of 5. Enjoy.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've just booked HRH club level for 2 nights in August. Worked out £132 more than we were paying for a standard room, so over 3 days I thought it was worth it. My kids are snackers, and it will be nice to finish up at the parks, go to the club room & have a snack before bed, and a little bit of a wind down rather than just getting straight into bed. I also got £21 cashback so in therory it cost £111.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So here’s my bugbear with HRH club level. We’ve stayed a few times but last time we stayed the lounge opened the same time as the park did for hotel guests, meaning you can’t get your free breakfast and hit the parks for opening. Previous trips it opened about half an hour before park opening. If you get in early enough to grab a quick breakfast it is worth it but if you don’t, then in my mind it’s not worth the extra. This was summer 2015 so it’s maybe changed since.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List