Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Feb 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post

I'm going to save this picture to my phone so I can just ask for it all without messing about with a menu

Going in search of the Strawberry Lobsterita too now
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Like the look of Red Lobster and in all our trips have only been once. After looking at your photos will definitely rectify that next visit.
Old 11 Feb 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I'm going to save this picture to my phone so I can just ask for it all without messing about with a menu

Going in search of the Strawberry Lobsterita too now
The Strawberry Lobsterita can be found on post 3 (page 1) of my 2018 report (we also went there twice that trip but they ran out of big glasses the second time!) and also on post 141 (page 15) of my 2019 report. The 2018 picture is probably the best one as you can see how big it is next to a bottle of beer!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Like the look of Red Lobster and in all our trips have only been once. After looking at your photos will definitely rectify that next visit.
I think I should join the Red Lobster marketing team!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure

Somehow we’ve already got to the final day of the report 😢

We began our last full day in Universal Studios with breakfast... but not any old breakfast... a Simpson’s big pink donut! That counts as breakfast, right!?

These donuts are sooo good (not to mention being bigger than your head!). This has become something we get every trip and usually share for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack. The icing is especially really nice.

We also reactivated our refillable mug for the day. I would take a wild guess that it was full with low calorie raspberry Powerade which I love.

For lunch we headed over to Islands of Adventure and stopped by Fire Eater’s Grill where we both ordered a traditional gyro platter with hummus ($9.99 + tax each).

We both love gyro and always have them when we’re in Greece. This was nice, pretty good value and not like typical theme park food (which was probably a good thing after our donut breakfast!).

For dinner, we headed out to city walk and to Moe’s Southwest Grill which is towards the end of city walk as you get to the moving walkways, upstairs next to Panda Express and Burger King. It’s a quick serve Mexican place. I’ve got a feeling I might have also had something from Panda Express on this evening but I don’t seem to have any record of it!

W ordered a chicken burrito ($9.19 + tax). All orders here come with a side of chips (like lightly salted Doritos but better) but as I wanted some too, we also ordered another portion plus a side of queso ($4.49 + tax for the queso, not sure on the extra chips). The queso is really good cheese sauce and the chips are so crunchy, they really go together and it’s a great snack or meal for when you’re not too hungry.

We really like it at Moe’s and go back when we can. I remember in MCO at the end of this trip we even sat there wondering how to franchise one for the UK 😂

Travel home day

And in a flash, it was already travel home day. I remember us both being really sad on this day and I’d spent the morning researching flights to see if we could somehow stay for longer 😂

Before we left for the airport, we made a quick final trip to Seaworld as it was only a short walk from the hotel.

Of course, we picked up a final dippin dots - a cookies n cream this time!

These were still really good but didn’t beat the cookie dough for me. It only felt right to finish off the holiday with our new favourite sweet discovery though!

We then made our way to MCO where I’m pretty sure we ate Panda Express and Moe’s again but I don’t have any photos unfortunately. I must have been too sad to take them!

This trip definitely cemented our joint love of Orlando (especially for me) and I began planning our next trip as soon as we returned home...

Thanks for reading everyone - I hope this has sprinkled a little bit of Florida magic on the dibb in these difficult times.

Edited at 02:58 AM.
Old 13 Feb 21, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

loved this report x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Thank you for writing this I have really enjoyed reading it
Old 20 Feb 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant, thanks so much for sharing
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This thread makes me so angry about my holiday being cancelled. I have realised that my holiday is basically eating my way around Orlando.

Thank you for posting your pictures, I'm going to check out Red Lobster now

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments

We’ve got a potential trip planned for the end of this year all being well... fingers crossed I’ll be back with food report number 4 (I’ll do it live!) then 🤞🏼