Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Apr 15, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Snakes. Even typing the word makes my skin crawl. We may be staying in a villa next year, and I'm really worried. I read a trip report and there was a snake in the pool!😱
This is my dads fear and I don't blame him as when he was much younger he was a Gardener and was doing some weeding at a convent and was bitten by an Adder! Put him in hospital poor bloke
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
lauramcfc
Imagineer

Mine too is snakes , can't even look at a picture . that airwaves ad did my head in had to look away during each commercial break , not been on for a bit and at least I now know the music at the beginning to duck lol.
Old 1 Apr 15, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

My phobia is FROGS

It started in Florida around 15 yrs ago when I had one swimming next to me in the villa pool
then a few yrs later I touched one by accident again in Florida-it was hiding behind the garage touch key pad and popped up as I was keying the number in.
Its gotten worse over the yrs, now in the summer we have one or two come into our back garden, which really freaks me out, and I have no idea where they come from
Old 1 Apr 15, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 19

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 134
This is going to sound super stupid.

ONIONS

Yes, I'm scared of onions, eating onions, touching onions, white, red, spring, shallots...

And I work in a supermarket so constantly have to stock said onions and serve them to people on the till (I have to put a bag on my hand just to touch them). On one of my first days in one store I dropped a jar of pickled onions and then had to explain to someone my phobia as I couldn't even clean them up myself!
Jen xx
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Yes, dogs! I'm absolutely petrified of them. Over the years I've managed to cope to a degree if they're on leads and I can avoid getting too close but if I see any that are off the lead, I have an anxiety attack. I means I never visit relatives or friends who have dogs and I don't go to parks 'just in case'. Shopping is the biggest problem, so many people wander around our town with dogs that I'm forever darting in to shops to avoid them. Yes, it does affect my life quite a bit. My daughter is leaving home and one of the first things she wants to do is get a dog. It breaks my heart because I know I could never visit her without making myself ill.
Old 1 Apr 15, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
My phobia is FROGS

It started in Florida around 15 yrs ago when I had one swimming next to me in the villa pool
then a few yrs later I touched one by accident again in Florida-it was hiding behind the garage touch key pad and popped up as I was keying the number in.
Its gotten worse over the yrs, now in the summer we have one or two come into our back garden, which really freaks me out, and I have no idea where they come from
You're would've freaked right out then at what happened to ds while we were in Florida one year ! A huge frog was on a hotel door and as we were all looking at it , it jumped right on to DS's face and stayed stuck to his cheek for a good minute! How he isn't scared of them now I don't know ..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Snakes! Everything about them! A story my manager told me about left me sleepless for nearly two weeks with the thought of waking up to a snake lying next to me! I always have a vision of finding them either in the toilet or coming up the toilet! I ran so fast when we saw one in the lake near universal!

I don't like frogs either! The unpredictability of where they are going to jump! Last time it happened to be my sisters head returning to the villa when it jumped off the wall onto her bun! Oh how I laughed! I wouldn't of found it remotely funny it it would of been me!

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstya1973
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

kirstya1973's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I am too Claustrophobic with the added phobia of Agoraphobia so to sum it up I am petrified of small enclosed spaces and crowds in open spaces..weird

I am able to go in a lift as long as it is glass so that I and the world can see should it get stuck. I cannot sit in the back of a car that has no doors. I cannot sit by the window or in the middle seat on a plane. I like others struggle with hotels and when I went to New York in 2006, it took a long time to find a suitable hotel. My issues are becoming increasingly worse as I have now been diagnosed with Arthritis in both my knees and I struggle with stairs (I am only 41 so slightly aggrieved by this). I have been like this since I was a baby and have even tried to have therapy to help to no avail.

My family and friends are very understanding although strangers sometimes look at me like I am an alien...
Amerisuites Oct 2004, Enclaves Feb 2006, Bahama Bay Feb 2007, Mike Ditka Oct 2008, Floridays Oct 2009, Floridays May 2011, Tampa Oct 2011, Bahama Bay Oct 2013, Sheraton Vistana Resort Jul 2015, Rosen Inn @ Pointe May 2016. Holiday Inn Vacations Orange Lake Nov 2017. Texas & Florida roadtrip April 2018. Florida & New York Sep 2019, Florida Mar 2020 (NOT) Florida Sep 2020 (NOT) April 2021(NOT) October 2022
kirstya1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shauney View Post
Not me but my niece is terrified of people wearing costumes and has been forever - masklophobia.

She is now 17 and if she sees anybody dressed up in a full body suit she will take flight where possible or just dissolve into a crying wreck if there is no escape route for her
One of DS's friends was like this - it was always a bit of a problem if they had to dress up at school. He's 15 now and I'm pretty sure he still has a problem with it.

For me it's bees and wasps, although wasps more so. I'm absolutely terrified of them and it just sends a shiver through me if I hear one buzz past me. Years ago, when I lived in a flat on my own, I had to get my Dad to come up and get rid of a big bee out of the bedroom
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Mine are fish... fine when they are in water, but when they are out and flapping and gasping for air. Urgh.
1 of my tank fish died and had to ring my sis in law to come and get it out. Couldnt stay in the house knowing it was floating in there.
Not keen on flying things either...birds (especially pigeons) and moths/butterflies. Not a phobia as such but do walk on the other side of the road if I see a pigeon!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread