Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Oct 15, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 19

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 134
For my birthday we did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in Magic Kingdom. It was very interesting and went quite in depth. The issue I had was that it didn't quite live up to the hype I was expecting.
Then in the evening we went for dinner at Kona. There were 5 of us and we agreed to meet outside Magic Kingdom to catch the monorail...We were waiting for a monorail 45 minutes before our reservation but we were still an hour late for dinner. It was the day the monorail broke down and we had to catch the boat, with everyone else leaving Magic Kingdom for the day as it closed at 7 as it was a party night! After dinner the plan was to go to Epcot and watch the fireworks but it had been a long hot evening and one of us had an upset stomach from dinner, we went back to our hotel and slept!
Basically one big disappointment!

For my partner's birthday we went to his favourite park (Hollywood Studios) and then had dinner at 'Ohana (with cake too!) we then watched the fireworks from the Poly beach, which I totally had organised just for him It was a much better day and he loved it.

Jen xx
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 15, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Luckily I spent my last two birthdays in Orlando (December).
Two years ago we (wife and 2yr old son) went to see the Tampa bay bucs play in Tampa, and last year Orlando Magic were playing in Orlando on my actual birthday. Both awesome if you get the chance to see a sporting event...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 15, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
thealienwarrior
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have my birthday next year when we are there. I've already told OH what I want to do. We are going to have a lazy breakfast then make our way to Epcot as it is my all time favourite park. We are going to book an ADR for Biergarten in the evening and then watch the fireworks. OH has never been to Florida so wouldn't know what to suggest for me. I have asked my Mum if she can let him know it would be a nice surprise if he gets me a cake or something on the day...
thealienwarrior is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 15, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh wow such fab memories ideas and celerations x x Thanks everyone for posting, going to look at some of the places suggested in detail and try and decide lol

Liz x
Old 1 Nov 15, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

How about one of the Disney tours - keys to the kingdom (it is very long) or sure there's lots of others.

We spend my DH 33rd birthday at aquatica
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 15, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lollm
Trading Disney Pins

We did dine with shamu brilliant
Lollm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 15, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post

We are going next May and I will be celebrating my 43rd Birthday, I have been desperate to see a Cirque De Soleil show and it is gonna be my birthday treat Not that being in Florida itself is not treat enough
Old 2 Nov 15, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks All I've booked in to Beaches and Cream for lunch, is there anything in the area that could be recommended ?
for example can we use the facilities at Disney's Beach Club Resort ?

I've looked at hoop dee do but need to speak with my dad as its quiet expensive, also DH wont be able to have drink, as we are in the villa so will have the hire car :/

Thanks for everyone's input in this thread I really appreciate your posts x x
Old 3 Nov 15, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Last time I was there on my bday it was mardis gras, so we went down there to the free concert and saw bare naked ladies, they were brilliant and it was a great evening.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 15, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Julmops
Excited about Disney

In 2013, for my 39th birthday, we spent the day at Discovery Cove and we had a meal at Roy's in the evening ...
One of the best memories of any birthdays I've had !
Julmops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread