Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 22, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Stylish recliner chair

Is there such a thing?

Hubby has to have an op and needs to sleep sitting up for a few days, thinking of buying a recliner but don't want anything ugly

Can you help please?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This advert came through under your thread. Not sure if it's any help but you may as well have it.😉

Can't share link but it's Grosvenor Mobility and it has a half price sale at the moment.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Check out 'tech sofa'
techsofa/sofas/arm-chair/

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I'm following this with interest as my mum is needing a new recliner too. I contacted Willowbrook and they won't give me a price without phoning them. I've just checked the Grovesner, and again, no prices without contacting them. It's very frustrating.
Old 20 Mar 22, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

stylish ? look up Eames or the cheaper copies

Edited at 03:01 AM.
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Dfs and sofology both do recliners with legs where the footstool unfolds out of the bottom. I prefer the look of these but if depends on your preferred style as to which you would like.

I also spotted this one in ikeA which is quite reasonable for a recliner but I don’t know how comfortable it would be for sleeping. You’d want to visit and sit on it.
ikea/gb/en/p/strandm...grey-50508708/
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 51-a- good year View Post
stylish ? look up Eames or the cheaper copies

Yes I have for a few years been interested in an Eames origional, second hand price for an origional can be 5-10K depending on condition. The fakes have different reviews some good, some not so good.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Thank you everyone, I will look at all the links.
Old 20 Mar 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I have been a huge Eames fan for years. The quality, design and attention to detail are second to none. Charles and Ray really were pioneers of the fast production of quality furniture post war and their thought process for how to achieve it during that time was amazing. One day I will treat myself to an Eames armchair to add to my collection.
For anyone interested in mid century modern design, you can actually visit the Eames house near LA.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We bought our current house off an elderly man I'd known since I was a little lad. (Next door to where I was brought up 😀 )
He had this Lazyboy recliner which he'd had for forever, since they first came out probably. Comfiest thing ever.
I've had it ever since, OH hates it, but I'm not getting rid (sitting in it now). She tries to put cushions and throws on it but I just move them.
We have fancy suite, all fancy furniture decorating etc. But my chair won't be moving, until they carry me out in it 😂
Guess it's 50 or 60 years old , still reclines perfectly like an old BA First Class seat.

Anyway after all that waffle...Lazyboys are brilliant if they still make them!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List