Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Apr 22, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fabulous breakfast at I HOP and the picky dinner looks good. The pretzel and cheese looked huge, actually all the portions looked pretty big for appetizers.

I hope the next few days aren't too wet and you enjoy your shopping trips.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Fabulous breakfast at I HOP and the picky dinner looks good. The pretzel and cheese looked huge, actually all the portions looked pretty big for appetizers.

I hope the next few days aren't too wet and you enjoy your shopping trips.
They were huge. Never in my life have I been asked what side would I like with an appetizer but when we ordered the sliders we had options. 😂
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Those pancakes look good! Hope you have a lovely day today 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Your pancakes looked yummy I must try these next time in IHOP 😋😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

I definitely recommend the tres leches pancakes from IHOP. I was actually having a little sulk as I always want pancakes with nutella and they didn't have anything with nutella on the menu at all so these were what I settled for an I'm very glad I did!
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 04:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Day 2 - Brekkie in villa, Gideon's Cookie for lunch, cheesecake Factory for evening meal

We got up early this morning to head up to Kelly Springs for it opening so just had some Belvita biscuits for brekkie, nothing picture worthy for sure. We got to Kelly Springs for just before 8am opening and the queue down the road to get in was MILES long with police monitoring the road. We knew it got to capacity quickly on a weekend and looking at the queue we thought we'd have little chance of getting in so continued on to Wikiwa Springs State Park instead. This was lovely and we had a little walk around but left after about 1.5hrs as we weren't planing on swimming.

From here we headed to Winter Park which is absolutely lovely. We had a wonder around the farmers market, had a mooch around the shops and went on the scenic boat tour which was an hour well spent. For those interested its $16 for an adult and I'm not sure for kids. I would recommend this little town and the boat tour. It was just lovely. We did grab an almond croissant from Croissant Gourmet to eat on the boat but I forgot pics. Sorry!

We decided after the board tour to head back to the villa for a couple of hours in the pool before shopping. As we were not too far away, we thought it'd be rude not to call to Gideon's at East Park Market to pick up one of the April limited edition cookies since it's coconut and I am a coconut fiend and today is the last day of this flavour. Between the 3 of us we got 6 cookies. 2x chocolate and toasted coconut, 2x peanut butter chip, 1x cookies and cream and 1x triple chocolate. The cookies are $6 each plus tax to the box of 6 came to a little over $38.

When we got back to the villa, me and hubby shared the cookies and cream one with a cuppa and sister are half of one of the chocolate and coconut ones. I would give the cookies and cream an 8/10 but I'm not generally a cookies and cream lover, we got this one really for hubby. He said he thought it was a good cookie and have it 9/10. Sister is wishing we'd got more of the coconut ones and have it 10/10. I'm saving myself for the coconut one!

After a couple of hours in the pool we headed out to the Vineland outlets stopping first at Cheesecake Factory. When we checked in they told us 30-40 mins wait but we only waited around 20mins. By the time we ordered it was 5.02pm so just past the lunch menu finishing and the server was not going to let us order from that menu but as we pointed out we were seated a good 10 mins prior to it finishing, she let us order from it. Sister ordered her usual favourite of the chicken and avocado salad which she thoroughly enjoyed and gave a 10/10.

I ordered the chicken and broccoli pasta which was tasty but the cheese really smelled which was a bit off-putting as i'm not a huge cheese fan but it actually tasted better than it smelled. I'd give it 8/10.

Hubby ordered the chicken and avocado sandwich with fries which he enjoyed and rated 8.5/10 as the bread was a touch greasy. I had a bit of food envy as it looked delicious and was packed with filling.

We all had diet cokes to drink.

Of course you cannot go to cheesecake factory and not get cheesecake. My hubby is a massive cheesecake fan so this meal was all about the cheesecake. Both me and sister ordered the coconut cream pie. This was absolute delicious, 10/10. I was in coconut heaven and left the restaurant ready to burst!

Hubby ordered the chocolate pecan turtle cheesecake which he also thoroughly enjoyed. He gave it a 9/10 as he said it could have done without the chocolate fudge cream on top as it wasn't needed (he's not a cream fan anyway so that may have contributed to him not enjoying that element as much).

This came to $90.59 and we left a $20 tip.

Although it doesn't appear we've eaten so much today, we all feel really stuffed today and have decided tomorrow as we are spending the morning and early afternoon at the villa, we will have fruit/yogurt in the for brekkie and a sandwich/wrap for lunch to keep things light.

