Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Apr 22, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellie live & indirect Apr22 - day 3, leaving RPR, shopping, park evening

I was wide awake at 5:15am so I did the trip report and tried to sleep a bit more but it wasn’t happening.

So I’m lying there in the dark pottering about on my phone for the next couple of hours coz I can’t turn a light on to read my book.

Original plan for today was up early and go to volcano bay for early entry, which kieran was up for but Hannah wanted a longer lie, Kevin wasn’t bothered about doing volcano bay at all, and I didn’t really mind either way. We eventually agreed to set alarms for 8am and to do volcano bay but not on early entry.

Kevin woke about 7:30 and he and kieran and I got up and went to breakfast, bringing back some water and cans for later. It was pretty dreich outside

This sign beside the mimosas made me chuckle this morning

When Hannah wanted to go along later for her breakfast, Kieran very kindly went along with her even though that meant the poor soul had to eat a whole other breakfast eh?!

Our dilemma about what to do today was decided for us by the weather.

So after a family pow wow the only real option today was shopping, which delighted Hannah. We rearranged our outfit choices as we no longer doing a water park which was simple enough as I had planned that into the packing cubes

We repacked the cases but again this is so much easier when using the packing cubes

Tied up the washing bag, put the extra water and cans into a wee coolbag to take with us.

9:50am and Kevin decided he was a bit peckish again so went to the lounge before closing at 10 to grab something. Of course kieran went with him. Just as well he is walking so much during the day or he will be the size of a house. They both came back with cheese n ham toasted bagels. Can’t say we haven’t had our use of club that’s for sure.

Check out is at 11 so we just relaxed in the room another half hr and Hannah had a wee disco nap.

Check out is automatic so no need to stop in the lobby which was heaving with the queue right out up to the main door. Lots to be said for checking in early.

We have absolutely LOVED this stay and beforehand I thought all 4 of us being in the one room now that the kids are older might be too much but it’s been totally fine.

Headed to International premium outlets and parked up. We don’t really need a map now we’ve been here so many times.

North face first. I got a light grey zip hoody, Hannah got a black zip fleece, kieran got a tshirt from the clearance section

Polo women next where I tried on 2 jumpers I loved but I needed a smaller size which they didn’t have. I will check the other polo store if we go there though.

Victoria’s Secret next. We didn’t buy anything here either. Hannah wasn’t enamoured with what they had and I didn’t even really look at undies as I just don’t need them.

I did have a look at some bikinis but like the bras you have to find a matching bottom & top in the right sizes and I kept only find one ort other so gave up.

The rain was torrential now so thank the lord we hadn’t gone to volcano bay

Rue 21 had lots of wee dresses and tops for young folk so Hannah tried quite a few bits on in here but only bought a wee necklace

I sneaked into the Lindt shop and bought the the 75 piece bag. Cannot resist

My favourite Kate Spade ♠️

I bought a wee black purse/wallet and umpteen pairs of earrings which were my wish list for this store before coming out here. I also wanted a necklace but nothing I fancied.

and Hannah bought a wee handbag and matching wallet

We also went into Guess & Calvin Klein which in years past we have bought loads from, but it was as if it was all the rubbish leftover stock they had in. There didn’t seem to be the usual stock of really nice things that were just past season. It was quite disappointing.

We ran canopy to canopy not very successfully dodging the rain to meet the boys in the food court. Hannah and I shared a Chinese combo of orange chicken, chicken broccoli and fried rice

Kieran had a Texas Club Sandwich with fries

And Kevin had chicken teriyaki from the Japanese

Kevin had bought a few things for Kieran but hadn’t found any bargains.

It was now nearly 3pm and we left the boys to do one final shop.

Passed B&BW as I wasn’t queuing to get in.

I knew the minute we walked into Charlotte Russe we were going to be a while. It just had Hannah’s name written all over it. We were in here for 45 minutes. Kevin eventually texted to say they were away back to the car as there had been a break in the rain.

I was Hannahs wee servant handing things in and out of the changing room and running back n forth changing for other sizes.

But she was happy with what she got so that’s all that matters.

The rain was still monsoon like so Hannah and I got soaked getting back to the car.

Programmed waze for the drive to Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando. On the way we passed a big group of people on the pavement and I realised it was Icon Park and they were looking at floral tributes. Oh dear lord - I had to turn my face away. Can’t even think about it.

