Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’ve been caravanning for years. We had a real old one years ago, then a folding camper, at that time we inherited my parents van and after they passed we part exchanged it for a fixed bed. We just part exed again for an island bed, I am done with climbing over hubby to go to the loo in the night! I predict that within a couple of months there will be loads on the market as lots of ‘let’s try it because we can’t go abroad’ people decide to sell because it’s not for them. You might find something with fixed bunks is ideal. Depending when you passed your test is also a factor for towing although the rules are changing very soon I believe.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Thanks for all the replies and advice, so much appreciated.

We're caught between live now just do it and waiting for next season when maybe more options become available. Cheapest I'm seeing for a used 4 berth is typically 8 or 9k! Not sure if that's on the mark or inflated.

Tough one but leaning towards holding off for the new year or Easter and making the most of it over the summer months next year.
How old would that caravan be ? The problem with waiting until Spring is campsites will be booked up and chances are you won’t get a pitch for Easter. We have sold vans in the Autumn to save winter servicing costs and storage fees for that winter. I think a lot of people sell at the end of a season. Personally I think looking at Easter is too late.
People deciding caravanning isn’t for them will do so at the end of a season. People buying brand new will sell Autumn ready for their new one being delivered in Spring.

I regularly look trying to convince husband to buy another one. New is around £20/25000.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
How old would that caravan be ? The problem with waiting until Spring is campsites will be booked up and chances are you won’t get a pitch for Easter. We have sold vans in the Autumn to save winter servicing costs and storage fees for that winter. I think a lot of people sell at the end of a season. Personally I think looking at Easter is too late.
People deciding caravanning isn’t for them will do so at the end of a season. People buying brand new will sell Autumn ready for their new one being delivered in Spring.

I regularly look trying to convince husband to buy another one. New is around £20/25000.
Great insight thank you. The caravan is a Swift Oronsay Charisma 2006
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I have to say my parents loved caravanning right up until a the year before my Dad died they would tow their van to Spain for the winter it had to be one of the happiest times of their lives.

We had a static and loved it and will probably buy another at some point but cant quite decide where, I want France my wife wants inland countryside. However you would not get me in a touring van for anything cramped and horrible, love camping hate caravans.
Also love statics and have never attempted touring before. But yeah the space concerns me a little, some of the vans I've seen look very tight and I know how on top of each other the 4 of us can feel in a Premier inn for a few nights...so not sure if that's a good indicator!
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

We don’t feel cramped in our van, especially if you put up an awning. Caravanning is all about spending time in the great outdoors. Kids love being out on their bikes or playing at the playground. If you think you’ll get use of it at weekends etc between now and next Easter, I’d suggest you start looking now. Vans usually (pre-Covid times) are cheaper autumn/winter as people don’t want to pay to store their van if they are planning to sell.