Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book it you will go. Sept 2019. Day 14 - MK & DS

The dining report for today is here.

Today was our last full day and we had MK planned for EEMH. We set the alarm for 6am and had breakfast in the room of the cinnamon rolls from the day before.

We eventually left for MK about 7.20am and found it much quieter than on Wednesday. We were in Tomorrowland within half an hour of leaving the resort.

Queen of the monorail.

We went on Buzz first which said 10 minute wait but was walk on. I got an awful score so was determined we were riding it again later!

After this we did the People Mover again because we love it so much!

It's a bit dirty though .

Our first FP was Splash Mountain at 9.15am and we still had loads of time so went to go on It’s a Small World. It said 20 minutes so we went to walk away but the CM said that was wrong and it was walk on so we went on. She was right. This is not the best ride but we always feel we should do it at least once a trip.

We were entertained by a group of women in front of us who were celebrating Willie’s first trip and cooing over him every 5 seconds. Willie was a baby who seemed oblivious to the fact it was his first trip or that the rest of the party all had t shirts to advertise it was Willie’s first trip.

Ok another time out. What is with all the matching/group t shirts this year? I felt like we were weird for not having them! I have to say I got more irritated as the trip went on as I lump them in with FB posts and selfies. None of this is for your own benefit as you know you’re the brother/sister/aunt/uncle/granny/grandad/cousin/mum/dad/best friend/dentist/hairdresser or whatever of whichever little prince or princess is celebrating getting a tooth or tying their shoe laces or whatever it is. It’s all for everyone elses benefit and WE DON’T CARE. Sorry but they were really annoying.

Anyway, after Small World Marie wanted to go on Haunted Mansion. It said 15 minutes but I don’t think it was that long.

Top tip – if you want to make Haunted Mansion scary start thinking about the Haunting of Hill House while on the ride. It totally works and I will definitely not be doing that again!

The park was pretty quiet.

By now we were ready for some food so ended up at Westward Ho for a muffin and coffee. We sat for a while at the tables outside Pecos Bill enjoying this and waiting for it to be close to the end of our FP window for Splash Mountain. We had Big Thunder Mountain straight after and wanted to ride it while in the area.

After Splashy we had a look in the shop there as we hadn’t really looked in there this trip. We sat in the rocking chairs for a wee while.

We then rode BTM with our FP.

We still had some time before our 7DMT FP and these are not easy to move although I did try. We decided to have a look in the Main Street shops while we waited.

Again, what is Disney going for here?

Random pics.

After a look round the shops we headed back to Fantasyland via the inside of the castle. I didn’t realise you could still do this as I was sure they’d closed it off.

We rode 7DMT and made a FP for Buzz in the queue. On the way over to Tomorrowland we stopped at Cheshire Café and split a Cheshire Cat Tail. It was still an hour until our lunch booking at BoG so we didn’t want to spoil our appetites with a whole one.

We rode Buzz after this and I got my best score ever! I found a high scoring spot that Marie didn’t know about. I do think though that 2 people aiming at the same high score spot will not both get the 100,000 as Marie was getting the high score for bits we were both shooting at and I wasn’t. Anyway, I was pleased with my score as I usually get about 30,000.

After we’d tapped into Buzz I made a FP for Under the Sea and we rode that on the way to Be Our Guest for lunch. Review from dining report pasted here.

We had Be Our Guest booked for 12.30pm. We like to do both breakfast and lunch while on DDP as it’s good value although it’s not my favourite QS. I also needed to have my Masters Cupcake!
We pre ordered again so were given a yellow rose and directed to the left hand queue to pay. Marie decided to get an alcoholic drink this time and chose a Mimosa. We were given a red rose for this to put at the table.

We had to sit at a table for 4 as none of the tables for 2 were clean which I felt a bit guilty about. We waited ages on our food and about 3 CMs stopped to look at our receipt before we eventually got our food.
We were boring and ordered what we usually do – I got the turkey baguette without the Dijon mustard and Marie the Croque Monsieur. I also used a snack credit for the cupcake.

Mine wasn’t great. The baguette was hard and the fries were a bit rubbish. The cupcake was fab however.

After lunch we rode Buzz again but I wasn’t able to get as good a score as earlier. Both because of the reason I mentioned and also because Marie turns the ride vehicle to get a better shot for herself which usually results in a worse one for me!

New Tomorrowland sign.

We left the park after that via a last look in the big shop in case we’d missed something!

We wanted a couple of hours at the pool to have a chill but it was really hot being afternoon so we cut that short.

We headed back to the room and got showered and changed before heading out to DS for dinner and some shopping. We also needed to use up some left over credits.

We decided on Chicken Guy as we hadn’t made it here yet. I had the Sauce Boss. We both had a combo with fries and a drink as this is a QS credit.

Marie went for the 3 tenders combo and got spicy mayo and garlic parmesan. We also shared a Mac Daddy Mac n Cheese which we were able to use a snack credit for. This came out first so we kind of ate it as a starter.

After dinner we had a look round the shops and both bought a Star Wars t shirt. We had quite a few QS credits to use up thanks to our two Universal days, dinner at SeaWorld and the Disney TS meals so went to Goofy’s Candy Co and Ghirardelli.

We headed back to the resort to finish packing and called Bell Services to make arrangements for them to collect and store our luggage the following morning at 6.45am. We watched Dr Strange for a wee while before turning in for our last night at CSR.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Good last day 😥. Like your comment about the tee shirt brigade. Have to agree as we were there the same time as yourselves and noticed more of them. Great score on Buzz.
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Good last day 😥. Like your comment about the tee shirt brigade. Have to agree as we were there the same time as yourselves and noticed more of them. Great score on Buzz.
Thanks.

I really felt the t shirts were more noticeable this year. It was like a competition!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I loved Haunting of Hill House, but boy was it scary so I bet it made Haunted Mansion frightening. A lovely day at MK, you got a great score on Buzz I'm always pleased if I score over 50,000 as I'm absolutely rubbish at it.

Oh and I loved your rant on the t shirts. There do seem to be more and more of them it's a plague of matching name Ts

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I loved Haunting of Hill House, but boy was it scary so I bet it made Haunted Mansion frightening. A lovely day at MK, you got a great score on Buzz I'm always pleased if I score over 50,000 as I'm absolutely rubbish at it.

Oh and I loved your rant on the t shirts. There do seem to be more and more of them it's a plague of matching name Ts
It’s a great show but doesn’t make Haunted Mansion more enjoyable to think about it .

I was so pleased with my Buzz score - I’m aiming for 999999 next year!

Trip Report Index
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

A great day at MK. Well done on the Buzz score that's awesome!

Afraid I'm one of the matching T-Shirts brigade we had some for travel day and some for our first day but the kid's loved it ... also made it easier to spot them if they started to wander off

Chicken Guy looks fab and is definitely on our list for next time xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
A great day at MK. Well done on the Buzz score that's awesome!

Afraid I'm one of the matching T-Shirts brigade we had some for travel day and some for our first day but the kid's loved it ... also made it easier to spot them if they started to wander off

Chicken Guy looks fab and is definitely on our list for next time xx
Sorry , they just seemed like they were everywhere this year.

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Sorry , they just seemed like they were everywhere this year.
haha it's fine, I can see why they would get annoying, everyone's different X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List