Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Mar 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear that you haven’t been well but it sounds like things are on the up now.

I had to blush at your experience with sharing the Disney's Hollywood Studios 50th Celebration Sandwich and finding it too big. I ate one on my own and almost felt like another for me the pb&j element was great but I wasn’t so keen on the Nutella in the middle. Just goes to show how different we all are!

Good work sticking to the budget
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
So sorry to hear that you haven’t been well but it sounds like things are on the up now.

I had to blush at your experience with sharing the Disney's Hollywood Studios 50th Celebration Sandwich and finding it too big. I ate one on my own and almost felt like another for me the pb&j element was great but I wasn’t so keen on the Nutella in the middle. Just goes to show how different we all are!

Good work sticking to the budget
Thanks for catching up!

Oh please don't, pre-op I'd have downed that thing in one almost but I obviously can't eat as much anymore but I seem to have lost my sweet tooth, I have a much more savoury one now.

You see this is exactly why everyone should try things once, because everyone's tastes are so different and what one person likes another may not, it's all trial and error. Little spoiler but we tried the spring rolls again this time and we enjoyed them so much more, so glad we gave those a second chance x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Love the raspberry/lemon cheesecake, so looking forward to going there again! Isn't there anew Cheesecake Factory store closer to Disney now, rather than going to M of M?
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Love the raspberry/lemon cheesecake, so looking forward to going there again! Isn't there anew Cheesecake Factory store closer to Disney now, rather than going to M of M?
Yes there is, it's not far from Disney at all. We went to the Mall at Millenia one as Chris had to pick up a gift he'd ordered for me, for our 10th Wedding Anniversary <3 I'll pop the details of that in the full trip report X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Isn't there anew Cheesecake Factory store closer to Disney now, rather than going to M of M?
Yeah, it's at

The Cheesecake Factory, 11602 Regency Village Dr, Orlando, FL 32821,

Four and a bit miles from Disney Springs, it's near the back entrance to Orlando Premium Outlets at Vineland.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 22, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 6 - Villa Breakfast, Restaurantosaurus and Taco Bell

Day 6 - Villa Breakfast, Restaurantosaurus Lunch, Taco Bell and Villa Dinner

Breakfast

We decided to grab breakfast in the villa this morning, the kids had cereal/pop tarts then I made pancakes, bacon and eggs! So tasty and filling.

Mine and what I managed:

I will try and do a Walmart costing at the end of the report as we did have quite a few breakfasts/meals in the villa which obviously helped to keep costs down, but we also bought alot of other stuff, such as snacks, cleaning products, gifts for home etc so it might be hard to gauge!

Lunch

I consulted my snack/meal list and seen that I had lunch suggestions for Restaurantosaurus. So Chris and I shared Walt’s Main Street Fried Chicken Sandwich – served with French Fries - $11.29

This was actually really tasty, I’m not usually a huge chicken sandwich lover but it was so good! I wished I could have ate more If you haven’t tried it yet, definitely give it a go.

Total with tax was - $12.02

The kids had sandwiches/lunchables and snacks.

Snack

I consulted my snack list again and see the 50th Anniversary Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from Dino Snacks Bites so obviously had to get it Well as with most things in Orlando …. This … Was … HUGE! We totally underestimated how big it would be, having just ate lunch I knew we were going to struggle … but you know, have to get it in for the Dibb food report!

It tasted just as nice as it looked! Chris and I managed about half between us, the parky kids refused to have any of it, sadly the rest was binned as we just couldn’t physically eat anymore and the ice cream was melting fast! Next time I’d make sure we hadn’t just eaten if we got one

In total this was $7.76 with tax

We also grabbed a popcorn bucket refill - $2.39 with tax

Snacks

As we were walking past Starbucks I noticed the line wasn’t very busy at all so of course had to run in and grab up some cheeky Starbucks We got:

Chocolate Chip Frappe

Strawberry Acai

This total came to $11.27

Dinner

Tonight on our list was Taco Bell. We had one not far from the villa so decided to call on our way back for a take-out. Chris and I went a little mad in here having never been to a Taco Bell before Now I can’t find the receipt for this so please bare with as I might have named some of these items incorrect, thankfully we have the transaction on Chris’s Revolut.

