Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Apr 22, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellie live & indirect Apr22 - day 13, final chilled day in the sun

This will be the shortest, most boring day for you ever. But for me it was lovely!

There were no alarms today. Which is just as well as last nights viewing of fantastic beasts then extended to watching The Crimes Of Grindlewald til way after midnight. One mikes hard lemonade led to another and another……. I thought I might have to crack open my Advil this morning!

But as it was, I had a very long lie and was fine when I got up.

After breakfast I packed one case up to 22.7kg.

On the way home I now use a few of the packing cubes to group things into a neat tight package and weigh them. That way I have 4 or 5 packing cases clearly weighing 1kg, 2kg whatever. When you get to that stage of having to move a couple of kilos from one case to another to balance them up, you know exactly what to move over without all that repeat weighing. I know. I’m a freak. But it keeps me happy. It also makes it easier if you need to select something to go into the bottom of hand luggage.

The kids packed their own suitcases. Kieran has learned well. His is as neat and methodical as mine. Hannah’s less so but that’s ok. I’m just grateful I no longer have to pack all 4. I’ve been keeping up with the washing so everything we take home is clean. That’s the beauty of being in a villa at the end of the holiday. No washing when you get home!

So far it’s looking like we have loads of weight allowance to play with, although you can’t tell for sure til morning.

While I remember, for those of you who’ve messaged me to say you will be staying in Steve’s villa soon, don’t bother packing your straighteners etc. there are plenty of decent straighteners and curlers along with the hair dryer.

Then the rest of the day was the most chilled out day ever. Sheer bloody bliss. I lay in the sun, soaking up every single ray I can before we head home. It was very hot today and we dipped in and out of the pool. When clouds did come over it was still really hot. Heaven.

Kevin and the kids played some pool in between sunbathing.

Thank goodness it was a rest day. Both Hannah and I are complaining of sore arms n legs after yesterdays tree trek. Kieran’s hands are still sore and Kevin has an absolute keecher where he hit his eyebrow. We’re some bunch!

I had last nights Olive Garden leftovers ‘refreshed’ for lunch! Yummy. I also had a few mikes throughout the day.

About 5pm it really clouded over. Dark clouds. But it was still warm so I stayed out dozing while the others had showers. I eventually dragged myself inside after 6pm to get ready. We let the kids choose where to have dinner and they wanted Millers Ale House, so 5 minutes up the road to the one in Champions Gate. The rain was really hammering down now

We were seated straight away. We weren’t starving as we had all been picking all day.

I had broccoli and cheese soup which tasted nice with a bit of a chilli hit, but it was VERY thick so I only ate half of it.

The others got 2 zinger mountain melts to share between the 3 of them.

I had a pina colada

Then kevin and I shared key lime pie but couldn’t manage the massive slice even between us

Kieran had the donuts he had last week

Hannah skipped dessert

Paid the check

and headed home in the pouring rain and thunder and lightening.

I checked in online for our BA flights tomorrow and was delighted that we still have 4 seats together. When the BA girl changed our flight from the AA indirects to this direct BA flight, she had told me she couldn’t book us seats as that would be an extra charge. When I had gone into manage my booking 5 minutes later it let me select 4 seats at no charge. I’ve no idea why because I’m sure folk have talked about having to buy seats, so I’ve kind of assumed they might disappear at any time. But they have stayed the same and confirmed at check in.

did some more packing and an ‘almost’ final washing before settling in front if the tv in those big comfy recliners to watch the avengers civil war.

The boys played pool in the ad breaks!

We are out of the villa at 10am tomorrow and don’t need to be at the airport til 5. So since we have some luggage space, and need to spend some time somewhere with aircon, we may well do some shopping. Who knows.

Anyway. I really enjoyed my final chilled day in the sun. Perfect way to end the holiday before we go home to the Scottish weather!

Helen x

Edited at 04:06 AM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Perfect last relaxing day, hope you had a lovely time in the sun xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Sounds like bliss! Enjoy your last day and safe home!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

What heaven, enjoy your last day!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Aww it's finished. I really really enjoyed your TR Helen many thanks for sharing.

Old 18 Apr 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

What a lovely round off to your holiday . Safe journey home x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Enjoyed reading, hope you have a successful day shopping! Safe journey home x
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Noooooo I can't believe it's over already 🙈 but my god you have packed a lot in!

Absolutely amazing trippie and I've LOOOVED reading along, felt like I was the 5th member of the family 🤗😉

Poor Kevin getting a keecher! I had a wee giggle to myself thinking... That's what he gets for picking up the wrong Advil! 🤣 😂

Safe journey home 🏡 and glad you got 4 seats together and kept them! Hope all your Secrets get home safely 🙏.

D x

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Perfect way to spend the last day, hope you have a good flight.
Angela xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Sounds a perfect day to me sad your reports are coming to an end ,x
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List