Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 May 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
MrsB87 did you take the I95/528 route or 192 ?
No idea! Followed the sat nav 😂 I’ll ask my other half when he wakes up.

Edited to add the 192 apparently. We just chose fastest route on Google maps.

Edited at 11:35 AM.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Travel Blog Jamie has posted a vlog of his TUI Gatwick to MCO flight if it's of interest
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by superry View Post
Travel Blog Jamie has posted a vlog of his TUI Gatwick to MCO flight if it's of interest
Thanks for sharing
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Jools
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by adamc33 View Post
We flew out from Birmingham last Thursday and flew back yesterday. Kids had chicken goujons with mini hash browns with peas and sweetcorn on way out and meatballs in marinara sauce with mashed potato on return. You do also get the free meal at MLB on the return leg and I’ve uploaded a picture of the options for that here.

What do you mean by a free meal? Is this at Melbourne when t you arrive to go home?...we are also doing the Birmingham flight in October 😁
Old 3 May 22, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
adamc33
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Princess Jools View Post
What do you mean by a free meal? Is this at Melbourne when t you arrive to go home?...we are also doing the Birmingham flight in October 😁
Yeah that’s right, they informed us at check in due to the large amount of construction going on there were no real retail outlets to eat at while waiting for the flight so they gave us a free voucher for a meal courtesy of the airport. Have to say it was a really nice gesture!
adamc33 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
AzureSky
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by superry View Post
I noticed on this you tube video that the TUI issued headphones had two prongs - does this mean you can't use your own headphones?
AzureSky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Has anybody heard when the new facilities are due to be opened at mlb. Is it this year?
Old 3 May 22, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AzureSky View Post
I noticed on this you tube video that the TUI issued headphones had two prongs - does this mean you can't use your own headphones?
I sat on the exit row on the way out, they need special two prong headphones and they leave a pair on your chair.

I sat in a normal seat on the return journey and couldn’t connect my AirPods so I asked for headphones and they gave me normal one prong ones. If you’re not exit row you’ll be fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttonsandbows
Getting to know the DIBB

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find any information on it here, or on TUI website, but if you are flying Premium with TUI do you also get the use of the lounge at Melbourne on return? Or is it just on the outbound airport in UK? Thanks in advance.
Buttonsandbows is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Buttonsandbows View Post
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find any information on it here, or on TUI website, but if you are flying Premium with TUI do you also get the use of the lounge at Melbourne on return? Or is it just on the outbound airport in UK? Thanks in advance.
I think it’s also on return leg, although I think lounge is a bit of a grand term for what’s currently at Melbourne. Sounds more like a cordoned off area.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List