Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
What an absolute nightmare, I think you handled it very well considering, as you said what some families with children went through was awful, I’d love to see some photos of your hotel x
Here you go 😍

Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

You have been so unlucky but well done for making the most of it.

I would love to see some pics of the Fantasia. We are just back from the BP in Mexico again & have been to the BP in Playa Paraiso a few times too, so would be good to compare the newer hotel.

Ps we had a 5hr delay outgoing and received £520 each. TUI never made it known about the food vouchers for our flight either and we didn’t bother as at that point we were just glad to be going. We also had no IFE on the way back, it was broken for both the Saturday and Sunday flights Cancun/Glasgow. We got $15 each for food for the inconvenience, paid for a Johnny Rocket lunch 😀
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluff48 View Post
You have been so unlucky but well done for making the most of it.

I would love to see some pics of the Fantasia. We are just back from the BP in Mexico again & have been to the BP in Playa Paraiso a few times too, so would be good to compare the newer hotel.

Ps we had a 5hr delay outgoing and received £520 each. TUI never made it known about the food vouchers for our flight either and we didn’t bother as at that point we were just glad to be going. We also had no IFE on the way back, it was broken for both the Saturday and Sunday flights Cancun/Glasgow. We got $15 each for food for the inconvenience, paid for a Johnny Rocket lunch 😀
What did you think of the BP in Mexico? We are looking for something special for next year.

Unfortunately the length of time delayed doesn’t seem to matter so we fall into the mid category for distance and should get £350 each.

The Fantasia looked fantastic but too many children for us at this stage of our lives! Will go back if we have grand babies though 😆
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve visited Coba, Tulum and Akumal (all next to each other) We got a very good deal for Coba this year & couldn’t justify the extra for Akumal.

Next year we are going back to Akumal so we can have speciality restaurant ever night rather than 3 per week that you get at Tulum/Coba and so many to choose from with access to all restaurants in the 4 hotels.

We can’t fault the food the speciality restaurants and always something to eat in the buffets. If you consider this hotel brand you might like Sian Khan. It’s adults only and rooms look lovely. Only downside for us is it’s about 10 mins to the beach on the golf buggy and personally I think there may be a lot of mozzies as there is a lot of greenery there. Also, you would need to get the buggy at night to the other hotels as there are only 2 speciality restaurants at Sian Khan.

We love Akumal. Nice pool, can walk 2mins to the beach to snorkel then back to the pool, full access to all restaurants/bars on site inc. Sian Khan. Only downside is the rooms are quite dated, but doesn’t bother us as we only sleep in them. We are gold loyalty members after next years holiday & we keep going back as we have never been ill with the food. Plus we can get Smirnoff/absolute vodka included at all of the hotels. It is a 1.5 hr bus ride to the resort though but we try to use that time to nap before going out for dinner.

A friend stayed at the Royalton in Cancun. It was quite a bit more compared to BP & other than the rooms being nicer, I couldn’t justify that the food could justify so much more.

I suppose it depends on how much you are willing to spend but we did not feel we had an inferior holiday staying at Coba with the main difference being no unlimited speciality meals plus we could only use the bars/snack bar/buffet at Coba.

Hope that helps.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluff48 View Post
We’ve visited Coba, Tulum and Akumal (all next to each other) We got a very good deal for Coba this year & couldn’t justify the extra for Akumal.

Next year we are going back to Akumal so we can have speciality restaurant ever night rather than 3 per week that you get at Tulum/Coba and so many to choose from with access to all restaurants in the 4 hotels.

We can’t fault the food the speciality restaurants and always something to eat in the buffets. If you consider this hotel brand you might like Sian Khan. It’s adults only and rooms look lovely. Only downside for us is it’s about 10 mins to the beach on the golf buggy and personally I think there may be a lot of mozzies as there is a lot of greenery there. Also, you would need to get the buggy at night to the other hotels as there are only 2 speciality restaurants at Sian Khan.

We love Akumal. Nice pool, can walk 2mins to the beach to snorkel then back to the pool, full access to all restaurants/bars on site inc. Sian Khan. Only downside is the rooms are quite dated, but doesn’t bother us as we only sleep in them. We are gold loyalty members after next years holiday & we keep going back as we have never been ill with the food. Plus we can get Smirnoff/absolute vodka included at all of the hotels. It is a 1.5 hr bus ride to the resort though but we try to use that time to nap before going out for dinner.

A friend stayed at the Royalton in Cancun. It was quite a bit more compared to BP & other than the rooms being nicer, I couldn’t justify that the food could justify so much more.

I suppose it depends on how much you are willing to spend but we did not feel we had an inferior holiday staying at Coba with the main difference being no unlimited speciality meals plus we could only use the bars/snack bar/buffet at Coba.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Fluff - that really does help. Mozzies are a big no no for me as I react quite badly to bites and have an auto immune condition so have to be careful. Are there still mozzies at the hotels nearest the beach?
Old 14 Jun 22, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

I would think probably at all the hotels at this resort. Got lots of bites at Tulum, which is next to the beach. Got around 10 bites at Coba but think it may have been the two times we went to Tulum. Never got any at Akumal on the beach but that may just have been luck.

I took Vitamin b & antihistamines daily, used Avon skin so soft, 50% Deet & vicks vaporrub. That combo worked in 2019 at Akumal but not this year at Coba.

Not sure if mozzies could be an issues at all Mexico resorts.

Interestingly though, we had a storm in 2015 and this year when we got bit. Someone mentioned mozzies are worse after a storm as they breed in stagnant water, so that may be the reasoning.
Old 14 Jun 22, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Wow what a journey…..
You need another holiday to recover now

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Wow what a journey…..
You need another holiday to recover now
It’s booked 😆 17 weeks and counting!

Hope you are well Klare 😃

Struggling now with somewhere special for our 30th next April/May - any ideas?
Old 15 Jun 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I've stayed at the Bahia in Fuertaventura with my mom. If that's the same hotel chain then I can see why you loved it, it was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. I would love to go there again but sadly, no longer have mom and so also don't have her large pension which she loved to spend on five star holidays for us both
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List