Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Feb 22, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
We’re flying Virgin in June and I need to book one vegan meal. I’ve tried on-line but it’s not accepting it. Does anyone know if there’s a problem or it is just too soon for June?
It may be that like United they’re not doing them atm but who knows.
I’d check periodically but otherwise just make sure you take food onboard for the vegan just incase.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Meals in economy were lousy at Christmas both ways, I would load up on snacks and sandwiches before hand x
Old 4 Feb 22, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

We’re flying Virgin in June and I need to book one vegan meal. I’ve tried on-line but it’s not accepting it. Does anyone know if there’s a problem or it is just too soon for June?
Hi MM, I'd buy a salad/suitable vegan grub and take it onboard, sadly we've seen a significant deterioration in food the caterers are being paid to prepare, I wouldn't rely on airline offerings to keep hunger pangs at bay.

Have a smashing holiday
Old 5 Feb 22, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ArielChip
Earning More Ears

I’ve just booked vegan meals for our April flights with Virgin so maybe it is that it’s too far in advance to book for June. I think I read that only the main meal will be customised though so will be taking lots of snacks!
ArielChip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

I appreciate this is pre pandemic but we travelled with TUI and the young lady next to me had clearly requested a vegan menu, there appeared to be a heated debate about what this was between her mum and the staff. The stafc then proceeded to bring out a variety of snacks that the young lady obviously couldnt eat and in the end she was given 2 bananas and an apples for the whole flight.
I would hope things have improved in the two years since I took this flight but I am guessing not.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 22, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
It may be that like United they’re not doing them atm but who knows.
I’d check periodically but otherwise just make sure you take food onboard for the vegan just incase.
Originally Posted by ArielChip View Post
I’ve just booked vegan meals for our April flights with Virgin so maybe it is that it’s too far in advance to book for June. I think I read that only the main meal will be customised though so will be taking lots of snacks!
Its definitely not too early to book. I've booked an Asian Vegetarian meal for September without any issues. Maybe contact virgin and check
Old 7 Feb 22, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Its definitely not too early to book. I've booked an Asian Vegetarian meal for September without any issues. Maybe contact virgin and check
Just bare in mind that my ds was able to book a vegan meal on United but they still didn’t have any, which was the issue.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We fly with Virgin at the end of April and booked vegan meals several months ago, we will however take food with us as from past experience the meals were not good 🤢
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 22, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Just bare in mind that my ds was able to book a vegan meal on United but they still didn’t have any, which was the issue.
Yeah no completely appreciate this but I'm just confirming that the other poster should be able to book the meals it isn't due to it being a few months away. Even pre-pandemic it was hit and miss if you got what you ordered and sometimes I have ended up with no meal.
Old 8 Feb 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Yeah no completely appreciate this but I'm just confirming that the other poster should be able to book the meals it isn't due to it being a few months away. Even pre-pandemic it was hit and miss if you got what you ordered and sometimes I have ended up with no meal.
Yes, sorry I agree you should as I’ve ordered a meal for august.
That’s awful, I mean how hard is it?
Hopefully things start to improve but I’m not holding my breath.