Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Mar 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Thanks for sharing this and looking forward to reading more to pick up some hints and tips. This will be our first year without a dining plan, so paying for food will be a bit of a shock to the system!
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Excellent thread for those of us budgeting and used to DDP

THANKS
I was worried about how we'd cope - we didn't have a car so no option to go off-site for meals or anything. But we managed very well. We're not drinkers so not having to buy alcohol helped. And we prefer the flexibility of quick service meals anyway, so only booking 3 table service meals helped keep the cost down.
Old 23 Mar 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
Wow brilliant thread... I know it can be done 'cheap' but seeing is it is brilliant. I did see a thread where the publix shop was horrendously expensive and that made me worry but this is really interesting to read.w
Well done! I hope you have a wonderful time in May and also do a trip report 😊
It's definitely doable - although I was aiming for around $70 a day I wasn't keeping track at the time and didn't really think we'd manage it. We weren't actively watching what we bought or trying to cut back - we always picked whatever we wanted off the menu regardless of price, if we wanted a snack we'd buy a snack, we didn't share things which were shareable if one person wanted a different flavour etc...

Yes we found some bits in Walmart quite expensive this time. We got some fruit for breakfasts and that was really expensive 🙁
Old 23 Mar 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
I was worried about how we'd cope - we didn't have a car so no option to go off-site for meals or anything. But we managed very well. We're not drinkers so not having to buy alcohol helped. And we prefer the flexibility of quick service meals anyway, so only booking 3 table service meals helped keep the cost down.
We like QS options too for the flexibility and are used to having the QSDP, so that's what we'll mainly be doing too.

The thing I'll miss most is eating our way around the world at the F&W festival without snack credits Previously we've just tried anything we fancied at pretty much every pavilion, but I think we'll have to be a bit more selective this time.

Love Blaze Pizza and know that we'll be visiting there fairly regularly!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We like QS options too for the flexibility and are used to having the QSDP, so that's what we'll mainly be doing too.

The thing I'll miss most is eating our way around the world at the F&W festival without snack credits Previously we've just tried anything we fancied at pretty much every pavilion, but I think we'll have to be a bit more selective this time.

Love Blaze Pizza and know that we'll be visiting there fairly regularly!
Agree about the F&W booths! We went through the menus beforehand and made a list of 5 or 6 things we really wanted to try. But we weren't feeling well on the day we did World Showcase so only ended up getting a few anyway.
Old 23 Mar 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
Day 10 - Lotus Blossom Cafe, Gideon's Bakehouse & Chicken Guy

We had lunch today at Lotus Blossom Cafe in the China pavillion at Epcot. Both of us got the Orange Chicken Combo and a large drink to share for $35.14. I wasn't that impressed with this although I've eaten hear a few times before and enjoyed it.

We went to Disney Springs again this evening. I was desperate to try some Gideon's cookies so as soon as we arrived we headed to Gideon's Bakehouse to join the queue. The line was long but we only ended up waiting about 30 minutes. Which is ridiculous for a cookie but it was worth it 😂 we got a chocolate chip cookie, double chocolate chip cookie and a slice of salted caramel cake. This cost $22.36.

They were amazing. Hands down the best cookie I've ever eaten. They're huge though, even J said we should have shared. We ended up eating half and saving the rest for the next day.

Same with the cake, we tried some once we'd got back to the room but finished it over the next couple of days. I won't bother getting the cake from here again. It was way too rich and sickly for me.

For dinner we went Chicken Guy. Our first time here and I liked it, although it was nothing special. Both of us got the Five Tender Combo for $29.75.

Day 10 -$87.24
Total so far - $696.90
Oh WOW looks amazing
Rich & sickly for me I’d love it 🙊🙊

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Enjoyed your post. Thanks for doing it. Helps to know the price of things before you go to help you budget. Will be definitely going to Gideon's for a cookie! We love the Big Pink donuts too. I think I could eat one by myself.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Some fantastic QS meals there, you sure didn't skimp on snacks yet the overall bill wasn't too eye watering. A fab read this evening. Thanks so much for sharing.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
beswicky2k
Excited about Disney

Really enjoyed reading your post... so much useful information... my husband and myself have the dining credit in September and this gives us a good idea of how far it can go
Old 23 Mar 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report thanks for sharing x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 22, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
UK-KIRK
Excited about Disney

UK-KIRK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab report, really good to see not everything is extortionate. Thanks for sharing.
UK-KIRK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List