Edited at 02:09 PM.
Old 1 May 22, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a fantastic food day! You did well to fit in the cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory, that Coconut Cream pie looks amazing. 🤩
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the tip re winter garden, we may give it a go! Your description of your dish at Cheesecake Factory instantly reminded me of the raclette at Epcot in food and wine 🤢 Glad you enjoyed the cheesecake and cookies earlier in the day!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post
Day 2 - Brekkie in villa, Gideon's Cookie for lunch, cheesecake Factory for evening meal

We got up early this morning to head up to Kelly Springs for it opening so just had some Belvita biscuits for brekkie, nothing picture worthy for sure. We got to Kelly Springs for just before 8am opening and the queue down the road to get in was MILES long with police monitoring the road. We knew it got to capacity quickly on a weekend and looking at the queue we thought we'd have little chance of getting in so continued on to Wikiwa Springs State Park instead. This was lovely and we had a little walk around but left after about 1.5hrs as we weren't planing on swimming.

From here we headed to Winter Park which is absolutely lovely. We had a wonder around the farmers market, had a mooh around the shops and went on the scenic boat tour which was an hour well spent. I would recommend this little town and the boat tour. It was just lovely. We did grab an almond croissant from Croissant Gourmet to eat on the boat but I forgot pics. Sorry!

We decided after the board tour to head back to the villa for a couple of hours in the pool before shopping. As we were not too far away, we thought it'd be rude not to call to Gideon's at East Park Market to pick up one of the April limited edition cookies since it's coconut and I am a coconut fiend and today is the last day of this flavour. Between the 3 of us we got 6 cookies. 2x chocolate and toasted coconut, 2x peanut butter chip, 1x cookies and cream and 1x triple chocolate. When we got back to the villa, me and hubby shared the cookies and cream one with a cuppa and sister are half of one of the chocolate and coconut ones. I would give the cookies and cream an 8/10 but I'm.not generally a cookies and cream lover, we got this one really for hubby. He said he thought it was a good cookie and have it 9/10. Sister is wishing we'd got more of the coconut ones and have it 10/10. I'm saving myself for the coconut one!

After a couple of hours in the pool we headed out to the Vineland outlets stopping first at Cheesecake Factory. When we checked in they told us 30-40 mins wait but we only waited around 20mins. By the time we ordered it was 5.02pm so just past the lunch menu finishing and the server was not going to let us order from that menu but as we pointed out we were seated a good 10 mins prior to it finishing, she let us order from it. Sister ordered her usual favourite of the chicken and avocado salad which she thoroughly enjoyed and gave a 10/10.

I ordered the chicken and broccoli pasta which was tasty but the cheese really smelled which was a bit off-putting as i'm not a huge cheese fan but it actually tasted better than it smelled. I'd give it 8/10.

Hubby ordered the chicken and avocado sandwich with fries which he enjoyed and rated 8.5/10 as the bread was a touch greasy. I had a bit of food envy as it looked delicious and was packed with filling.

We all had diet cokes to drink.

Of course you cannot go to cheesecake factory and not get cheesecake. My hubby is a massive cheesecake fan so this meal was all about the cheesecake. Both me and sister ordered the coconut cream pie. This was absolute delicious, 10/10. I was in coconut heaven and left the restaurant ready to burst!

Hubby ordered the chocolate pecan turtle cheesecake which he also thoroughly enjoyed. He gave it a 9/10 as he said it could have done without the chocolate fudge cream on top as it wasn't needed (he's not a cream fan anyway so that may have contributed to him not enjoying that element as much).

Although it doesn't appear we've eaten so much today, we all feel really stuffed today and have decided tomorrow as we are spending the morning and early afternoon at the villa, we will have fruit/yogurt in the for brekkie and a sandwich/wrap for lunch to keep things light.
That coconut cream pie looks out of this world, definitely one to add to the list next time 😋😋
Your Hubby’s sarnie looks great too 😀

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a fantastic food day! You did well to fit in the cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory, that Coconut Cream pie looks amazing. 🤩
I definitely wouldn't have fitted it in if the pasta had been a full portion but I got the smaller lunch portion... still alot though. I didn't finish the cheesecake as I literally could not face another mouthful. I've woken up still Full and we ate early yesterday at 5pm!

Edited at 02:39 PM.