Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 May 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

ESTA application for those retired

Having recently retired, DH and I will be applying for our first Estas as retirees. What do other Dibbers put for the question about employment? Do you answer Retired, or give details of your last employer?

We want to be honest but also don't want to prejudice our chances of the Esta being granted. Thanks
Summerfun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I am sure Mick (ESTA expert) always puts his last employer, even though through the years it is meaningless, as many old employers cease to trade over the years.

I put my last employer and l am retired.

Disney332
Old 2 May 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

My parents, long since retired, just put their last employers in. Like a lot of the form, it's pretty meaningless.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

My parents both put their last employers.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I just put “retired” as that is what I am. My previous occupation is meaningless as I am no longer salaried by them (although I know what I used to do as when they scan my paper is comes up - always a talking point !)

Edited at 10:46 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd put retired. I think previous employer details are more relevant for those in between jobs rather than actually employed. Employment status is a normal visa question, I see no reason retired wouldn't be an acceptable response I know my dad puts that on his.

The answer that it is just a test question for them to ask on arrival is just a myth so just be honest and maybe check what pops up as additional jnformation if you hover over the ? Symbol.

Edited at 11:01 AM.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When I did ESTA’s for my mum I just put her last employer even though she’s retired.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Does the help box not tell you to put your last employer?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I put Crown Prosecution even though Im now retired
Old 2 May 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

DH is retired and we put his last official employment.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List