Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Jun 22, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

We don’t talk about holiday no no no- Britannia cruise Day 2

Tuesday 19th

I had a really bad night sleep and woke up loads, Scott did too. I got up just before 7 and sneaked into the shower, woke Scott with a coffee and we had another rush around to get everyone ready and we were down at breakfast for 8am as we had booked.

Coffee and full breakfast for us and pancakes for the girls. Little bit too much food.
Had a sit in the crow bar looking for the crossword.

We went back to the cabin and got changed as the kids had long sleeves on.

Decided to come and sit in the market cafe near the windows where we did the crossword and played chess.

We had a coffee and a red berry cooler. Plans for today is a magic show at 2. Then dinner at 6.30 and kids club by 8.

We decided to go up to the lido deck for some sun and did have a good walk around to see if we could fine a spot but it was too windy to stay up there. Back to the cabin to leave the kids bags and then we headed off to the buffet.
We sat at the top near the beach house as it was quieter but I’m sure the food at this side was different to the middle. We had some curry, chips and rice. I’m not impressed with the food to be honest. Apple crumble, cheesecake and chocolate cake was also eaten.

We headed down to the live lounge.

There was the magician act that we wanted to see at 2pm. When we arrived there was a learn to juggle class so the kids joined in with that. Scarlett was really quiet good at it. I went to fetch Scott a pink fizz thing from the glass house and have a look at the menu for this evening.
We didn’t actually think that the magician was any good, some of the tricks were supposed to be a lot funnier but the girls thought it was great. Georgia got chosen to do the plate spinning and she managed to get it to the ceiling, was brilliant to watch, Scarlett didn’t volunteer but she did keep trying to volunteer me but I wasn’t having any of that.

After this I wanted to go and do the syndicate quick in the crystal room. There were 20 questions and I’m sure a lot of these general knowledge ones are more for people older than us, I mean who knows the name of the album that John Lennon was on. Obviously everyone but us. We scored 1, The question was what is the Latino gang called in west wide story.
Scott had a fruit salad cocktail while we were here. With it being nearly 4.30 we decided to go back to the room to shower and get ready. While we were back in the cabin we decided that we didn’t like the look of tonight’s menu so changed our plans slightly.

Back up to the buffet, I feel like I’m forever up and down in this ship and it’s driving me mad that I can’t get to the places I need to due to the isolation cabins. Kids dinner was wedges and burger with lots of different pudding, I think theirs was nicer than the one at lunch time. No spills from Georgia this time but I managed to make a mess on the table. We might have borrowed a napkin to take home some cookies and a cup of milk for coffee.

Back at the cabin the kids got ready for kids club and we got dressed for black tie evening. Scott was in a suit looking sexy and I was in a black dress, I don’t think I looked too bad.
We got them to the kids club after taking at least two wrong turns which really annoyed me as I was in heels and had to go through the slippy floor in the buffet.
Both of them were happy to go straight in, it said they were making cocktails tonight.

We decided to chance going straight down to sindhu and seeing if a table was available. We managed to go straight in, table for two and it was lovely not to have to be telling anyone to behave!
We ordered the crab for starters. I enjoyed the claws but found the inside too fishy so Scott ate mine. Then for mains it was lobster and chicken. To be honest mine was on par with the buffet and I wasn’t impressed but Scott really enjoyed his lobster biryani. Washed down with a coke and a tiger beer.

We enjoyed some time off from the girls but soon it was 9.30 and time to collect them. They weren’t very impressed as their hadn’t made mocktails.
Extra puddings instead.

Back to the cabin for bedtime. Everyone is shattered again.

Edited at 06:45 PM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

A nice relaxed day, sorry you’re not loving the food, your dinner looked nice though. Did you mean crab not crap?
That made me laugh 😂 nice photos!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Kids look like they are having a great time.

All the hassle and rushing around beforehand just melts away once onboard.

Looking forward to updates!
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
A nice relaxed day, sorry you’re not loving the food, your dinner looked nice though. Did you mean crab not crap?
That made me laugh 😂 nice photos!
Hahaha I obviously didn’t proof read. Yes the crab
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 23, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are on Brittania this April, so finding your reports interesting thanks
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List