Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post

still holding out

though to be fair, now with a mortgage application going through, not sure it would be wise to what £3K on the CC
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

All my flight options seem to have shot up... I don't know if this is a deliberate thing before black Friday or actual demand. I have gone from getting excited and planning to thinking it might not happen this year... what roller coaster
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveDisney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I'm still holding out for £3k flydrive direct, the prices are nowhere near that currently

TPA or MIA are an option and it will come down to money at the end of the day

I'm a newbie to Florida, went as a kid in 1992 but now taking our 13 and 14 year old girls for next July and the prices are just crazy.

We're going with friends who are experienced Florida goers and they have bottled it and booked a fly drive from LHR-MIA for 3.5 weeks for £3800 with BA (2A 2C)

This seems crazy and I'm willing to hold out for cheaper flights, I will buy them as soon as they're under £3k with a car (Ford Edge) but I'm not paying nearly £4k!
SteveDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveDisney View Post
I'm still holding out for £3k flydrive direct, the prices are nowhere near that currently

I'm a newbie to Florida, went as a kid in 1992 but now taking our 13 and 14 year old girls for next July and the prices are just crazy.

We're going with friends who are experienced Florida goers and they have bottled it and booked a fly drive from LHR-MIA for 3.5 weeks for £3800 with BA (2A 2C)

This seems crazy and I'm willing to hold out for cheaper flights, I will buy them as soon as they're under £3k with a car (Ford Edge) but I'm not paying nearly £4k!
what are your dates?
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveDisney

25th July to 20th August 2020
SteveDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve been paying less than 2k for a family of 4 with car for 23/25 nights with connection from Newcastle for the last few years. I’m still holding out for it
Old 15 Nov 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think that if you are prepared to look at indirect from Heathrow you are likely to have a better chance of hitting your target. 3.8 does seem like a lot but a fair whack will be car. How much is a car for that duration ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveDisney

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I think that if you are prepared to look at indirect from Heathrow you are likely to have a better chance of hitting your target. 3.8 does seem like a lot but a fair whack will be car. How much is a car for that duration ?
It depends where you look, with BA they are changing their prices daily!

Other places like Budget, Alamo etc are about £700 to £1000 currently

I'm playing the waiting game as I'm sure these high prices are not long term
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
We’ve been paying less than 2k for a family of 4 with car for 23/25 nights with connection from Newcastle for the last few years. I’m still holding out for it
Me too and still waiting n hoping
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Looking for flights anywhere in the US for a reasonable price in July. My goodness this year they are expensive.
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List