Arrived at Rosen Pointe to check in. This really is our go to for a clean cheap hotel with great access to everything you need. We have 2 rooms for the next 3 nights and when we checked in she asked if we wanted a high or low floor, then just pointed to the map and asked us to choose where we wanted. I chose block A overlooking the pool. She looked at the system and said she could give us adjacent rooms on the 2nd floor there. Perfect. Nice n near the exit when walking out to restaurants.

this is the view from the room. That’ll do me.

It was 5pm and the kids wanted to know what we were doing tonight. Everyone agreed we were too full from the food court to go out to dinner at a normal time, so the kids suggested going back to the parks tonight since our express passes are still valid til park close.

Kevin and I agreed. I lay down for a wee rest while Kevin went over to Walgreens for some beer and Seagrams for the room.

We left the Rosen at 18:15 and drove to universal. Drove through the car park kiosks which had all the barriers up and a big neon sign saying free parking.

18:37 parked in the jaws section

Kieran and Kevin were desperate to do Velocicoaster which was showing a 45m wait so they powered up ahead to that while Hannah and I strolled behind.

It was quite chilly tonight so I was glad I had put on my cardigan and then on top Kevin’s wee jacket, even though it was massive on me. When Hannah came to our door she was horrified ‘what are you wearing? ’ It wasn’t that when she was cold and needed my cardi!

We watched the roller coaster looping around from the bridge and managed to spot the boys and get a quick video and picture. Kieran was a very happy boy having had another go on it.

Walked round to Hogsmead and noticed Hagrid was closing early again. I suppose they are trying to close it by 8 so the ride is cleared by 10. We had already decided we weren’t queuing for it tonight as it would take most of our time. Instead we were going to make use of the last of the express passes.

Forbidden journey was 15m so with the passes we walked on.

Then off and onto the Hogwarts Express over to universal studios.

When off the train we turned up into Diagon Alley and up to Gringotts which was 35m standby so again a walk on for us.

We had the very back row last night for the first time ever and thought it was even better. Higher first drop and could see more of the CGI in parts. So tonight Kevin asked for the back seat and the girl put us there. Loved it again.

Then to transformers which was a 20m wait so again a walk on. Or it would have been if we weren’t held at boarding for 20 minutes due to ‘technical difficulties’. They just kept sending it round empty. Eventually they ‘fixed it’. Aye. Off we went and got about 2 thirds of the way round the ride when it suddenly all froze. Then the walls all went black and we lowered to another floor. The vehicle turned around and out to the usual end of the ride. They offered for us to go straight back on but we declined.

We came out and Hannah was on a mission to squeeze in Men In Black before the the park closed so she marched us right over the other side of the park. I couldn’t keep up! It was 20m wait so a walk on for us. Both Hannah and kieran got the red button this time so both happy.

It was now 9:50 so we started to walk down through the park. A lot more slowly thankfully! I do really like being in the parks at night all lit up. We’ve not really done that at Universal before. And I like that some rides feel different in the dark.

Up into Citywalk and the kids and Kevin were needing something to eat. The one night I had nothing booked in Citywalk. Typical! So we just headed up to Burger King and got some meals. Tasty and just hit the spot.

Out to the garage, programmed Waze and did the 10 minute drive home.

I’m now sitting with my poor feet raised on pillows while Kevin has a beer and tries to find something on telly.

Despite being a rubbish weather day I think we really managed to get the best out of it with shopping during the day and hammering the express passes at night.

A much slower day tomorrow and I’m not sure which part of my body will thank me more. My feet, my hips, or my lungs!

Night all! X

Edited at 05:09 AM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

A great day despite the weather
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great stuff!
Yes, the weather is not perfect, but you worked around it and seem to have achieved loads by being flexible.
Here’s to improvements and no rain tomorrow!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about the weather but on the plus side it meant you could go shopping 🛍
You managed to get some really nice things and I love the bag and purse Hannah bought
Old 8 Apr 22, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
It’s always good to be flexible with your plans, especially with weather like that! You did well at the outlets and your lunch looked delicious. I love the parks at night, it is a totally different atmosphere, especially the HP areas. Another great day. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Good to use the rainy day to get your shopping done

You didn’t ‘do a Stephen’ in the end then

I love the parks at night too, they feel different in the dark. You’re doing well with walking on the rides, the express system at US is so good. Queues don’t seem too bad without either compared with what I’ve heard about Disney.

