Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Mar 22, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

That view from your room!
Looking forward to the rest of your report! I usually look for RPR or HR for the Express passes but look forward to seeing how you get in at Cabana Bay as it looks amazing so far!
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by twogoto View Post
🚶🏻Steps: 19,800
💰Spends: $415.86

Will never get tired of waking up to this view! Few things if anyone has been put off by some of the same negative comments I saw about these tower rooms - yes there’s some noise from the music in the morning but it’s not super loud (at least not at Beachside) and even if it does wake you up, it’s nicer than an alarm clock! It also isn’t a really long walk to the lobby - we saw comments saying it would take ten or fifteen minutes but in reality it’s about 4 minutes from the tower exit to lobby entrance (and I’m a slow walker!).

We woke up and unpacked all of our things so we wouldn’t be living out of cases for the two weeks. A delicious breakfast was on the cards for today, and we unanimously decided it had to be First Watch!

We took an Uber there which was free as I had $98 credit from connecting a business bank account to Tide (an offer I’d seen online) but should’ve been $7.99. We were there just before 10am and seated straight away.

We both had an Iced Coffee (they serve the best I’ve ever had!) and OH had an apple juice too. I ordered the classic French Toast and OH ordered the Floridian French Toast that came topped with kiwi and banana. We also got a small side of fruit to share. It was delicious as always!

The cost was $37.85 but I had a BOGOF voucher for my birthday month. This took it down to around $27 but we left $40 to include tip.

There’s a Publix just along the road so we walked along, only took us a couple of minutes. Cue the obligatory walking down every aisle and being amazed at what they have out there. We love a good supermarket trip!

We bought an array of breakfast things, snacks, drinks, toiletries, and - of course - two Publix chicken tender subs from the deli counter. I got mine plain (as I like it - keep your mayo!) with lettuce and onion while OH went all out with mayo, honey mustard, banana peppers, lettuce and other things I can’t remember. These are huge and one sub would easily feed four people!

The cost was noticeably higher than our last trip, I can’t find the receipt now but it was $198 for everything pictured, plus toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner which I thought was quite steep for what we got.

We got an Uber back to Cabana Bay (again, free with our credit but would’ve been $8.52) and stocked the fridge. It was after 12pm now and we were a bit peckish so we sat down to enjoy some of our subs - we could only manage a quarter, there is so much chicken in these! Delicious as remembered!

We got changed and suncreamed up and headed to Volcano Bay, just a few minutes walk away through Cabana Bay’s special entrance - we had to queue at guest services for our annual passes as Universal had kindly agreed to give us a 30-day pass each to use on our next visit after COVID cancelling past plans. This took a while but we were soon on our way in.

It was super busy so we headed to the Dancing Dragons bar for our first cocktails of the trip! We both had a Tiki something or other which was delicious - the queue here was insanely long and moving slowly, but once served we realised people were also queuing pool-side which was much much shorter, so something to remember next time. We also got two bottles of water - total for everything was an eye watering $39.80 which came to $47 with tip. Wow!

We sat here for a bit before heading off to find a sun bed. This wasn’t easy but we managed to find two in one of the smaller seating areas after about ten minutes. The weather was lovely so we sat and enjoyed our drinks before grabbing a locker ($16) and heading off to explore the lazy river, fearless river, and one of the pools.

When we got back to the sun beds to dry off we decided to order two of the waterproof phone/card holders from Amazon which will arrive on Monday to the hotel. We felt this would be better than paying $16 every time we needed a locker for a couple of hours as we expect to take advantage of the proximity of VB a lot!

We got back to the room for around 5:30pm and were both starving so finished off the rest of the first half of our subs.

We lazed around for a couple of hours and got ready to head to Disney Springs at about 9:30pm - our Uber there was again free but should’ve been $16.29.

The drop off point had changed since our last village and was now in the Marketplace area which threw us off a little - it took us a while to get our bearings! We opted for another favourite for a late dinner - Blaze Pizza. We love it here too! If you haven’t been, it’s like the pizza equivalent of Subway.

I had ham and pineapple on mine and OH had a garlic pesto base with chicken and banana peppers. We both got a cup for drinks so we could have the Blood Orange which tastes amazing! We had signed up to the Blaze rewards scheme and they had a ‘Pie Day’ offer where you could get your pizza for $3.14, so we put them through as two separate orders each costing just $7.97 for the pizza and drink. They were as good as we remembered!

Now super full, we went off for a bit of late night shopping - the shops were all open until 11:30pm tonight. I bought some hair serum from Sephora that I’d had my eye on, and got them to correct my birthday so I could get the free birthday gift - I’d previously used September as my birthday as that’s the month we always travelled. Total was $28.92.

OH bought some boots from UGG that were down to $70 from $120.

We had a look in and out of some other shops and then went to find the Uber pick up area - we kept getting lost and walking round in circles! Eventually we got there and hopped in an Uber back to the hotel - free again but should’ve been $18.01. We got back to the hotel just after midnight and went straight to bed with sore feet from walking around VB and then Disney Springs!
Great update! Did you sign up to the blaze rewards online? We love blaze and may visit twice next trip so I’m keen to know more!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Great update! Did you sign up to the blaze rewards online? We love blaze and may visit twice next trip so I’m keen to know more!
Yep but this offer was just for this month - I’m not sure if they have others throughout the year but worth signing up online in case!
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by twogoto View Post
Yep but this offer was just for this month - I’m not sure if they have others throughout the year but worth signing up online in case!
Did you use a VPN to sign up? I've tried, but just keep getting an error page.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Following along. Great start. Dreading the check in at Cabana Bay when we go in August. All I keep hearing is horror stories.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great room view. Have a lovely holiday
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Did you use a VPN to sign up? I've tried, but just keep getting an error page.
I think I might’ve done actually!
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
What a great room view. Have a lovely holiday
Thank you!
Old 21 Mar 22, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Following along. Great start. Dreading the check in at Cabana Bay when we go in August. All I keep hearing is horror stories.
It was loooong but I think it’s all depending on time etc, there’s no way of telling. We’ve just came back to the hotel now at 6pm and there was no line and 7/8 members of staff on!
Old 22 Mar 22, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Day 3 added!