Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Feb 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Meals on Virgin

I wondered whether anyone has flown recently who is Pescatarian?

We are flying Economy and PE and trying to decide what option to pick. Usually find Asian Vegetarian tends to be better on flights but what's the best choice for Virgin..

Edited at 09:43 PM.
Jakey Neverland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m also pescatarian and will be interested to learn what’s on offer currently.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

I'm pescatarian but chose lacto vege, the thai green curry was 🤢 do they do different meals for each diet ? I thought it was one offering to cover as many requirements as possible, so any veges, vegans, pescatarian etc would all get the same meal.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Kind of off topic but ds travelled yesterday on United and ordered (and paid for as they were hand luggage only) vegan meals and they told them once they started serving that they haven’t had vegan meals since covid started!
All they had for 8 hours were almonds, salad and a bread roll.
Least he knew for their connecting flight and then the 2 on the way home but still..
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 22, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Kind of off topic but ds travelled yesterday on United and ordered (and paid for as they were hand luggage only) vegan meals and they told them once they started serving that they haven’t had vegan meals since covid started!
All they had for 8 hours were almonds, salad and a bread roll.
Least he knew for their connecting flight and then the 2 on the way home but still..
Hi SA, VS, and I believe BA, stopped serving bread rolls. After we couldn't eat the menu offering I said I'd have a bread roll and banana, I thought they were kidding when they said no bread rolls, but then she added they had no bananas either, no joke.
Old 4 Feb 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi SA, VS, and I believe BA, stopped serving bread rolls. After we couldn't eat the menu offering I said I'd have a bread roll and banana, I thought they were kidding when they said no bread rolls, but then she added they had no bananas either, no joke.
Ridiculous!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Ridiculous!
It reminded me of a news article in 1987 when Robert Crandall, the head of American Airlines at the time, calculated if they removed just one olive from every salad served to passengers, nobody would notice and the airline would save $100,000 a year... brings a new dimension to bean counters

So, in that context it's likely VS/BA may save significantly by removing bread rolls... wonder if the pandemic will be blamed for that decision!
Old 4 Feb 22, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
It reminded me of a news article in 1987 when Robert Crandall, the head of American Airlines at the time, calculated if they removed just one olive from every salad served to passengers, nobody would notice and the airline would save $100,000 a year... brings a new dimension to bean counters

So, in that context it's likely VS/BA may save significantly by removing bread rolls... wonder if the pandemic will be blamed for that decision!
Oh you can bet your cob it will be! It’s been a very handy scapegoat for the last few years 😆
Old 4 Feb 22, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Travelled LHR-Mia on 12th Nov, gave benefit of doubt as flights hadn't long recommenced and thought catering may not be on spec, but UC food was poor (neither meals eaten, in fact afternoon tea was inedible). Our travelling companion said economy food was poor, luckily we'd all eaten a quality Clubhouse breakfast. Definitely smacked of VS cutting catering corners. Dibbers have spoken about their catering experiences with other airlines.

I'd recommend taking food onboard, as we'll be doing when we return in May.
Old 4 Feb 22, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re flying Virgin in June and I need to book one vegan meal. I’ve tried on-line but it’s not accepting it. Does anyone know if there’s a problem or it is just too soon for June?
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List