Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I totally agree, my job is incredibly dangerous and I risk my life every day so I enjoy my life. My mum died from mnd and my dad died in my arms after a heart attack so I do live my life.
Makes me interested what you do for a job hearing that!
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Retired and following my grandfather’s example. As he said aged 96 “I being of sound mind, have spent it all”
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
£5,000 for Europe for four of us or a little more, £8,000 or more for Florida. I don’t know the actual amount because my kids always spend their own money, if they order £30 steaks or cocktails I make them chip in towards the meal.
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Makes me interested what you do for a job hearing that!
I fit tv aerials, so I’m on roofs every day and I like others in my profession we work off ladders not scaffolding
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

We are retired, no mortgage or any other payments, both in receipt of good private pensions ( I’m 60 DH 64 so no state pension yet).

We’ve enjoyed many holidays to Florida, visited the West Coast, Canada, Haiwaii, NYC.

I’ve been advised several times by older people to go on holiday while you are fit enough to enjoy it. So I’m following that advice!

When we first started going to Florida almost thirty years ago we got the bug, and as we got into our fourties’ and paid the mortgage off two or three trips a year became possible.

This year we’ve been to Disneyland Paris with our family ( we paid for the trip) we were there a week, stayed in the Marvel hotel which was more expensive than the Poly, and did Princess and Character Dining etc. That probably cost around £12k.

Off to Florida in September, package is £5k, Universal Annual Passes , HHN and RIP tickets £1.5 k, spends £2.5 k.

We’ve had no holidays since 2019 like everyone else, though we did get the garden done and some building/ decorating done on the house.

Our expenses are low, probably drink about the same as CFB though we do like a drink on holiday.

It’s interesting to see what other people do, but it’s all personal depending on income, expenses etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney2010 View Post
It's such an individual thing really, isn't it?
For us, we price up & work out if we can afford the holiday we're looking at. We can "tighten the purse strings" when we need to. But I like to have a holiday paid off.

A friend of mine always used to put their holidays on the credit card & I just can't do that. If I had to use a credit card for it, I'd say I can't afford the holiday!
It would be quite depressing paying off something you’ve already had. Well, I would have even worse post holiday blues anyway

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
I’ve been advised several times by older people to go on holiday while you are fit enough to enjoy it. So I’m following that advice!
Agree completely with this. Life is very short. Whilst you obviously have to ensure you are making provision for the future, living for ‘now’ isn’t a bad mantra.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I fit tv aerials, so I’m on roofs every day and I like others in my profession we work off ladders not scaffolding
Yes I wouldn’t like to do that. No safety harnesses on those.

Hubby used to work in the steel works and some of the stories about how health and safety was “told to be followed” was ridiculous. Luckily now he is somewhere that has a lot safer machines to work on.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List