Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jun 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Much like NewtoOrlando but I put in a couple of laundry pods so I can at least wash what we have
I don’t pack sleep wear I’d rather have an extra outfit and sleep in the tee shirt I traveled. In if need be but we rarely go out after travelling long haul the evening we arrive it’s usually a swim a pool side shower something to eat and bed
We did this for several years, life was so much easier and straight out of the airport on arrival.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
After our recent experience of one of our cases going missing for 5 days I would definitely have a change of clothes in my hand luggage. Also we always mix our clothes between our 2 suitcases as well.
Our 1 suitcase found its way to Jamaica instead of Melbourne Fl, went back to the UK before being sent out to Florida 5 days later.
This was from Manchester with TUI. Not ideal but at least it turned up.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
This is a useful thread. I suggested hand luggage to DH and he pretty much laughed in my face. We’re going for four weeks but in a villa for the majority of it so I reckon it would be doable.
I thought that but then heard too many stories about people taking small/cabin sized suitcases as hand luggage being told they'd need to be put in the hold once they were on their flight and then the cases just disappeared and they never saw them again. Can't afford to lose anything just because the airlines or whoever are experiencing staffing issues. We're only going July 2023 so hopefully all will be sorted by then but if you're going in the next few months, I'd be considering all eventualities personally.
TheBounce is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Yeah that’s understandable. People really do push the limits with hand luggage these days. No wonder there is never any overhead luggage space anymore.
It's the fact if you REALLY want to take a suitcase as hand luggage, you can buy a cabin case so you know for sure it will fit that always baffles me... why do these folks not just buy one of those? It's common sense that anything bigger will be removed 🤦
Old 2 Jul 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Never ever heard of hand luggage being taken off people.
Happens alot when there's not enough room in the cabin
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Have you seen the size of some of the cabin sized luggage our American cousins take onboard? Could live out of those for weeks!
Old 2 Jul 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Have you seen the size of some of the cabin sized luggage our American cousins take onboard? Could live out of those for weeks!
I would agree. What some get away with on domestic flights is absolutely comical. Hold baggage on freestanding domestics is actually rather cheap, so I don’t know why they bother to cheat the system.
We always stay compliant, watching on in bemusement.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

The only toiletries I’d pack in hand luggage is toothpaste & brush and deodorant. I’d use the shower gel, soap etc in the hotel bathroom.

Plus basic makeup, mini size sun cream, 2 changes of undies, one change of clothes. Mini first aid kit (savlon, plasters)

I always take meds, snacks, chargers (not power packs) book, nail file, tissues, notebook (paper) pen etc.

I confess to having a stock of mini toiletries from Walmart/Target, mainly for the airport hotel the night before I fly. Much cheaper than in Boots, supermarkets etc.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blades View Post
A pack of 20 woodbines, 4 pack of John smiths, 1 pair of grundies (can be used 4 times) that should see you through. Seriously as long as I’ve got my wallet with some hard currency and an emergency credit card I don’t worry to much about what’s in the hand luggage.
Great minds think alike.
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Are those miniature toiletries you see the right size for hand luggage ?
Yes. I double-checked in Tesco the other day and all theirs are 100ml or less. If in doubt, just do a quick check when in-store. As long as each states on it that it is 100ml or less, you're fine with them.