Old 1 Jun 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We Love Food! - Day 13 - Wed 25th May 2022 - Bob Evans & Miller's Ale House

We Love Food! An offsite dining report - May 2022

Day 13 - Wednesday 25th May 2022

Bob Evans & Miller’s Ale House

This was our last full day, and we were going to spend it chilling out by our pool, mixed in with a little bit of packing. First though, there was the small matter of breakfast to be dealt with. We decided to go back to Bob Evans, as it’s always a favourite of ours, but this time we went down to the one opposite Posner Park on the US27 instead.

Bob Evans, US27 opp. Posner Park

We like this Bob Evans best, it always seems just a little bit cleaner, although the other’s we’ve been to are clean too. Maybe because it’s newer than the one on the US192. It was relatively quiet when we arrived here and we were seated right away and brought menus. As always, we had coffee to start.

We both chose the same as we had last time, but mixed up the options a bit. Neil went with the Rise & Shine breakfast, with the options of bacon, home fries and the banana nut bread, which he loved last time so had to have again.

I went with my old favourite, the Farmer’s Choice, with ham, home fries, and french toast this time instead of pancakes.

No complaints here at all. The food was very good, service was probably a little slower than previous years, but we weren’t in a hurry, so no issues there. $26.49 + tip.

After a day chilling at the poolside, we decided on Miller’s Ale House for dinner.

Miller’s Ale House, Champions Gate

We went to our closest Miller’s at Champions Gate because, well, it was closest! It was still quite early, around 5.30pm, I think, and fairly quiet so we got seated with no wait. By the time we were finished, there were quite a lot of people waiting, so well worth having dinner a little early if you don’t like waiting around.

We started with the usual menus and drinks… Coke for me, and Angry Orchard cider for Neil.

We had a coupon for a free starter (no issues here, unlike in other places! - it was taken off of our bill without us even having to remind the server). So we ordered the Zingers (chicken tenders), tossed in Sweet Thai Chilli sauce and served with a dip, to share. These were so good, we really enjoyed them and they were gone in minutes!

Waiting patiently!

I chose the Fettuccine Alfredo, and added chicken, which was served with garlic bread. I really liked this meal, the sauce was lovely and creamy but it was too rich for me to finish.

Neil had the combo fajitas, which comes with both chicken and beef and he really enjoyed this too. He had a second cider also.

We were far too full after this to contemplate a dessert, so we settled up $55.42 + tip and headed home. For some reason, Miller’s is always quite far down our list of places to eat when on holiday here, but every time we really like it, so we’ve decided it shouldn’t be a last minute choice anymore!

Total food spend today $81.91 + tips

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Millers is a must for us in Florida, zingers are the best but I also love the 35 shrimp 🍤 plate even though it defeats me every time
Great breakfast again too
Thanks xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Never been to Miller’s but it seems to be a favourite on the DIBB
Food looked good
Another one to add to the list, it’s getting long now 😂😂

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Millers is a must for us in Florida, zingers are the best but I also love the 35 shrimp 🍤 plate even though it defeats me every time
Great breakfast again too
Thanks xx
We don't eat shrimp, but we really enjoyed the zingers. Yes, another good breakfast at Bob's

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Never been to Miller’s but it seems to be a favourite on the DIBB
Food looked good
Another one to add to the list, it’s getting long now 😂😂
I think Miller's is definitely worth adding to your list. There are so many nice places to eat out there now, and more opening by the minute, it seems. We didn't make it round all of the new places we wanted to try this time, so we'll just have to go back

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow the fajitas Neil had looked very tasty, lots of chicken and beef. We've never been to Miller's but I know it's a favourite on here, we have got to get round to it someday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 22, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow the fajitas Neil had looked very tasty, lots of chicken and beef. We've never been to Miller's but I know it's a favourite on here, we have got to get round to it someday.
Neil said the fajitas were really good. I think you should definitely add it to your "off-site" list. And we must stop leaving it as a last ditch choice - it deserves a firm spot on the "must-do's".

Old 6 Jun 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some lovely food Bob Evans at Posner is one of our breakfast stops always good 👍

Joan
Old 6 Jun 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Some lovely food Bob Evans at Posner is one of our breakfast stops always good 👍

Joan
Yes, it was a good food day today. It’s nice when you know you can rely on your favourites like Bob Evans. It’s a really nice branch at Posner 😊

Old 7 Jun 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Another good food day, Bob Evans really does need to go on our list next time.

I'm glad you enjoyed Millers too, I think we just had a bad time when we visited so may need to give it a revisit as it does seem to get such good reviews x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Another good food day, Bob Evans really does need to go on our list next time.

I'm glad you enjoyed Millers too, I think we just had a bad time when we visited so may need to give it a revisit as it does seem to get such good reviews x
Oh, you must go to Bob Evans, I’m sure the kids would like it too. I always think it has a calm, homely sort of feel about it.

Millers is quite noisy isn’t it? I think eating early helps though, even in terms of the server not being so rushed. I hope if you try it again you have a good experience as the food is nice.