Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Feb 22, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Interesting on V&A, they certainly have the Michelin* airs and graces what with the water menu but it wouldn't surprise me if the food could suffer from Disney's love of the biggest possible profit margin on almost everything! WL was amazing, Geyser Point especially (although the ipad clipboarders responsible for seating people at the tables need to chill out ) Where was your NY meal?
I reread my 2018 post on the V&A and could still feel the disappointment coming through in it! I prefer my fine dining with a more casual edge, it’s about the food not whether someone is wearing the right tie; my husband still resents that i made him lug a suit all the way to Florida.

I ate at the Gramercy Tavern in 2018 and again this week, when it was just as good - I just posted about this week’s meal in other trip reports - maybe the forum for you to consider for the non WDW trips you mention in future?
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
I reread my 2018 post on the V&A and could still feel the disappointment coming through in it! I prefer my fine dining with a more casual edge, it’s about the food not whether someone is wearing the right tie; my husband still resents that i made him lug a suit all the way to Florida.

I ate at the Gramercy Tavern in 2018 and again this week, when it was just as good - I just posted about this week’s meal in other trip reports - maybe the forum for you to consider for the non WDW trips you mention in future?
Gramercy sounds good, I've been to New York but never eaten there. Hate it when you build a meal up so much and it disappoints which sounds like your V&A experience. I will check your report out 😃
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 07:56 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Absolutely brilliant report… you can tell by the time I’m writing this that I’ve just spent a good couple of hours binge reading the whole thing!

I definitely need to make it to Geyser Point this year. Love the look of the burger.

Narcoosees looked fab as usual. Your gnocchi meal looked so good. It had actually fallen off my list for this year as they’ve taken my favourite dish off the menu but I think it might have just snuck back on.

Homecomin again living up to expectations. Might have to try our their brunch!

We spotted a few people having those sliders at the Boathouse when we were there last year. I think we will have to give them a whirl this year! They look great.

Crew Cup lounge also looked good. Love that you got the Yachtsman bread in there!

PS I might have to steal the idea of creating your dream 3 course meal as part of the awards for my next report
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great round up some really good food and drink consumed

Joan
Old 21 Feb 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Thanks for a great report and fab round up!

I really need that Steakhouse 71 fishbowl cocktail and the cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Trying to jiggle my plans to fit them in
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great round up CMG and great to hear your thoughts about the Disney genie, extra hours and lightning lanes.
Still trying to decide if we stick with our 8 days at Disney in the summer or dump it for something cheaper and more chilled.
Old 22 Feb 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Absolutely brilliant report… you can tell by the time I’m writing this that I’ve just spent a good couple of hours binge reading the whole thing!

I definitely need to make it to Geyser Point this year. Love the look of the burger.

Narcoosees looked fab as usual. Your gnocchi meal looked so good. It had actually fallen off my list for this year as they’ve taken my favourite dish off the menu but I think it might have just snuck back on.

Homecomin again living up to expectations. Might have to try our their brunch!

We spotted a few people having those sliders at the Boathouse when we were there last year. I think we will have to give them a whirl this year! They look great.

Crew Cup lounge also looked good. Love that you got the Yachtsman bread in there!

PS I might have to steal the idea of creating your dream 3 course meal as part of the awards for my next report
Geyser Point has to be the ultimate Disney pool bar, even if you can't really see the pool from it who cares! And I love Narcoossee's so often seems to get forgotten, even better now you can have a pre drink in Enchannted Rose on the way

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great round up some really good food and drink consumed

Joan
Thanks, it was a hardship trying all that food and drink but we managed it

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Thanks for a great report and fab round up!

I really need that Steakhouse 71 fishbowl cocktail and the cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Trying to jiggle my plans to fit them in
The fishbowl, if you enjoy a Tequila Sunrise you have to try that. Just be prepared for people to point at you if they see you soloing it

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great round up CMG and great to hear your thoughts about the Disney genie, extra hours and lightning lanes.
Still trying to decide if we stick with our 8 days at Disney in the summer or dump it for something cheaper and more chilled.
Thank you, enjoyed your write-up too - another short but sweet trip Think if I was rebooking I'd be either going for the cheaper option like you say or looking to save a bit at the almost on property hotels like the Swolphin (including the new Swan Reserve) or the Bonnet Creek Hilton if we could get a good price Other destinations are available - just whisper it on here
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Geyser Point has to be the ultimate Disney pool bar, even if you can't really see the pool from it who cares! And I love Narcoossee's so often seems to get forgotten, even better now you can have a pre drink in Enchannted Rose on the way

Thanks, it was a hardship trying all that food and drink but we managed it

The fishbowl, if you enjoy a Tequila Sunrise you have to try that. Just be prepared for people to point at you if they see you soloing it

Thank you, enjoyed your write-up too - another short but sweet trip Think if I was rebooking I'd be either going for the cheaper option like you say or looking to save a bit at the almost on property hotels like the Swolphin (including the new Swan Reserve) or the Bonnet Creek Hilton if we could get a good price Other destinations are available - just whisper it on here
I’ll assume it’s just stares and pointing of envy 😜 no stranger to odd looks as a solo traveller
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
I’ll assume it’s just stares and pointing of envy 😜 no stranger to odd looks as a solo traveller
Absolutely I'll admit to usually being terrible in those situations but the bar seems to be the best place to stick to - the service gets better there after a bit of a chat (and the odd fishbowl helps)
Old 22 Feb 22, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've loved reading along and your highlights are great! I'm so looking forward to checking into Wilderness Lodge and I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay there. I will look out for the bar blockers inside and perhaps stick to Geyser Point.

Interesting to see your perfect meal putting together your fave starters, mains and puddings. What a fabulous meal that would be.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

A x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List