Looking forward to seeing what you get up to today, have fun! x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
I was wide awake at 5:15am so I did the trip report and tried to sleep a bit more but it wasn’t happening.

So I’m lying there in the dark pottering about on my phone for the next couple of hours coz I can’t turn a light on to read my book.

Original plan for today was up early and go to volcano bay for early entry, which kieran was up for but Hannah wanted a longer lie, Kevin wasn’t bothered about doing volcano bay at all, and I didn’t really mind either way. We eventually agreed to set alarms for 8am and to do volcano bay but not on early entry.

Kevin woke about 7:30 and he and kieran and I got up and went to breakfast, bringing back some water and cans for later. It was pretty dreich outside

This sign beside the mimosas made me chuckle this morning

When Hannah wanted to go along later for her breakfast, Kieran very kindly went along with her even though that meant the poor soul had to eat a whole other breakfast eh?!

Our dilemma about what to do today was decided for us by the weather.

So after a family pow wow the only real option today was shopping, which delighted Hannah. We rearranged our outfit choices as we no longer doing a water park which was simple enough as I had planned that into the packing cubes

We repacked the cases but again this is so much easier when using the packing cubes

Tied up the washing bag, put the extra water and cans into a wee coolbag to take with us.

9:50am and Kevin decided he was a bit peckish again so went to the lounge before closing at 10 to grab something. Of course kieran went with him. Just as well he is walking so much during the day or he will be the size of a house. They both came back with cheese n ham toasted bagels. Can’t say we haven’t had our use of club that’s for sure.

Check out is at 11 so we just relaxed in the room another half hr and Hannah had a wee disco nap.

Check out is automatic so no need to stop in the lobby which was heaving with the queue right out up to the main door. Lots to be said for checking in early.

We have absolutely LOVED this stay and beforehand I thought all 4 of us being in the one room now that the kids are older might be too much but it’s been totally fine.

Headed to International premium outlets and parked up. We don’t really need a map now we’ve been here so many times.

North face first. I got a light grey zip hoody, Hannah got a black zip fleece, kieran got a tshirt from the clearance section

Polo women next where I tried on 2 jumpers I loved but I needed a smaller size which they didn’t have. I will check the other polo store if we go there though.

Victoria’s Secret next. We didn’t buy anything here either. Hannah wasn’t enamoured with what they had and I didn’t even really look at undies as I just don’t need them.

I did have a look at some bikinis but like the bras you have to find a matching bottom & top in the right sizes and I kept only find one ort other so gave up.

The rain was torrential now so thank the lord we hadn’t gone to volcano bay

Rue 21 had lots of wee dresses and tops for young folk so Hannah tried quite a few bits on in here but only bought a wee necklace

I sneaked into the Lindt shop and bought the the 75 piece bag. Cannot resist

My favourite Kate Spade ♠️

I bought a wee black purse/wallet and umpteen pairs of earrings which were my wish list for this store before coming out here. I also wanted a necklace but nothing I fancied.

and Hannah bought a wee handbag and matching wallet

We also went into Guess & Calvin Klein which in years past we have bought loads from, but it was as if it was all the rubbish leftover stock they had in. There didn’t seem to be the usual stock of really nice things that were just past season. It was quite disappointing.

We ran canopy to canopy not very successfully dodging the rain to meet the boys in the food court. Hannah and I shared a Chinese combo of orange chicken, chicken broccoli and fried rice

Kieran had a Texas Club Sandwich with fries

And Kevin had chicken teriyaki from the Japanese

Kevin had bought a few things for Kieran but hadn’t found any bargains.

It was now nearly 3pm and we left the boys to do one final shop.

Passed B&BW as I wasn’t queuing to get in.

I knew the minute we walked into Charlotte Russe we were going to be a while. It just had Hannah’s name written all over it. We were in here for 45 minutes. Kevin eventually texted to say they were away back to the car as there had been a break in the rain.

I was Hannahs wee servant handing things in and out of the changing room and running back n forth changing for other sizes.

But she was happy with what she got so that’s all that matters.

The rain was still monsoon like so Hannah and I got soaked getting back to the car.

Programmed waze for the drive to Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando. On the way we passed a big group of people on the pavement and I realised it was Icon Park and they were looking at floral tributes. Oh dear lord - I had to turn my face away. Can’t even think about it.

