Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 May 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rocking Ewok
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
p

Don't care about the money, or extracting as much as I can from Disney. Just lucky to be alive, well, and have the money to go there in the first place. I'll be soaking in the gratitude rather than any negativity from the more demanding guests ☺️
I don’t think it’s about extracting as much as you can from Disney or being demanding to expect the basics are right such as merchandise that is not faulty, unless you would be grateful to have damaged items?

I don’t mind the prices, but I do expect to get undamaged goods.
I’m really grateful to be able to go on holiday and to be able to absorb increased costs, but not grateful or in awe of Disney for allowing me to spend money with them.

Had a really good time at the various Disney parks and the firework shows have been awesome. The photo pass has worked really well for us and used that for some great photos.
Just a shame some of the basics that have made Disney stand out have slipped, not all CMs but some just seem disinterested.
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
The share price has dropped to pre pandemic levels but most US stocks have faced similar losses due to the market conditions over the last 5 months this is not related to Disney World experience
Whatever it’s related to, the fact is that they have dropped, and it’s not true to claim otherwise; that’s all I was pointing out.

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

The potential loss of RCID and the resignation of the Chief Corporate Affairs officer won’t be helping…
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
The share price has dropped to pre pandemic levels but most US stocks have faced similar losses due to the market conditions over the last 5 months this is not related to Disney World experience
Spot on.

It's not even a thing really, all companies are the same. Disney stock is back at 2019 levels when it was considered to be doing extremely well. There is absolutely nothing impacting Disney stock any differently to any other companies.

Here is Universal for comparison. Almost identical:

There is no link between any benign criticism of Disney, and stock levels, as much as some want to claim so to align with a negative opinion 😉 [Edit: that's not about anyone on the thread by the way, just general stock market conditions/opinions. No offence intended 🙃]

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Spot on.

It's not even a thing really, all companies are the same. Disney stock is back at 2019 levels when it was considered to be doing extremely well. There is absolutely nothing impacting Disney stock any differently to any other companies.

Here is Universal for comparison. Almost identical:

There is no link between any benign criticism of Disney, and stock levels, as much as some want to claim so to align with a negative opinion 😉 [Edit: that's not about anyone on the thread by the way, just general stock market conditions/opinions. No offence intended 🙃]
"There is no link between any benign criticism of Disney, and stock levels, as much as some want to claim so to align with a negative opinion".

Can you come over to the Chapek Effect thread in General Chat and explain that to one or two certain DIBBers over there? Thanks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by CuteLioness View Post

A quick Google finds this… the share price *has* dropped significantly in the last 6 months, and although it has rallied a little in the last week, the general trend is downward. So I’m not sure where you get the idea that the share price isn’t dropping from…
I didn't say that the share price wasn't dropping. I agree that it's dropped quite a lot in the last 6 months.

I said that I don't believe the share price is dropping for the reasons mentioned in this thread. And, thus, the folk in charge would not be fired for the reasons mentioned in this thread either.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

The stock has dropped probably because its over priced and based on speculation and disney plus growth which has now slowed so we will see when disneys plans for disney plus start falling into place like lauching in lots of other regions and merging with hullu in the US. If their plans work and growth continues I think stock prices will go up. IMO. if not heads will roll
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I didn't say that the share price wasn't dropping. I agree that it's dropped quite a lot in the last 6 months.

I said that I don't believe the share price is dropping for the reasons mentioned in this thread. And, thus, the folk in charge would not be fired for the reasons mentioned in this thread either.
Apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying.

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Did you choose to go and live there or were you forced into it? If it's your choice you can't complain.
Do people choose to go to Disney or are they forced into it? If it’s their choice then they can’t complain.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Did you choose to go and live there or were you forced into it? If it's your choice you can't complain.
Huh? By that logic, anyone that chooses anything can't complain about that thing if it turns out that it doesn't meet expections or the required standards. Really?

So if you choose a hotel, go and stay at the hotel, and the hotel you chose turns out to be dirty, noisy and full of rude staff then you can't complain because you weren't forced to go to that hotel?

In 123's case, I don't think they were actually complaining. They were simply pointing out that things are more expensive in Sydney than they are at DisneyWorld.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~