Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 May 22, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Quick freshen up for dinner then back into Disneyland Park. Caught the parade at the train station, more kisses and waves from the Princesses for her, she was just having a perfect day and was just grinning the whole time!

Ariel was there too, the Princesses were all just amazing!

We had a problem with the food though, DS ordered halibut and it was raw in the middle, DIL ordered the same and hers was cold.
We called the server over, and they replaced their meals, though they both decided they would have the beef instead, which I had and it was lovley.

There was no fuss and they offered us free drinks which we declined, as we were just happy to have the meal replaced.
It was a lovley experience, and DGD absolutely loved it. Again, quite expensive but absolutely priceless.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I have no words, your DGD face says it all. Every penny spent on the trip was worth it 💞

Sorry the meal wasn’t so good though, but good news that they dealt with it well.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have no words, your DGD face says it all. Every penny spent on the trip was worth it 💞

Sorry the meal wasn’t so good though, but good news that they dealt with it well.
Thank you❤️

Yesterday was just so magical from start to finish for her ( and me!).

All the stress about how she would be just melted away, I think I’m just a worrier for nothing when it comes to her!

It was disappointing about the food, but it was dealt with very efficiently and without fuss, and DGD never even knew about it, she was so busy watching out for the Princesses!
It was made worse I guess by the fact it’s €79 Euros a head, but then I guess it doesn’t how matter it costs you should expect your food to be cooked! It didn’t spoil the night at all really.

Today the plan is Big Thunder at Extra Magic time( hopefully) then work our way through as many rides as possible, get a good viewing spot for the 30 th parade and then have lunch and an afternoon break .

I’m not very good at having breaks, I just want to soak every minute in, I often go off and have a coffee somewhere and a wander!
Old 30 May 22, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
So pleased to hear travel day went well and your DGD is feeling well (with the aid of a little calpol 😀 ). I think I’ll pack my slippers for Sequioa Lodge if the carpets are a little old and worn, overall it sounds quite nice though.
Can’t wait to read the rest of your report 😀
Honestly, the carpet wasn’t dirty at SL, talking to son he says he thinks it’s just to give it a ‘Lodge’ feel, you will know what I mean when you see it!

The resort itself is gorgeous, in fact I’m gonna have a wander down there now (6am) as DGD left her Minnie Mouse toy in the room but don’t think we will get it back.Don’t think it will be a big deal though if she can have a new one!
Old 30 May 22, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Well this view never gets old

I’m not a Marvel fan but so glad these guys are taking care of the joint while we are asleep

View from our room
Old 30 May 22, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Sounds like a great start to your trip! Your little GD’s face just sums it up. She looks so happy!

Hope you have another fantastic day today!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you are having a great time! At that young age they are just so in awe of it all. X like you say the worries melt away when you see their eyes light up. X
Old 30 May 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

What an amazing day 🤩
Your Granddaughter will remember this forever 💕💕💕
MAGICAL 🎊🎉

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone for reading along and all your lovley comments.

We managed to get an early start and straight to Big Thunder Mountain! It said a 5 min wait but was really 45. DGD was sat in the front with her mummy, was so funny she kept putting her little arms up in the air going downhill etc and I was behind her hanging on for dear life! We got the ride photo as it was so funny and it will be a nice little memory for her.

At this point it was getting on for ten, and I knew 5he very spot I wanted for the 30 th celebration parade, between the two front stages where the characters actually dance across from stage to stage and a brilliant opportunity to get up close to them! DGD had her Tiana dress on as Tiana is one of her faves and she is the main Princess in the parade.

DH and I went to get the spot, DS and DIL took GD on a couple of fantasy land rides until the parade was starting. Wow people are so competitive to get that good spot! People were jostling to get in but I’d been planning this for months and I wasn’t moving!
When DGD came back with her mummy and daddy we put her right in the front where she would see the characters. It was just fantastic, she was getting loads of attention off Minnie and the gang, they were actually coming up to her and hugging and high fiving her, and when Tiana came she actually curtsied to DGD as she had her dress on!

Well it was all just so magical again and DGD was just beaming, and to top it off at the end of her dance Tiana came and gave DGD a hug!

After the parade we went on Pirates of the Caribbean, it’s quite a bit different from the WDW one, I would say it’s actually better!

We had lunch at Cowboy Cookout, it’s barbecue food, was fairly decent for QS food, and while we were sitting there Goofy, who does a meet and greet near there, ran past pretending to be bursting for the loo, it was so funny.

We went back to the hotel for a nap, well I walked to Cheyenne and Santa Fe in search of 30 th Merch but alas there’s hardly any to be found anywhere. Well not what me and Enchanted are after anyway!

We went into Studios park at 5 pm, following a helpful tip I got on here, did The Magic Carpet ride and Slinky Dog, then decided on Annettes Diner for tea, as Rainforest Que was really long .

I was disappointed with Annettes, felt my burger was tasteless and the chips weren’t nice at all. I did enjoy the cheesecake though!
All in all we thought the food was mediocre and I wouldn’t rush back. It was very busy though, and the service was pretty prompt so credit where it’s due there.

We wandered back and DGD declared she wants to go up in the hot air balloon, so hoping we can do that tomorrow afternoon.She had a little run around before bed on the green in front of the hotel which used to be an ice rink. I don’t know where she gets the energy!

She is still spiking an occasional temp though perfectly fine in herself. So a bit worrying but she seems ok so fingers crossed it’s nothing.

Had a good old Mickey Ice cream today, they are much smaller here!
Old 31 May 22, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Aww I’m so pleased you’re having a brilliant time! Loving reading along! We love DLP so can’t wait to read more! You’re GD is lovely & looks like she’s having the best time!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List