Arrived at Rosen Pointe to check in. This really is our go to for a clean cheap hotel with great access to everything you need. We have 2 rooms for the next 3 nights and when we checked in she asked if we wanted a high or low floor, then just pointed to the map and asked us to choose where we wanted. I chose block A overlooking the pool. She looked at the system and said she could give us adjacent rooms on the 2nd floor there. Perfect. Nice n near the exit when walking out to restaurants.

this is the view from the room. That’ll do me.

It was 5pm and the kids wanted to know what we were doing tonight. Everyone agreed we were too full from the food court to go out to dinner at a normal time, so the kids suggested going back to the parks tonight since our express passes are still valid til park close.

Kevin and I agreed. I lay down for a wee rest while Kevin went over to Walgreens for some beer and Seagrams for the room.

We left the Rosen at 18:15 and drove to universal. Drove through the car park kiosks which had all the barriers up and a big neon sign saying free parking.

18:37 parked in the jaws section

Kieran and Kevin were desperate to do Velocicoaster which was showing a 45m wait so they powered up ahead to that while Hannah and I strolled behind.

It was quite chilly tonight so I was glad I had put on my cardigan and then on top Kevin’s wee jacket, even though it was massive on me. When Hannah came to our door she was horrified ‘what are you wearing? ’ It wasn’t that when she was cold and needed my cardi!

We watched the roller coaster looping around from the bridge and managed to spot the boys and get a quick video and picture. Kieran was a very happy boy having had another go on it.

Walked round to Hogsmead and noticed Hagrid was closing early again. I suppose they are trying to close it by 8 so the ride is cleared by 10. We had already decided we weren’t queuing for it tonight as it would take most of our time. Instead we were going to make use of the last of the express passes.

Forbidden journey was 15m so with the passes we walked on.

Then off and onto the Hogwarts Express over to universal studios.

When off the train we turned up into Diagon Alley and up to Gringotts which was 35m standby so again a walk on for us.

We had the very back row last night for the first time ever and thought it was even better. Higher first drop and could see more of the CGI in parts. So tonight Kevin asked for the back seat and the girl put us there. Loved it again.

Then to transformers which was a 20m wait so again a walk on. Or it would have been if we weren’t held at boarding for 20 minutes due to ‘technical difficulties’. They just kept sending it round empty. Eventually they ‘fixed it’. Aye. Off we went and got about 2 thirds of the way round the ride when it suddenly all froze. Then the walls all went black and we lowered to another floor. The vehicle turned around and out to the usual end of the ride. They offered for us to go straight back on but we declined.

We came out and Hannah was on a mission to squeeze in Men In Black before the the park closed so she marched us right over the other side of the park. I couldn’t keep up! It was 20m wait so a walk on for us. Both Hannah and kieran got the red button this time so both happy.

It was now 9:50 so we started to walk down through the park. A lot more slowly thankfully! I do really like being in the parks at night all lit up. We’ve not really done that at Universal before. And I like that some rides feel different in the dark.

Up into Citywalk and the kids and Kevin were needing something to eat. The one night I had nothing booked in Citywalk. Typical! So we just headed up to Burger King and got some meals. Tasty and just hit the spot.

Out to the garage, programmed Waze and did the 10 minute drive home.

I’m now sitting with my poor feet raised on pillows while Kevin has a beer and tries to find something on telly.

Despite being a rubbish weather day I think we really managed to get the best out of it with shopping during the day and hammering the express passes at night.

A much slower day tomorrow and I’m not sure which part of my body will thank me more. My feet, my hips, or my lungs!

Night all! X
Love Hannah’s new bag & purse so cute 🥰🥰
We also love Rosen Hotels cheap & cheerful more money for shopping
Enjoy x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nothing like a shopping day followed by evening parks

Another great day.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Mobile

Great day and glad the weather didn’t stop you.

Shopping with teenagers is fun isn’t it…. My two still have Christmas money left and a birthday each before we go so they can “shop till they drop”

You certainly got your moneys worth from the club room. Your posts are making me so excited for our trip.
Old 8 Apr 22, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
You definitely made the most of your date, despite the rain. It was you that introduced me to Kate Spade - I bought a lovely bag there last time as did DD and we can't wait to go again this time. Looks like the bargains aren't what they once were in the other stores though.