Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 May 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Can we change from WDW to Disneyland?!

This is a strange one but wanted to get some feedback on this please...

We are a Star Wars mad family already booked for a week at CBR for Oct 19th 2019 followed by a cruise with MSC around the Carribean on the 2nd week of our hols.

I just heard the news about the opening date for Galaxy's Edge being 'late fall' 2019. I'm worried we will miss out and can't afford to go again anytime soon so I am considering cancelling our booking and instead flying to California as it will already be open.

Would I lose my £200 deposit if I contacted Disney and told them I wanted to buy a 5 day pass for Disneyland instead?

Thank you for any feedback
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Disney UK don't sell Disneyland California tickets but good luck if you decide to try.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Disney UK don't sell Disneyland California tickets but good luck if you decide to try.
I’ve never understood why they don’t! We went last year and the options for purchasing DL tickets compared to WDW are poor.

I think there was someone on TA who bought WDW tickets by mistake (they wanted DL) and Disney sorted it for them.

Bear in mind though the maximum number of days you can buy is 5. If you want more days you need to buy extra days or another multiple day ticket. Or splurge on an annual pass.

Also, at DL there is no FP+ and there are an estimated 1m annual pass holders in the LA area. We were stunned how busy the weekends and evenings get when the locals pop down for a few hours. The security queues were something to behold. This means when Galaxys Edge opens it will be madness, I suspect capacity in the early days. Remember how busy Pandora was in its early days!

If GE opens while you are there or just before then good luck.

We are booked for 30 Nov next year and part of me hopes WDW version is open by then but another part hopes not. If it does open in time it will increase crowds hugely, especially at HS, and I’m not sure I’m looking forward to that!
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List