Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 22, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
DS is 17 next year, What's the going rate for a driving lesson now?
Thanks
£63 for 90 mins here

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

DS is 17 next year, What's the going rate for a driving lesson now?
Thanks
We pay £48 for 1 hour 30 mins.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
£63 for 90 mins here
Thanks. I think he'll only have driving lessons so has anyone any experience in quantity? DH reckons about 15 but I think I had 30 ish
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
DD is 17 next year. DH won’t take her out, so it’ll be down to me. We’ve booked her a course of Young Driver lessons so when she turns 17 she should be ok with the clutch etc. I’ve said I’ll wait until she’s had a couple of actual lessons before I go out with her.
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Thanks. I think he'll only have driving lessons so has anyone any experience in quantity? DH reckons about 15 but I think I had 30 ish
I think usually 15 with a parent going out too is probably about right.
The issue at the mo is that there are so few test slots (and the apps to find cancellations have now been blocked by DVLA) so it’s taking considerably longer than I personally expected!
DS was on a waiting list for an instructor for months too.
I would recommend ensuring the the theory is taken asap so a practical can be booked pretty soon after.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 09:12 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

My eldest dd had 40 lessons 😬 the instructors said the average for girls is 33 hours - she also went out with us middle dd has started to learn and seems a bit more confident than her sister already 🤞🏻

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

You’re all much braver than me. No way could my nerves handle teaching someone to drive, especially dd. We’d end up never speaking again 😂

That said, we don’t have a car she could learn in anyway, we have a Q7 now and swapping for a Tesla in 2 weeks.

I do wonder how long before it’s more common for new drivers to have automatic or electric lessons rather than manual.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow some of those prices. We were quoted £30 for a one hour lesson and £250 for a block of 10. That was back in February though so I’m sure they will have gone up now. Son passed 2 years ago and only paid £25 and £200 for a block.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
My mum taught me bits on our private roads at the time (long story) and it went ok. She wasn’t super patient, but we didn’t have anyone else. I had a driving lesson in the morning of my 17th which was when I went on public roads for the first time. Took me a while with both the instructor and my Mum to be fair, but I did pass first time. Took me from the Aug to the Feb though to be ready
Old 18 Jun 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
huntmj
Excited about Disney

My grandson had a number of lessons and i do believe that an instructor is useful in order to learn the basics and to prepare for the test.
I took him out a number of times and it is a bit scary but we went to empty spaces, carparks and industrial estates first. Later we went on the roads but always agreed to practice one specific skill each time eg reversing, 3 point turns, parking etc.
Good luck
huntmj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List