Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Jun 22, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Last full day🙁.
Managed to get to the park for opening, managed Peter Pan, Dumbo, Snow White, Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Tours before me and DH went to get our prime position for the 12.15 Dream and Shine Brighter parade. As usual, DGD had her Tiana dress on and got lots of high fives, kisses blown and waves off the characters and dancers as they danced in front of us and moved across the stages. And the usual piece de resistance when Tiana came and gave her a hug again at the end of the show!

DGD was on cloud nine again, and when she says ‘ what ride are we going on next nana?’ everyone just laughs but my heart melts! She knows nana has it all sorted!

I had wanted to go to Bella Notte for a Mickey shaped pizza, but they had popped into videopolis for a drink while we had gone to get the parade spot ( man it is hot today!) and there was a little dance troup on the stage doing a little show and she was desperate to see them again, as she goes to a little dance class. So that’s where we ended up for lunch, we just had burgers but the celebration burger was pretty nice, much better than Annette’s!

DGDs favourite ride is Big Thunder Mountain, it is so funny sitting behind her she puts her little arms up in the air all the time I swear she has no fear! Anyway, that was our last ride of the morning, we came back and tried to get on the hot air balloon but it was too breezy. We had a beer again in Bleecker st bar, sat outside in the sun, it’s like Florida weather!

DGD hopefully having a long nap now, dinner at Plaza Garden at 9 then hopefully the fireworks. Flight home is at 9.30 pm tomorrow so we might get a few hours in the park, DGD wants to ride the Magic Carpet ride in her Jasmine outfit and get her face painted again, so hopefully we can do those two things!

Edited at 03:45 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Dinner at Plaza Gardens was amazing in terms of meeting the characters, the food not so much. At €69 Euros a head I just expected it to be better. It was ok, certainly better than Annettes, just felt like low quality cuts of meat etc. There was skirt steak which felt quite tough , ‘ roast piglet’ which made me feel I was eating Piglet! I ended up just eating some salmon and Mickey shaped potatoes!

The characters were amazing though, and our table was right next to the door where the characters went for a ‘ break’ every 15 mins, ( it was so hot, I don’t know how they didn’t melt in those suits!) so every time they walked past they blew DGD a kiss or patted her on the head and of course she loved all the attention! We saw Tigger, Pluto, Goofy, Mickey and Donald.

After dinner we walked up to the edge of Discoveryland, just outside Buzz Lightyear, where there is a bit of a wall and we stood against that and had a good view of the castle.

Some ( I’m pretty sure they were French) dads climbed up the rocks there, they must be about 8 feet tall, and took their sons up, to watch the fireworks. It was disgraceful really, but thankfully some cast members came and asked them to get down.

Anyways, we all enjoyed the drone show and the fireworks, it was lovley to see DGD on her daddy’s shoulders singing along to the 30 th anniversary song that I’ve been teaching her for weeks! It was the usual crowds to leave the park and really bad until you got past the point where people went one way to to the train station and hotel guests the other way.
We got back by midnight, tomorrow it’s home!
[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/p

Edited at 10:55 AM.
Old 4 Jun 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Dinner at Plaza Gardens was amazing in terms of meeting the characters, the food not so much. At €69 Euros a head I just expected it to be better. It was ok, certainly better than Annettes, just felt like low quality cuts of meat etc. There was skirt steak which felt quite tough , ‘ roast piglet’ which made me feel I was eating Piglet! I ended up just eating some salmon and Mickey shaped potatoes!

The characters were amazing though, and our table was right next to the door where the characters went for a ‘ break’ every 15 mins, ( it was so hot, I don’t know how they didn’t melt in those suits!) so every time they walked past they blew DGD a kiss or patted her on the head and of course she loved all the attention! We saw Tigger, Pluto, Goofy, Mickey and Donald.

After dinner we walked up to the edge of Discoveryland, just outside Buzz Lightyear, where there is a bit of a wall and we stood against that and had a good view of the castle.

Some ( I’m pretty sure they were French) dads climbed up the rocks there, they must be about 8 feet tall, and took their sons up, to watch the fireworks. It was disgraceful really, but thankfully some cast members came and asked them to get down.

Anyways, we all enjoyed the drone show and the fireworks, it was lovley to see DGD on her daddy’s shoulders singing along to the 30 th anniversary song that I’ve been teaching her for weeks! It was the usual crowds to leave the park and really bad until you got past the point where people went one way to to the train station and hotel guests the other way.
We got back by midnight, tomorrow it’s home!
[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/p
Beautiful photos of your adorable Granddaughter 🥰

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Beautiful photos of your adorable Granddaughter 🥰
Thanks Claire. I’m missing her today having spent the full week with her!

Last day.

Well it was a late night last night after the fireworks so we told DS and DIL to sleep later, flight not til 9.30 pm and hotel checkout at 11am.

Me and DH had already packed ( well that means I had already packed obviously!) so we went to the Studios park for 8 am, rode Tower of Terror and then went into Disneyland Park and had a coffee and a pastry on Main St and enjoyed the music and people watching!

We had arranged to go back to pick DGD up at 10 and take her to Studios Park to get her face painted again and ride the Magic Carpet ride in her Jasmine outfit while her mummy and daddy packed. ( they are the complete opposite of me, everything is last minute but they always get there in the end!)

We took our bags down to the luggage place on the way out when DH realised he didn’t have his phone. We searched all the bags,went up to the room to see if he had left it there, no joy, and someone had already been in and stripped the beds. So I rang his phone, a lady answered and said his phone was in reception, the cleaning staff had found it and took it straight to reception! So that was lucky, I was worried as a lot of the photos from the holiday were on his phone so such a relief to get it back.

