Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jun 22, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Are there separate lanes at the airport for those that can't manage to queue? The queues at security at MCO can be horrendous, as well as when you arrive. Once we had to queue for nearly 2 hours to get through security at New York.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Are there separate lanes at the airport for those that can't manage to queue? The queues at security at MCO can be horrendous, as well as when you arrive. Once we had to queue for nearly 2 hours to get through security at New York.
I would struggle with that but I don't need assistance. I'm better walking than standing.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Yes and no.

If you need assistance you will get help (wheelchair etc), but you may be directed to join the main queue.

Most times we are directed to the left and go through in a few minutes. In November when we arrived we were in the left queue with the assistance attendant. One of the Border officers shouted at them that they had been told before that only Green Card and US Citizens could use the left lane. The guy was really aggressive, pointed right in my face and asked if I had a Green Card.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

We always get shown to the American citizens line
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I've also noticed this on the FB groups and with certain vloggers who have never used it before! It actually really annoys me. I know they can't but they should be allowed to ask for proof, you need to provide proof in the UK to be able to get disability access passes at Merlin parks, both myself and my youngest have one but we had to provide proof such as diagnosis letter, disabled parking permit, receipt of disability benefits etc.

Morally I could never abuse the system, I start sweating walking past a police officer or security guard even though I've nothing to hide x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Elbee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BIGDENNIS10UK View Post
Emotional support dogs, have we got them in Britain or is mainly an American thing? I’ve never noticed a support dog, unless it was a guide dog tbh.

As for DAS, would my MIL qualify, as she suffers from a terrible back (it has got a medical name, I just can’t remember it?), we just got bd k from Nerja and her back was killing her, just from walking into town and back tbh, she’s been twice before and never used it, but that was 6 and 4 years ago and she’s obviously got older, she wouldn’t want to do the video call, but if it was a problem, could she see someone while there?

She doesn’t do the big, fast rides, so if may not be a problem, but just wondering, if it’s playing her, can she get sone help?
I’m just back from Orlando - I have back issues, so I’m ok to walk for a while but standing for long periods is a huge problem which makes my back scream. I asked about the DAS. They can’t ask you what your condition is, but they ask how they can ‘accommodate’ your needs. I explained about my back, but the cast member said that they could not issue the DAS but that I could hire a wheelchair or ECV and that was how they would accommodate me. I don’t ride the big coasters or anything like that, Barnstormer is a bit of a challenge so I wasn’t trying to get on anything ‘popular’. If there were more places to rest in long lines I would about be ok. I just thanked him for his time. However, I do know people who have the DAS and have said they have social anxiety and can’t queue, but I’m pretty confident on knowing them that it’s not really true. How do I know? They admitted to me it’s because they don’t really want to wait and can’t be bothered to wait. They know they won’t be challenged because they can’t be. If you need it, you need it, it’s unfair to take it if you just can’t be bothered to wait
Elbee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Elbee
VIP Dibber

Our son has Apergers, waiting for 2 hours would be horrendously stressful for him. He has a lanyard - the lovely lady at Virgin check in one time ‘identified’ him as having additional needs so did what she could to help us and suggested the lanyard. She put us on fast track security and he was allowed to board early, if he felt he needed to. However, we also got Global Entry for the USA side which we paid for. That has been so good for him and us - with paying for it in my opinion for us. We are normally straight through or with little wait.
Elbee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
There wasn’t in Heathrow Sunday morning , it was chaos in T3..

The line was huge, people must have been in it for hours. Fortunately everyone with a under 12 was able to go to a separate queue and we were done in minutes,

I don’t know if it changed later on (this was 7.30am) but they weren’t moving those with disabilities through to the quicker line ..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
As for the DAS it most definitely is abused , read all the various fb groups and you can see it is ..

Service dogs is another thing that’s abused. In March i was at a event , and we had access to a suite . In there was a chihuahua cross thing. , with a service vest on ..no way was that dog a service dog , it literally barked and snarled at anyone who went near it .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Elbee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
As for the DAS it most definitely is abused , read all the various fb groups and you can see it is ..

Service dogs is another thing that’s abused. In March i was at a event , and we had access to a suite . In there was a chihuahua cross thing. , with a service vest on ..no way was that dog a service dog , it literally barked and snarled at anyone who went near it .
I overheard someone in one of the hotels say that he had classed his spaniel type dog as an emotional support animal so he didn’t have to board him when he went away 🤷