Crunchy Chicken Taco, Soft Chicken Taco, Steak and Cheese and a Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla, Nachos with Cheese Sauce, a cheese roll up and a coke

In total this was $19.47

Personally I found it all a little too spicy for me, I’m a total wimp when it comes to spice so I didn’t enjoy it much, but Chris really enjoyed it, but we 100% over ordered Chris was picking at the food for most of the night.
Obviously there’s no way the kids would eat this so they’d asked for pizza and pasta which I made when we got back to the villa. They ate al fresco outside after they’d been in the pool, sadly I only have pics from when they’d already dug in

Day 6 Total: $52.91
Total So Far: $623.78

Budget: $96.22 under budget

Old 27 Mar 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying your report, hope you are feeling ok. It’s so nice to see a food report with a budget again, we try not to spend too much on food and it’s really helpful to see different affordable options, thank you for taking the time to do your report.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 22, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Need to take you with me to stick to the budget! Love this
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Day 3 – Sleepy Hollow, Cosmic Rays and T-REX

Breakfast

I knew what I wanted for breakfast today and I was so looking forward to trying the food from Sleepy Hollow. I completely forgot all about setting up for mobile ordering so I waited in the queue and set it up whilst I was in there. Caitlin and I waited around 10 minutes to order which wasn’t too bad. We ordered:

Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich Served with Stawberries, Bananas, Blueberries, Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread - $8.49

Mickey-shaped Waffle with Strawberries and Powdered Sugar Served with Strawberries and Whipped Cream - $7.49

Obviously there had to be a mickey waffle! We all shared these and really enjoyed them, so warm and tasty. We would definitely order these again, such a great breakfast option and fab for sharing too.

The total bill came to $17.02

Snacks

We grabbed a refillable popcorn bucket. With one of these it costs just $2.25 for refills which is great.

This cost $18.25

Lunch

I managed to snag a mobile order slot for Cosmic Rays. There were a couple of things on the snack list we wanted to try. We ordered:

Mission to Mars Burger topped with Bacon and Macaroni & Cheese served on a Bun dusted with Crushed Cheese-flavored Puffs and served with French Fries - $12.99

Chicken Strips (2 Strips) Served with choice of two Sides and choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Bottled Water - $7.99

The total for this was $22.34

We choose 2 sides of apple slices and a milk with the kids meal and Noah had those with his lunchable. Caitlin and Thomas had their lunchable too and a each tried a some of the chicken tenders. They were lovely and crispy, just as we remembered them. I had 1 bite then Chris and I halved the burger. We thought the burger was tasty but the bun very dry. Chris also wasn’t keen on the Cheetos on the top of the bun, so a bit of a mixed review on this one, Chris and the boys finished off the fries, I tried one and it was hot and crispy, not soggy.

Snacks

We stopped at Storybook Treats to share some icecreams. We got:

Snow White Cone DOLE Whip® Lemon, Blue Cone, Chocolate Bird, and Sugar Bow - $6.49

They also had the 7 dwarves speciality cones and todays was the Doc cone, I couldn’t see the description properly because of the sun but I thought it said toffee ice cream … turns out it was coffee Sadly I didn’t get a pic of the description. This was $5.99

The total was $13.29

We enjoyed the cones, although I wasn't as keen on the coffee one, but Noah seemed to love this one. They melted very quickly as it was fairly warm!

On the way out the park we popped to Main Street Confectionary and grabbed some snacks to take home. We got the Minnie and Mickey rice krispie treats and the 50th anniversary cookie pie. I’m not sure on individual prices were.

The total came to $18.61

Upon leaving the kids wanted to refill the popcorn bucket - $2.25

Dinner

This was Thomas’s choice for his birthday. We didn’t have a table booked but we used our Landry’s card to request a table. I overheard people requesting tables and they were being quoted 1 ½ hours plus! We were told around 30 minutes so popped into Uniqlo to have a look around, within 5 minutes I had a text to say the table was ready! So off we went.

Caitlin ordered the kid’s pepperoni pizza with apple slices - $10.99 she also got a full sized Dr Pepper - $4.29

Thomas got the kids mac n cheese with fries - $10.99

Noah got the fettucine pasta, plain with apple slices - $10.99

I ordered the small Caesar salad - $9.99 and what I managed to eat

Chris ordered the chicken sandwich - $19.99 and a coke - $4.29

In total this came to just over $70 but we both had our welcome rewards on our Landry’s card so we split the bills and got $50 off. As we’d used the Landry’s card the manager also visited our table and checked everything was ok.

We all actually enjoyed the food in here, very similar to other offsite places. The atmosphere was great and the kids loved the meteor shower, I think this was one of my favourite Caesar salads and almost the perfect size for me too as it was a side plate, which is what I use at home

Total price after discounts and including tip - $37.93

Day 3 Total: $129.69
Total So Far: $363.45
Budget: $3.45 over budget
What another great day Kelly, the mobile food ordering will be a first for me next trip , so many changes
I’m not really an ice cream girl but the Snow White one is so cute I think it may me on my wish list 😂
Thanks for another great day x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Loving your report and really enjoying the price breakdown - we’re not going offsite so it’s nice to be prepared to be bankrupted

That 50th anniversary ice cream sandwich looks amazing. The Cheeto burger…I’m partly revolted, partly tempted!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List