Anyways, we were on a mission, and managed to get it done by the time DS and DDIL joined us about 11.30

Everyone fancied a Five Guys for our last meal so we trotted off down there then tried to get on the hot air balloon, still no joy.Too breezy .

So we did a bit of shopping, DGD still had money left so she bought a Tinkerbell doll, a little play set and some Lego. We got some sweets for her nursery friends and a few bits and bobs for her little BFF.

I caved and bought a Goofy Christmas ornament. I’m not crazy about it but I had to have something for the tree, it’s tradition!

We had a quick Starbucks, returned to the hotel for a quick change and freshen up to get the 4.30 bus. We had received an e mail from Air France to remind us to get to the airport early and check in online etc.
There had been an accident on the motorway on the way so took a little bit longer but we were at the airport by 6 so thought we had loads of time.

Am I the only one who finds CDG airport confusing? Coming in had been a breeze, we found the Disney bus right next to where we exited customs in terminal 2E so we thought it would be the same going back but we were wrong! We had to ask where to check in as we just couldn’t find the departure desks, we were told to go to Zone 5 in terminal 2E , we were checked in there really easily the Air France staff were so helpful. We then had to go to Passport Control, which had a massive Que and only two desks open. So that took best part of an hour. Then we had to get a little train to the ‘ L’ gates where we went through security. Hubby was taken to one side for extra questioning, then we had a pretty long walk to our gate ( L31) . So all in all took about 2 hours to get to our gate.

DH and DS announced they were starving as had no food since 5 guys at lunchtime. They went off in search of food, but Starbucks and Pret had absolutely no food available! They managed to find a little Relay shop ( a bit like a Hudson’s News) and found some sarnies in there.

Boarding was quick and smooth, but at the time we were due to take off the Pilot announced we were missing 20 people and we would wait a bit longer for them. We assumed they had had the same problems as us, but when they boarded they told us there had been a suspect bag left in security and they had all had to evacuate while it was dealt with! We took off 45 mins late but landed only 10 mins late. So all home safe and sound, cases unpacked and washing well underway.

DS has woken up with a temp and feeling rough, done a Covid test but currently negative. He will keep testing for a few days though as they are at a wedding next weekend.

We have had an amazing holiday, everything I could have wished for. I would absolutely go again.

The Marvel hotel and the parks are just lovley, the characters and cast members were helpful and friendly, and most importantly my little grandaughter had such an amazing time and I will treasure those memories forever. Yes, it was expensive, but it was worth every penny and I would absolutely do it again.

The only disappointment was the food, though not terrible, the prices they charge ( $69 for Plaza Gardens, $79 for the Princess dinner) should at least be reflected in the quality of the food. I know prices are similar in Florida, I just feel the food in my experience has generally been better. Anyway it didn’t spoil the holiday at all, we didn’t starve!

So I have suggested half term in May again next year, and though I know DDIL has loved seeing Disney through DGDs eyes, she doesn’t get the whole Disney thing, so she thinks two years would be a better gap and DGD would appreciate it better.

DIL says she couldn’t face a fortnight of theme parks in Florida, so that is out of the question.

Despite that, if we get to go back in two years I will take that!
In the meantime DH and I will enjoy our onsite Universal holidays !

This is my terrible attempt at a selfie on Orbitron, I just don’t have the knack!

Just remembered, another disappointment was a lack of 30 th Merch. I really wanted the Starbucks mug as I have all the WDW park ones and also the 30 th mug with the handle in the shape of a ‘3’
In the end I bought the little black and gold cup with the castle on and a Shadow of the Pridelands mug as I loved the Lion King show and it holds lovley memories for me.

But again, didn’t spoil my holiday, I’m sure I will get over it!
Old 4 Jun 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Wonderful photos, your DGD has had the best time 💞 So pleased you had a good trip and made lots of memories xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Loved reading your view of DLP. So glad you had a great time! You’ve got me very excited for our trip in September, & although my kids have grown up now we still have the same excitement of going we never tire of it! It’ll be even more exciting this time as we’ve my sons girlfriend coming with us & she’s never been!
Thanks for sharing your lovely pics too the weather looked gorgeous! ☀️

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Loved reading your view of DLP. So glad you had a great time! You’ve got me very excited for our trip in September, & although my kids have grown up now we still have the same excitement of going we never tire of it! It’ll be even more exciting this time as we’ve my sons girlfriend coming with us & she’s never been!
Thanks for sharing your lovely pics too the weather looked gorgeous! ☀️
Aw thanks for reading ( and to everyone else who has!) it’s been great doing a trip report as I can look back at it myself and remind myself of what we did!

Yes, the weather was fantastic! I think you’re staying at the Marvel hotel? If you are you will love it!
Old 4 Jun 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
3rd Time Lucky
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thankyou for doing your trip report NF, l also loved reading your review, your DGD is gorgeous, my children are grown up but we all love a Disney trip, after reading your report it has got me looking for a cheeky trip there 😀
3rd Time Lucky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 22, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle99
VIP Dibber

Lovely trip report. What great memories you have made. Thank you for sharing. We’re doing almost exactly what you did in July with our granddaughter. Staying the first night in Sequioa and then heading to Art of Marvel. It’s been great to read your experience so thanks again !
Belle99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Belle99 View Post
Lovely trip report. What great memories you have made. Thank you for sharing. We’re doing almost exactly what you did in July with our granddaughter. Staying the first night in Sequioa and then heading to Art of Marvel. It’s been great to read your experience so thanks again !
Thanks for reading! We had the best time, I’m sure you will too, I can’t wait to go back to do it all again!