Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Jun 22, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
You should try the “fake” McDonald’s ones from the frozen section in Aldi , they aren’t greasy and lovely and thin x
I'm just not a massive hash brown lover, McDonalds or US version I'm sure Chris and the boys might like them though so will try and get some for them, thanks Emma x

The cheeseburger in garlic toasted bread wins hands down for me today Kelly 👍🏻
You have done an amazing job with your budget 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Emma x
Oh it was amazing, I really enjoyed it I wasn't conscious of the budget so I'm surprised we've done so well to be honest x

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
A different selection of snacks today. Something for everyone 😊
Definitely, it was a lovely food day, so many different choices and different foods to try x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 18 - Rainforest Cafe, Night Blossom and Sleepy Hollow

Day 18 - Villa Breakfast, Rainforest Café and Sleepy Hollow Spicy Chicken Waffle

Breakfast
Breakfast in the villa as usual everyone just had cereal, pop tarts and toast. No pics.

Lunch

We used our Landry’s card to get a table here. We were told around 30 minutes, people walking up without a card were being told 1 ½ hours! 5 minutes later we were called up. We loved the theme in here although be pre warned it is very dark!

I ordered the Little Islanders Caesar Salad - $9.99 (as you can see it wasn’t small )

Chris ordered The Jungle Turkey Wrap - $17.99 he also ordered a jungle cocktail, unsure on the price of this as I can’t find the receipt

Caitlin had kid’s pizza with mac n cheese and oranges - $10.99

Thomas and Noah had kids chicken dinosaurs with chips - $10.99

The food in here was nice but Chris moaned about his wrap as it said ‘shaved turkey’ and it was basically sandwich meat I asked for the little caesar salad but they brought a large one! Definitely no good for a bariatric patient as you can see my feeble effort the service was very slow though. We were in here for 1 1/2hrs and only had one course and one lot of drinks, not great really.

The server corrected the bill when she brought it (tried to charge me for a large caesar salad although I asked for a small) and split it so we could both use our Landry’s birthday credits. The total bill was $90 plus tax and we got $50 off.

This was $40

Snack

We obviously had to grab a Night Blossom drink, we really enjoyed this last time, Chris and Noah enjoyed it, I just found it way too sweet! Thomas didn’t like it and Caitlin only liked the balls

This was $6.70

Dinner

Chris and I wanted to try a Spicy Chicken Waffle from Sleepy Hollow and a funnel cake, we got these to have watching the fireworks but as it was so late we ended up eating them after and didn’t manage a picture.

I found the spicy waffle too spicy so I ate most of the funnel cake with the Caitlin, Thomas and Noah didn’t like it. The kids also had their wraps/sandwiches for their food so they weren’t missing out. Chris would have the waffle again … not for me

This was $20.85

Day 18 Total: $67.55
Total So Far: $1,599.85
Budget: $560.15 under budget

Edited at 08:14 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

The food at Rainforest looks pretty decent. I think it’s great for kids.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
The food at Rainforest looks pretty decent. I think it’s great for kids.
Taste wise it honestly wasn't bad at all, but I'm basing that off a salad, Chris was just really annoyed he basically had turkey slices for a sandwich rather than proper turkey and obviously the decor is amazing x
Old 20 Jun 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have never eaten at the Rainforest Cafe and to be honest I don’t think I’d want to take an hour and half from our day to do it either!
I would love one of those cocktail cups though
I can’t believe we have never tried the funnel cake on any of our trips , this must be rectified
Thanks xx

Ps Aldi have started selling the fake chicken strips like the McDonald’s ones , I picked them up today , another on the to try list
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Steveswift
Trading Disney Pins

Great thread, going in August so going to be using some of this info, thanks for all of your efforts.
Steveswift is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Jess
Proud to wear my Ears

Just binge read this whole report while doing some holiday planning myself! Some brilliant ideas here - we’re trying to stick to a $70 ish a day budget for the 2 of us, so I’ve stolen a few of your meal ideas
Disney_Jess is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JJoanneuk
New Poster (4)

Just read this report in one sitting , loved it you did fantastically well on that budget , you all had what you wanted too ! ( what I want now sitting here drooling ) we decided in a quick trip just the other day , so hubby and I are off back there in September , I was thinking $200 food per day was a struggle , you have inspired me
JJoanneuk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Sorry guys life has been very hectic lately. I'm hoping to get this report finished over the next week or so.

We have never eaten at the Rainforest Cafe and to be honest I don’t think I’d want to take an hour and half from our day to do it either!
I would love one of those cocktail cups though
I can’t believe we have never tried the funnel cake on any of our trips , this must be rectified
Thanks xx

Ps Aldi have started selling the fake chicken strips like the McDonald’s ones , I picked them up today , another on the to try list
No it's definitely not worth an hour and a half of your time! But nice if you've got time to kill.

Yeah you must try the funnel cake and let me know what you think Oh really? How were they? X

Originally Posted by Steveswift View Post
Great thread, going in August so going to be using some of this info, thanks for all of your efforts.
Thank you, glad it's been of some use to you, I hope you have an amazing trip x

Originally Posted by Disney_Jess View Post
Just binge read this whole report while doing some holiday planning myself! Some brilliant ideas here - we’re trying to stick to a $70 ish a day budget for the 2 of us, so I’ve stolen a few of your meal ideas
Ahh that's fab and I think it's totally doable too if you aren't too picky about where you eat have an amazing time! X

Originally Posted by JJoanneuk View Post
Just read this report in one sitting , loved it you did fantastically well on that budget , you all had what you wanted too ! ( what I want now sitting here drooling ) we decided in a quick trip just the other day , so hubby and I are off back there in September , I was thinking $200 food per day was a struggle , you have inspired me
Thank you, I'm very impressed how well we've done and it'll definitely give us an idea of costings for the potential budget trip in February! Good luck with your budget, I hope you have a fab time xx
Old 6 Jul 22, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Chicken selects have gone down a treat Kelly 🤗 you can buy them with either bbq or sweet chilli dip 👍🏻
Xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List