Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 May 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Pixie Dust Needed for my Poorly Cat

Hi Everyone

I wouldn’t normally do this, but please can you all spare a good thought and pixie dust for my poor cat Mia-Cat (lovingly called Moo)

He is going to the vets in a couple of hours. I don’t know what’s wrong with him, he’s lost a lot of weight, and he’s not his normal chatty self at all.

I’ve had him since I rescued him at 4 weeks old in 2009. He and his brother are my absolute everything. It’s just me and them at home.

He’s a big snuggler, we have spooned since he was a baby. The last 2 nights he’s not even come to bed.

I’m praying it’s something that’s an easy fix. I can’t be without him

I don’t even know why I’m writing this, I’m just sitting waiting until it’s time to wrestle him into the basket and go, and my thoughts are really upsetting me.

Sorry for the ramble, and thanks in advance

Gill
Old 23 May 22, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Aww Gill, sending lots of get well wishes, I hope he gets on ok. Sending you a hug too, it sounds like you could do with it. Pets have a way of creeping into our hearts, I would feel exactly the same as you x
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Good luck at the vet.

It's horrible when they don't seem to be well but sometimes they just need some simple anti-biotics or anti-inflammatories and they perk up quickly. My 19 year old cat has had me worried a few times so I know the feeling x
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Good luck Moo. Hopefully the vet will work his magic. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Fingers and paws crossed here that it's something easily remedied
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it.

He lost quite a bit of weight a few months back (noticeable as he’s a huge cat), but started to slowly put some back on and was his normal self.

I’ve not long come back from holiday, and he has lost so much weight. He’s still eating as he normally would (eat the house one day, pick the next), but this weekend he’s not been himself. He’s not even chased me to the bathroom to turn the tap on for him.

He’s normally so vocal, and he’s really quiet. I’ve not really slept last night worrying about him.

I really hope it’s something simple that can be easily fixed
Old 23 May 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jhart
Very Serious Dibber

Completely understand, I’ve had a cat who was a real snuggler too. Sending plenty of pixie dust your way xx
Old 23 May 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
So he’s seen the vets, and they’ve requested me to bring him straight to their larger surgery in the next town as he’s struggling with his breathing now

They’ve got him on oxygen, and have tried to do a cannula but he wasn’t having any of it. They’ve x-rated him and there is fluid on his chest which they are now attempting to drain.

If they can drain that then they will go back to the cannula and fully examine him
Old 23 May 22, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

awww poor Moo.

really hope its nothing too serious, its heartbreaking when pets are ill xx
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I hope your kitty is feeling much better soon and they are able to diagnose and treat quickly.

My cat collapsed with fluid on his chest, unable to walk and breathing issues 3.5 yrs ago and it turned out to be a heart problem. He is now well medicated but is fine in his day to day life and just as snuggly as he used to be.
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List