Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Halloween covid etiquette

How is everyone handling trick or treaters? Are you giving out sweets or leaving them on your doorstep for people to take?

Thanks 🙂
Old 31 Oct 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We are being really miserable like last year. We are sitting in the living room which is at the back of the house and turning all the lights out at the front of the house. I am going to pick up some party bags or little paper bags and fill with treats for the kids on the street as they will be playing out this afternoon as usual but we won’t be opening the door this evening nor will Mason be knocking on anyones doors.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

We made up cones of sweets a few weeks ago - gloves on and but in their bags
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Most of our area has agreed that those with decorations outside the house will participate in Halloween 🎃 and those with nothing won’t be knocked on. Probably won’t work fully but should help. We’re also being miserable and not doing it this year.
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Most of our area has agreed that those with decorations outside the house will participate in Halloween 🎃 and those with nothing won’t be knocked on. Probably won’t work fully but should help. We’re also being miserable and not doing it this year.
I thought this was just generally trick or treating etiquette anyway?
I was always told to only knock on the doors where there were decorations/ a pumpkin/ a sign saying “trick or treaters welcome” etc. If there was nothing “halloweeny” then to leave that house alone. I’ve always told my daughter the same thing.

I’ll be out this evening so won’t be doing anything. DD is going trick or treating with some friends.

Edited at 12:22 PM.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have treat bags , made up a couple of days ago.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Our village does a pumpkin trail. Participating houses have a decorated pumpkin displayed prominently outside. Homeowners either put a treat station outside or allow kids to knock on the door depending on their preference. All kids are accompanied by an adult ( tend to be in groups with one or two adults). General agreement that no adult means no treats. Advantage is that everybody in the village knows each other and generally make it known in advance if participating so the adults know where to steer the kids.
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyStacey View Post
I thought this was just generally trick or treating etiquette anyway?
I was always told to only knock on the doors where there were decorations/ a pumpkin/ a sign saying “trick or treaters welcome” etc. If there was nothing “halloweeny” then to leave that house alone. I’ve always told my daughter the same thing.

I’ll be out this evening so won’t be doing anything. DD is going trick or treating with some friends.
Yes I think it is normal Halloween behaviour but I think it has been reinforced through social media for our local area to keep people Covid safe
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I’m just going to leave them outside this year in a bowl.

This was our socially distanced pumpkin from last year

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Cases in our area are amoung the highest in the country, and they are especially high in children/teens, so sadly I won't be opening my door either
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List