Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jun 22, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

I know, I can’t see it at the window yet though. The sun is starting to shine at least
Old 7 Jun 22, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MissDior
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by VS075 View Post
Looks like todays Newcastle flight has diverted to MCO today. Wonder if it’s weather related (as a Delta flight diverted to TPA) or MLB airport was unavailable for a period of time for another reason.

Not sure if TUI will allow you the passengers to deboard in MCO or make them wait until the plane heads to MLB.
Yeah it was weather related. Because we were delayed in leaving Newcastle (no check in staff and then they inexplicably decided to not send the passengers to the gate) we arrived in the middle of a storm.

The pilot advised there was a Delta plane ahead of us that had made two failed attempts at landing, but it just wasn’t safe to do so and said this had actually left the Delta pilot feeling shaken.

No criticism at all towards the TUI cabin crew or the pilot, but without going into too much detail, the descent was a tad swift and ‘bumpy’ and there weren’t any sick bags in the seats…I’ll let you imagine what the aroma in the cabin was like! When we landed at MCO the cabin crew did a walk though collecting the sick bags - which are transparent!

All in all it was a very long day and we all just wanted to disembark at MCO, but no, we had to wait and wait and then head back to Melbourne
MissDior is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Goodness I can’t imagine how awful that decent was, we’ve just got back in the house so around 3 hours late. We had pretty rough turbulence most of the way back including some air time with bums off seats!
Have a lovely holiday
Old 7 Jun 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MissDior
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Wallefan View Post
Goodness I can’t imagine how awful that decent was, we’ve just got back in the house so around 3 hours late. We had pretty rough turbulence most of the way back including some air time with bums off seats!
Have a lovely holiday
oh dear! Not a restful return journey then.

To be honest, I think I’ve experienced worse along the eastern seaboard in the past, but it wasn’t nice and the plane was very warm which didn’t help. It sounded like an awful lot of adults and children were quite poorly

Thank you I hope you had a lovely time too despite the 3 hour delay.
MissDior is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Only downside it took almost 2 hours to get to his hotel on I-Drive 😟
Hope this helps
expected really its going to be 90 minutes travel from melbourne on a good day! Thats before the start of drop offs.
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

I thought I’d booked a sat nav when hiring the car but turns out I didn’t.
Is the drive from Melbourne to Orlando straight forward? We are staying in Disney. Are there tolls on the roads and are they cash and any idea how much?
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
Is the drive from Melbourne to Orlando straight forward? We are staying in Disney. Are there tolls on the roads and are they cash and any idea how much?
If you drive to the Disney area on the 192 there are no tolls
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
The drive is really easy to Disney area

Just come out jump on the 192 and stay on that road.

No tolls. Straight boring road till you get to built up area.
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post

We are going to use the 192 to the disney area and it looks quite easy to find the 192 from the airport
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Trueblue88 View Post
If you drive to the Disney area on the 192 there are no tolls
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post

Thank you.
Oh and the sat nav that I thought I’d booked,then didnae think I’d booked just arrived.
Doh…
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List