Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

If you can hang on till bank holiday Virgin holidays will usually have a sale on and you should get it for the price it once was or cheaper

It’s all just luck though
Old 27 Mar 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I have read recently that Tuesday used to be the day to book a flight (and let's face it that is really what changes the price) but now it is Sunday as there are less bookings due to most places not working on a Sunday and so business bookings and some shop bookings are not happening on that day. How true this is I don't know but I found Sundays were certainly cheaper when booking with BA.
Old 27 Mar 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

We saved £1000 by waiting and watching the prices.
We found that the sales weren't really sale prices and a few weeks after the sale it was the cheapest we'd seen it so booked there and then.
So I'd just keep looking if I was you

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
I have read recently that Tuesday used to be the day to book a flight (and let's face it that is really what changes the price) but now it is Sunday as there are less bookings due to most places not working on a Sunday and so business bookings and some shop bookings are not happening on that day. How true this is I don't know but I found Sundays were certainly cheaper when booking with BA.
Its tuesday for Virgin holidays at the moment that seem to be coming out cheapest
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

I have found it can also vary by the way you search. Have booked for our family to go to Canada this Easter. When I did a holiday search and then selected the hotel it was more expensive than when I searched for the hotel first and then did a booking request. Same flights and hotel, but different prices
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 19

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 134
Email your closest VH store and see if you can get someone to do some discount on it! You can ask a person but you can't ask a computer!
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
empy22
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Thank you all for your tips and experiences, I’m currently debating the fact the currently there are seats available that we’d want and to upgrade would cost a lot more than the extra £200, hmmm.
The holiday is significantly cheaper than all other TA’s/providers including me doing it DIY- can’t get a villa and direct flights for less, it’s weird that VH would be cheaper I know.
Old 28 Mar 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BigPetesWife View Post
I have found it can also vary by the way you search. Have booked for our family to go to Canada this Easter. When I did a holiday search and then selected the hotel it was more expensive than when I searched for the hotel first and then did a booking request. Same flights and hotel, but different prices
Ah we found this, literally saved hundreds by changing the outbound route before the inbound. It is all mad!
Old 29 Mar 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneynb
Proud to wear my Ears

We had this last year, for May this year, in the end I got a quote from charter travel, they asked how much we had been looking for, I said £7k- they came back with a quote for £7k - and then I web chatted virgin and they price matched it 😃 all very easy and quick- wish I had said lower now lol! But I will say the price did go down again a few weeks later, but I was concerned as it kept fluctuating and I knew what we were happy paying x
Disneynb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by martyn7836 View Post
Happened with me last year then I tried it at work and found it to be cheaper. Found out sometimes your cookies on the computer can make it go up🙄. May be best to try delete the history and cookies or try it from a different device not linked to the one you been checking with already. It’s a long shot but it worked for me and I’ve read about his before on here.
That isn't always the case. I booked Virgin flights PE, for this September. Have been keeping an eye out for cheap upgrades to UC and managed to get them a lot cheaper the last few weeks than the previous few weeks. A month or so ago a one way upgrade was £1765 inbound and over £2000 oubound. A week or so later I got an upgrade for the inbound flight for £250 and last weekend I got an upgrade for the outbound flight for £283. I use the same device all the time (my laptop) and haven't deleted history and cookies since I bought it a couple of years ago.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List