Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Feb 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

Virgin - different name on passport to Covid passport

Hi

My name on passport is in maiden name. GP name (Covid passport) is in married name.

Has anyone travelled with virgin with same issue ?
GP won't change my name and virgin say I need to change name with GP. 🙄

Fly March 6th and freaking out a bit 🙈
excited4florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by excited4florida View Post
Hi

My name on passport is in maiden name. GP name (Covid passport) is in married name.

Has anyone travelled with virgin with same issue ?
GP won't change my name and virgin say I need to change name with GP. 🙄

Fly March 6th and freaking out a bit 🙈

I'd question why your GP won't change. My daughter is visiting us here next Tuesday.. (Whoop). Her GP changed her name to her maiden name took an hour for the app to change

The only other alternative is ask virgin their policy...maybe a marriage certificate would suffice

Good luck
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sure I read that others have used their marriage certificate.

Not sure why your gp won’t change though.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm going to call in at GP this morning. They say I have to change name on my passport and just all in all being difficult !
Virgin have confirmed they won't accept marriage certificate and tried ringing them and been on hold for ages.
So frustrating when I can obviously prove its me 😭🙄
excited4florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm going to call in at GP this morning. They say I have to change name on my passport and just all in all being difficult !
Virgin have confirmed they won't accept marriage certificate and tried ringing them and been on hold for ages.
So frustrating when I can obviously prove its me 😭🙄
No need to tell the gp why you’re changing it. Just say you’re reverting to your maiden name and need it changed.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

I've been back to gp and they are still being difficult! They are checking with management 🙄
Legally I didn't need to change in the first place so don't see why they just can't revert it back. Gov website says if it's different to change name with GP. So frustrating
Old 9 Feb 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
purikura
Trying for More Ears

I had a similar issue - my GP changed my surname when I got married to my husbands without me asking or even telling them (is that allowed?) when actually he took my name! I only noticed because my Covid passport was showing his surname instead of mine. When I phoned they were extremely unhelpful saying I would have to bring ID to show that I didn't change my name?! Even though I'd never asked!
I actually ended up speaking to a GP and she changed it back for me during my appointment. She told me that because my maiden name was originally on there you didn't need to show ID or proof.
purikura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

Legally I didn't even need to change it in the first place. They keep saying marriage certificate is proof I've changed my name. It isn't it's just proof I'm married.
They are checking with management anyway. Just hoping they see sense and follow what the government website tells us to do !
Old 9 Feb 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Legally I didn't even need to change it in the first place. They keep saying marriage certificate is proof I've changed my name. It isn't it's just proof I'm married.
They are checking with management anyway. Just hoping they see sense and follow what the government website tells us to do !
That’s just ridiculous!

Tell them you’ve separated and reverted to your maiden name, that they’re causing you a lot of distress and that you’d like to make an official complaint.

You could be changing it for any reason and are allowed to do so. They’re being unnecessarily difficult.
Old 9 Feb 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

I said I want to be known as my maiden name from now on but they said marriage certificate is proof of name change and I'm not divorced 🤔🙄🤷 just ridiculous. They've already known me as my maiden name too. Just hoping they sense when I call back to check later today.